You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i play it wrong up to this point?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
hombre2 Small blind  15.00 15.00 1940.00
steshy13 Big blind  30.00 45.00 1905.00
 Your hole cards

BURNShurtz Raise  90.00 135.00 2095.00
steflet Call  90.00 225.00 1510.00
lonesome Fold     
hombre2 Fold     
steshy13 Fold     
Flop

BURNShurtz Bet  300.00 525.00 1795.00
steflet Call  300.00 825.00 1210.00
Turn

BURNShurtz Bet  825.00 1650.00 970.00
steflet All-in  1210.00 2860.00 0.00
BURNShurtz ???     
was my bet size to big on turn? should i of just checked??

Comments

• edited June 2012
    i would of played the same way i dnt think the turn bet is an issue gotta think to yaself if u check and then villain goes all in  puts u in a tricky spot but most probs ya going to call anyway so might aswell do the betting 
  • edited June 2012
    why did you overbet the flop?

would villain shove turning trips? it really depends on reads, whether he's capable of making a re tarded move with a pair of 3s or something
  • edited June 2012
    jest post?

We bet 133% pot on flop and pot on turn.

I have no idea what it is your trying to achieve or ask???
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: did i play it wrong up to this point?:
    why did you overbet the flop? would villain shove turning trips? it really depends on reads, whether he's capable of making a re tarded move with a pair of 3s or something
    Posted by percival09
    Look at stacks, what else is he going to do @ turn with trips/sets better Op's?
  • edited June 2012
    lol oh yeah I didn't see the stacks... obv you can never fold
  • edited June 2012
    :P  Its like fu plz have A's :)
  • edited June 2012
    jest post? We bet 133% pot on flop and pot on turn. I have no idea what it is your trying to achieve or ask???
    Posted by AMYBR
    Actually he clearly ASKS what he should have done on the turn at the bottom of his post. His question is was his bet on turn to big and should have have checked. And he has a point as he overbets flop and gets a call on a board so dry it starts its on forest fires.

So for me, this early in whatever this is I'm not sure I love suddenly going at it again on turn. I mean did he really call the over bet with a 2 or a 3? Seems unlikely unless he is very loose. Either he has overpair 88+, a 7 or a fullhouse. Yes board for your hand is great, but when balanced with what did he call an overbet on flop with and I'm not loving my hand as much when turn gives another 7.

As played of course have to call the all in, but you are beat.
  • edited June 2012
    Then yes betting pot plus then pot is too much :p

Burnz has posted and contributed long enough for me to be plain flabbergasted as to why he would take this line, then ask if he played it wrong/badly.
  • edited June 2012
    I think villain could still get it in with worse than 1010. Maybe 8899, its so hard to analyse hands without any info on reads or image
  • edited June 2012
    I think villain could still get it in with worse than 1010. Maybe 8899, its so hard to analyse hands without any info on reads or image
    Posted by percival09
    Agree but villain would have to be pretty bad, especially as played.

Just a very simple question.  Why are we betting 133% pot on flop?