You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

river play 100nl cash

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
hi folks whats your line on river and why? no  read on player

lovejunkySmall blind £0.50£0.50£98.50RamrageBig blind £1.00£1.50£73.67 Your hole cardsQQ   weedgiRaise £3.00£4.50£145.59IcBear25Call £3.00£7.50£94.40lovejunkyFold    RamrageFold    Flop  1084   weedgiBet £5.00£12.50£140.59IcBear25Call £5.00£17.50£89.40Turn  3   weedgiCheck    IcBear25Bet £9.00£26.50£80.40weedgiRaise £26.75£53.25£113.84IcBear25Call £17.75£71.00£62.65River  K   

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Just lead turn

As played c/c
  • edited June 2012
    Youve take a sudden leap weed lol well as played the K should really be a blank, would be a really thin value bet here though. The villian must have a pretty strong hand to call the check raise on the turn on that board, i would narrow his range down to sets, JJ and A10. On the river i would go ahead and check and hope he checks back if you put in a bet here and get raised its just head in hand moment.
  • edited June 2012
    c/r doesn't make much sense to me

I prefer betting
  • edited June 2012

i had 3 thoughts on river 1st was push for valu its thin, but had gut feelin  i was ahead
    2nd was to bet  smallish like 20 and fold to raise (would only be another 42 dunno if i could fold for that)
    3rd was check  call
    the fact i had no reads/notes on player  would mean he is def no reg , hes prob a fish , thats way i approach noteless players ,treat as fish until proven otherwise

will post outcome later see if any more comments

• edited June 2012
    why u check on a blank turn got lucky the villain bet for u to check raise on river im check calling depends on size of bet i prefer firing 3 streets of value 
  • edited June 2012
    i have trouble explainin thought process sometimes its like subconshus? tells u what to do without bein able to explain in words why
    i go for check raise to get more money in pot on turn   see above for reasoning
  • edited June 2012
    really dont like turn c/r. if you are doing it for value  then jam river
  • edited June 2012

yes check raise def for valu so i shuld jam the river? the way the hand is played

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: river play 100nl cash:
    i had 3 thoughts on river 1st was push for valu its thin, but had gut feelin  i was ahead 2nd was to bet  smallish like 20 and fold to raise (would only be another 42 dunno if i could fold for that) 3rd was check  call the fact i had no reads/notes on player  would mean he is def no reg , hes prob a fish , thats way i approach noteless players ,treat as fish until proven otherwise will post outcome later see if any more comments
    Posted by weedgi
    This on its own is not a reason to value bet
  • edited June 2012
    ok so i checked the river,i was callin any bet(thought i had timin tell he was weak with lightnin fast calls), opponent checked back and showed J 10
    does he call river push ? who knows
    feel i missed value on river,sort of had a plan to get all the money in (bit spewy perhaps),and dint go thru with it on river,obv player dependant  , not happy with how i played hand ,
    maybe  i underestimate randoms with under 100bb that i want it all in here?
    thanks for your thoughts
  • edited June 2012
    bet 1/2 pot on river. Against a random they hardly ever show up with a stronger hand unless they have KT. If he had you beat he would have shoved turn.