You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

That bloke likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he?

edited September 2012 in Sky Poker Live
Tried to find out his name but that chap on with Hartigan tonight he just doesn't shut up.

Does he have to analyse every single limp and fold? Yes we can see he has 68 and he's going to fold but you don't have to tell us it's going to happen. It's as if he's commentating on poker for the radio.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I assume that would be Stuart Rutter? Yes, his analysis is excellent and 99% of the time he seems to know what he is talking about, but sometimes take a breath please!
  • edited June 2012
    No it's not Stuart Rutter lol but I guess this thread applies to him too. :P (more to do with volume of voice with him)
  • edited June 2012
    I've Finally found the culprit it's Ryan Spittles.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: That bloke likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he?:
    Posted by Waffel
    With a name like Waffel you cant really comment on people going on and on can ya :)

Anyway, imo Ryan is an excellent analyst, i have watched sky poker tv for 4 years and he is defo one of the best the channel have ever had.. accurate and informative. I think he makes it look easy!
  • edited June 2012
    Posted by Waffel
    Wish he would stop saying UUMM all the time.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, taken on board!

Also the ummm thing...I realise I do that too much, don't worry I'm again trying to cut that down via a couple of learning methods.

I'll get there guys!
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, taken on board! Also the ummm thing...I realise I do that too much, don't worry I'm again trying to cut that down via a couple of learning methods. I'll get there guys!
    Posted by scotty77
    Doh, wish i hadn't added a reply now.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for the feedback, taken on board! Also the ummm thing...I realise I do that too much, don't worry I'm again trying to cut that down via a couple of learning methods. I'll get there guys!
    Posted by scotty77
    It could be worse Scotty, Don constantly says erm and know what i mean.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: That bloke likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he? : Doh, wish i hadn't added a reply now.
    Posted by cbe21ok

why not?  its ok I can take constructive criticism!

if you aren't aware of these things you can never get better :)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: That bloke likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he? : why not?  its ok I can take constructive criticism! if you aren't aware of these things you can never get better :)
    Posted by scotty77
    Cool. Best of luck in LV.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: That bloke likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he? : With a name like Waffel you cant really comment on people going on and on can ya
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    This coming from someone with 6000 post posts :)  I don't doubt that Scotty77 knows what he's talking about and gives good analysis, just he may be guilty of over analyising. Sorry I just find that it gets a little tedious and almost patronising to the audience being given a detailed description of all 6 hands on the table relevant or not.

Apologies if this thread seemed a little rude and hope I haven't offended. I'm certainly no expert on this just giving my opinion.

Oh and bring back The Club  http://youtu.be/M7wdD8IpE-M
  • edited June 2012

This show was the first I've watched live for months (as I heard it was going back to the old format of following a tournament from start to finish.) I thought the analysis was excellent.

The ummmm's? lol...

Didn't really notice at the time, but thinking back I know what u mean....

I guess analysing the hands on the spot to such a high level takes some thinking time, maybe the ummm's are a small price to pay for top quality analysis. 

They can't be that bad if I didn't notice !!! :P 

Old format + New analysts = Top show!'z
  • edited June 2012
    While i agree that everyones opinions should be taken onboard i also think that reading stuff like this could knock someones confidence and in this situation that would be a bad thing because the more confident a analyst is and the more he talks then the more we learn imo.

So Ryan mate take all the comments onboard by all means but under no circumstances change the way you go about your analysis even if that does included you looking shocked when i check behind on the river with the best hand :)

The truth goes a long way and hearing it time and time again helps to drum it in to those of us who take a while to learn things lol

+1 to what Dohhhhh says though about the old format, i know sky have to go about things differently now in order to promote the site to new viewers etc but one of the old mastercash shows once a month couldnt hurt that much could it ? lol
  • edited June 2012
    but one of the old mastercash shows once a month couldnt hurt that much could it ? lol
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Or the really old format of a show every night? :)
  • edited July 2012
    Mr Spittles is my favourite analyst by far, enjoy his game so would enjoy his analysis. He also appeals to the entire audience as he has grinded his way to the posistion he is now in, and we have all seen him do so.
    Never noticed the ummmmmmmmmmmmm's tbh but it could be worse, he could talk a load of old dosh but he doesn't, so I can live with the ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm's

Kalie
  • edited July 2012
    I had Great time on show with Ryan, ummmmm, I hope to do it again some time!!

lol kiddin, analysis good, banter good, helps guests relax well, that little peculiarity will disappear with experiance 7 time, but I quite like it!! Remember not long ago , He was just another ambitious player like ALL of us!!

We can't all be Charismatic, Natural, Media Gods like Me you know!!
  • edited July 2012
    ryan just seems really entusiastic about his job and loves talking about the game, wouldnt say he loves the sound of his own voice although going off track he does remind me of ray wilkins with his use of the word ( tad ) lol. good analyst though for me!!!!
  • edited July 2012
    Personally, I am a big fan of Mr. Skittles' commentary. His expertise is obvious when you hear his analysis for a few minutes.

I often replay Ryan's remarks more than once in order for me to grasp the context. (That is only because I am learning, not any fault of Ryan's delivery! LOL.) Once I retain it I apply my new wisdom when I play next ...

I DO wish each replay had a tiny date stamp right beside the onscreen "REPLAY" stamp of ALL the Sky Poker shows. That way I know which repeated show I am about to see when I look at it. But Ryan's wisdom is always so relevant that it almost doesn't matter which date one is watching! LOL

You ALWAYS learn when Ryan is speaking. And he has a wicked sense of humour as well -- most of the Sky Presenters do have. LOL

It is AMAZING how much one can really learn about the game if you do watch regularly. I think the SKY POKER PRESENTERS ARE ALL REALLY HELPFUL! I have watched for a while and improved my game tremendously. THANKS to the SKY TEAM !!
  • edited July 2012
    Personally, I am a big fan of Mr. Skittles' commentary. His expertise is obvious when you hear his analysis for a few minutes. I often replay Ryan's remarks more than once in order for me to grasp the context. (That is only because I am learning, not any fault of Ryan's delivery! LOL.) Once I retain it I apply my new wisdom when I play next ... I DO wish each replay had a tiny date stamp right beside the onscreen "REPLAY" stamp of ALL the Sky Poker shows. That way I know which repeated show I am about to see when I look at it. But Ryan's wisdom is always so relevant that it almost doesn't matter which date one is watching! LOL You ALWAYS learn when Ryan is speaking. And he has a wicked sense of humour as well -- most of the Sky Presenters do have. LOL It is AMAZING how much one can really learn about the game if you do watch regularly. I think the SKY POKER PRESENTERS ARE ALL REALLY HELPFUL! I have watched for a while and improved my game tremendously. THANKS to the SKY TEAM !!
    Posted by BAYO_777
    Thank you for the great feedback! You'll be pleased to know that Ryan is on the show tonight and again on Tuesday.

Louis
    SkyPoker TV
  • edited July 2012
    No it's not Stuart Rutter lol but I guess this thread applies to him too. :P (more to do with volume of voice with him)
    Posted by Waffel
    26/7/12 lol
  • edited July 2012
    Well I think both Ryan and Stewart are excellent analysts and have learnt a great deal from them both.

I wouldn't want either of them to change their style just because of a few forum comments, the more information the better.

And if someone says "um" when they talk, so what couldn't care less.

Keep up the good work folks!

Doug
  • edited July 2012
    i have a poker crush on ryan, i think he is ace.

swoon
  • edited July 2012
    I think Ryan and Stuart are both very good. People think it is easy discussing the hands and having been on the show albeit just for one four hour session I know it isn't. You are not pre warned about the hands so you need to make it up on the spot. Another difficulty is the level of detail you need to go into which will completely differ from viewer to viewer. What one person considers too much detail, eg explaining terms that are obvious to one person is of great help to another viewer.

I think the new breed of analyst are good but will by no means be perfect so they need constructive ways of improving however I am not sure the op comments falls into this category.
  • edited August 2012
    I am very new to poker and have now found the sky poker channel , Which i watch most days now for tips and use as a learning guide and Ryan is by far the best on there , also had to follow him on twitter to learn more ( stalker now )

Jamie
  • edited August 2012
    Ryan is the best analyst on the show by a mile.
  • edited August 2012
    Nice posts on this thread. FWIW I think Ryan is a fantastic analyst- he clearly knows the site and the game inside out- puts his money where his mouth is, and has improved no end as a onscreen pundit with his presentation skills. And it's obvious to me he has worked very, very hard at this and is now reaping the rewards. I thought the show he did the other day was particularly good- and I notice he gets better and better each time I do a show with him. He was relaxed, confident, speaks with an air of authority but was also modest, plus entertaining. What's not to like? He's an asset to Sky Poker.

:-)
  • edited August 2012
    Ryan is the best analyst on the show by a mile.
    Posted by bearlyther

I particularly enjoyed his 'King jack off ' comment........ TV gold.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: That bloke likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he? : I particularly enjoyed his 'King jack off ' comment........ TV gold.
    Posted by copthis1

Simple things... :P