You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Overpair + OESD v massive fish

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hand below comes right at the end of session, id actually hit stand before cards where even delt.

Reads on Villian: Hes one of my favorite players at NL4 to play, simply for moves like this. This session i was on two tables v this villian and clearly spent most of the session on tilt. Its been a while since i played him so im basising my notes on this session only since his play might have changed. Hes been open shoving alot pre. Hes also blind defending pretty badly. One major one i noticed he managed to get to showdown with 72o after a raise pre. Hed previously stacked v me pre with TJo very early in session. Since then his stacks have been yo-yoing constantly.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bedi Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.65
villianBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £9.55
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

The_Don90 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £3.75
rambo7777 Fold     
katiebaby Fold     
TINTIN Fold     
bedi Fold     
villianCall  £0.12 £0.34 £9.43
Flop

• J
  • Q

villianCheck     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.26 £0.60 £3.49
villianAll-in  £9.43 £10.03 £0.00
The_Don90 ????

Comments

• edited June 2012
    im snapping this of every minute of everyday of the week no 1 i mean no 1 is folding here u have str8 draw and u could already be ahead with kk and u have blockers with kk so lesslikey he has a str8 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Overpair + OESD v massive fish:
    im snapping this of every minute of everyday of the week no 1 i mean no 1 is folding here u have str8 draw and u could already be ahead with kk and u have blockers with kk so lesslikey he has a str8 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Ok i think your tryna make me look stupid now.

We defo aint getting the right odds to look for a straight. QJ/TJ/QT all in his range aswell as K9/89/AK

Alll which beat us. What do we beat ?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Overpair + OESD v massive fish : Ok i think your tryna make me look stupid now. We defo aint getting the right odds to look for a straight. QJ/TJ/QT all in his range aswell as K9/89/AK Alll which beat us. What do we beat ?
    Posted by The_Don90

it's NL4.

call.

• edited June 2012
    Some people could find a fold hear.

I call. 

He could be shoving with anything if he's a massive fish,  or he could easy have a q , k 10 ,  flush draw.    All of which you beat.   If he is ahead, fair play to him.  But you have outs.

Also we can rule out sets, as he will never be doing this with a set.
  • edited June 2012
    It's a call, you're probz ahead plus you have 400000 outs if you're not
  • edited June 2012
    Some people could find a fold hear. I call.  He could be shoving with anything if he's a massive fish,  or he could easy have a q , k 10 ,  flush draw.    All of which you beat.   If he is ahead, fair play to him.  But you have outs. Also we can rule out sets, as he will never be doing this with a set.
    Posted by 1267

I wouldn't fully rule out sets/twopairs/underpairs etc etc  he might have just heard the ice cream van and not want to fold so he just goes all in and runs off after the jingle.... 
  • edited June 2012
    not completly clear cut call, but i cant/wont fold this. personally i think your behind but ......
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Overpair + OESD v massive fish : I wouldn't fully rule out sets/twopairs/underpairs etc etc  he might have just heard the ice cream van and not want to fold so he just goes all in and runs off after the jingle.... 
    Posted by beaneh
    Lol, exactly this

He will have you beat sometimes, but he has loads of one pair hands, draws, pair+ draw and random carp in his range
  • edited June 2012
    I'm folding this, but I'm a coward lol
  • edited June 2012
    I hate folding kings, but i think your behind here to a two pair hand which is shoving because they dont wana see another card. J10, JQ, Q10 all in his range. But there also is some chance has a big draw such as 10 with a FD. Even aganst a pair and a flush draw your not a big favourite here and youve only invested 42p. But i would probably call cos im a fish lol
  • edited June 2012
    im suprised people considering folding this u got kings yes u can be against random 2 pairs but u have kk every chance u are already ahead and have loads of outs for draws 
  • edited June 2012
    against J10 it's basically a race.. plus you have backdraw flush
  • edited June 2012
    im suprised people considering folding this u got kings yes u can be against random 2 pairs but u have kk every chance u are already ahead and have loads of outs for draws 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    random pairs, we're v a guy witha very wide range whos c/s a broadway flop. not exactly a random 2 pairs board, but slaps a pre calling range pretty hard.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Overpair + OESD v massive fish : random pairs, we're v a guy witha very wide range whos c/s a broadway flop. not exactly a random 2 pairs board, but slaps a pre calling range pretty hard.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Think of all the hands he might jam flop with

Think about your equity v these hands

Click call
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Overpair + OESD v massive fish : Think of all the hands he might jam flop with Think about your equity v these hands Click call
    Posted by grantorino
    Id normally agree with this. We have one small issue. He shoves his entire range here.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Overpair + OESD v massive fish : Id normally agree with this. We have one small issue. He shoves his entire range here.
    Posted by The_Don90
    And you think that's a reason to fold?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Overpair + OESD v massive fish : And you think that's a reason to fold?
    Posted by grantorino
    im not saying its a fold. But this is the reason i posted the hand.

We can expect him to shove all made hands that beat us, And most 1pair + Draw hands. AQ hed 3bet pre or even shove pre with so i dnt think that makes up any part of his range.

the range i have is

AT/AJ maybe A9
    KQ/KJ/KT/K9
    JQ/QT/Q9/Q8
    TJ/9T/T8
  • edited June 2012
    never foldin  get it in
  • edited June 2012

50/50 ahead or behind but if your behind you have tons of outs

• edited June 2012
    I'm snap calling.

We're going to be against 1 pair hands a lot of the time, which we crush.

If we're against QT/QJ/JT, we have Four Aces, Four 9's, Two Kings, plus 3 outs for a bigger two pair and backdoor flush. We also pick up another 3 outs if the turn is a brick, as two running cards of the same value (e.g. Two 6's) would give us a better two pair. We're basically flipping against these three hands, might even be favourite to win the hand.

Are we ever against a set when opponent flat calls pre? Very unlikely, although this is 4NL...

We have two straight blockers in our hand, if he's got AK then nh. If he's got 89 then we've got 7 outs plus some backdoor flush and house outs. Favourite against pretty much every draw he can have here, as well.

One for Pokerstove, but I think we're favourite to win the hand against his range, and we have to get the money in.
  • edited June 2012
    versus this oppo , snap