You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

too many rivers

edited July 2012 in Area 51

i am posting this in here before it gets moved by some mod.

I have noticed over the few days i have been back on sky that there are too many rivers that give the win for the chasing person/behind on turn...

i would list them, but as i play a few tables or tournys at the same time i dont want to take 8 hours to list them..

Now, this is where you get the regular people who say, show me, or but you will win in the long run..

I simply ask the question of others, do they think that there are too many wins from behind..

too many massive hands are getting beaten by rubbish. yesterday alone i had KK AA and QQ beaten on river 6 times after people had chased.. good 80-20 hands.  now if i was winning the 80% i would not mind.. if i was winning the 80% i would be winning alot more cash.. 

this is where they say. show us/post ur hand history..

No one likse to lose(can everyone agree with that)..

But when you constantly lose with the better hand at certain points of a tournament, it seems like trends are happening.

is it me, am i the only one who sees these trends, am i the only one who can see when you go all-in pre flop, they turn their cards over, you know you are going to lose no matter what you have.

i am not bitter towards sky or any player on sky..

i play other sites more now, but that is not the point...

i have got use to the miracle 1 or 2 outers on the river, i take it now, i still think they are miracles, but that is my thinking...

now alot will come on and say, but you will win in the long run, you have not played enough hands.  really?  i have not seen this to be true, i have been involved in enough hands to see the leading hand does not hold as it should. 

i am not saying in anyway that it is rigged. i am just stating my opinion that hands do not hold as they should and too many river cards change the outcome once the chips go in.. 

note. i must be a losing player as i am moaning.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Welcome back

You basically answer all your own questions so I am tempted to close the thread

i am not saying in anyway that it is rigged. i am just stating my opinion that hands do not hold as they should and too many river cards change the outcome once the chips go in..

Maybe you are just super unlucky?

• edited June 2012
    you play on other sites you trust.

yet...

you still play here, even though you don't trust the site.

You're so silly Al.

• edited June 2012
    I'm not saying Rowntrees is rigged, but I got a whole packet of green fruit pastilles the other day!
  • edited June 2012
    ohh shock at the usual closure issue straight away..

ohh shock at the usual (be polite) people taking the mick ..

all about as predictable as the sky river...

enough said

reply to dohhhhh.. i play the team game...#
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers:
    ohh shock at the usual closure issue straight away.. ohh shock at the usual (be polite) people taking the mick .. all about as predictable as the sky river... enough said reply to dohhhhh.. i play the team game...#
    Posted by bigal36903
    Blimey, could i have made the winky smiley any bigger? have you never heard of tongue in cheek?

Worst hand wins in live poker as well, Fri night at Alea Leeds I won the tourney when my JT beat QT all in pre, Sat night I exited in level 2 when my AA was beaten by Q8 and Sun night I got it in good with A9 v KQ and he spiked K on turn.
  • edited June 2012
    ohh shock at the usual closure issue straight away.. ohh shock at the usual (be polite) people taking the mick .. all about as predictable as the sky river... enough said reply to dohhhhh.. i play the team game...#
    Posted by bigal36903
    Just abiita banter Al ;)

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : Blimey, could i have made the winky smiley any bigger? have you never heard of tongue in cheek? Worst hand wins in live poker as well, Fri night at Alea Leeds I won the tourney when my JT beat QT all in pre, Sat night I exited in level 2 when my AA was beaten by Q8 and Sun night I got it in good with A9 v KQ and he spiked K on turn.
    Posted by SolarCarro
    maybe you should get a life,winky smiley face.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : maybe you should get a life,winky smiley face.
    Posted by igimc

Sounds like a good life to me lol
  • edited June 2012
    I play on the world's biggest poker site, and although i don't believe any site is rigged, after playing approx 50,000 hands on there (NOT a big sample) i have seen my quads beaten 4 times, hands getting rivered time and time again and boards that hit 5 people smack in the face. If you think Sky is rigged you wanna count yourself lucky - i don't believe, as stated, that any site is rigged per se, but i do believe that different sites play differently for whatever reason. Count yourself lucky, Sky seems to have the most normal boards out of any site i've played on.

Oh, i'm also a winning player on all sites i play on :)

The VERY first port of call when you're getting sucked out on and think you're getting your fair share of bad beats is your own play. You can do things better, whoever you are.
  • edited June 2012
    bigal, i feel your pain mate. the last 2 mnths have been nothin short of dire. but all the times i carry on playing here/there/anywhere i cant say anything.
     ive dropped 5 levels in cash. now either i was running golden at 20/30nl for nearly a yr or i cant beat 4 nl, im still deciding which it is. i do know my last 3 live tourneys i have come 1st 2nd and 4th with an average of 45 runners so maybe its just evening itself out. like you i play multiple tables to even out big swings but it still happens. a friend on facebook who plays 100nl is 1k down today alone so it happens to us/them all.
    as for you igimc ,you epitomise everything i dislike about a certain type of poker player.
  • edited June 2012
    bigal, i feel your pain mate. the last 2 mnths have been nothin short of dire. but all the times i carry on playing here/there/anywhere i cant say anything.  ive dropped 5 levels in cash. now either i was running golden at 20/30nl for nearly a yr or i cant beat 4 nl, im still deciding which it is. i do know my last 3 live tourneys i have come 1st 2nd and 4th with an average of 45 runners so maybe its just evening itself out. like you i play multiple tables to even out big swings but it still happens. a friend on facebook who plays 100nl is 1k down today alone so it happens to us/them all. as for you igimc ,you epitomise everything i dislike about a certain type of poker player.
    Posted by pod1
    That makes me feel so warm inside.couldn't be possible to care less tho.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : maybe you should get a life,winky smiley face.
    Posted by igimc
    Work Hard, Play Hard ever heard of that phrase?

Read Rich Orford's blog, answers all the points in OP
  • edited June 2012
    Here is a beauty for you
    BradD Small blind  200.00 200.00 3115.00
    SolarCarro Big blind  400.00 600.00 1100.00
     Your hole cards
    • A

esso1 All-in  1440.00 2040.00 0.00
    jjh874 Fold     
    donnabelucky Fold     
    minett04 Fold     
    BradD Fold     
    SolarCarro Call  1040.00 3080.00 60.00
    SolarCarro Show
    • A

esso1 Show

Flop

Turn

River

esso1 Win Two Pairs, 10s and 9s 3080.00  3080.00
  • edited June 2012
             you win when your lucks in,so they tell me
  • edited June 2012
    just standard
    igimc Small blind  50.00 50.00 1495.00
    KinKade Big blind  100.00 150.00 3280.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

TerrificMe Call  100.00 250.00 4045.00
    flash35 Raise  200.00 450.00 5695.00
    Clark147 Fold     
    zubby1 Fold     
    igimc All-in  1495.00 1945.00 0.00
    KinKade Fold     
    TerrificMe Fold     
    flash35 Call  1345.00 3290.00 4350.00
    igimc Show
    • A
    • A

flash35 Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

• K

flash35 Win Full House, Kings and 7s 3290.00  7640.00
  • edited June 2012
    just standard igimc Small blind   50.00 50.00 1495.00 KinKade Big blind   100.00 150.00 3280.00   Your hole cards A A       TerrificMe Call   100.00 250.00 4045.00 flash35 Raise   200.00 450.00 5695.00 Clark147 Fold         zubby1 Fold         igimc All-in   1495.00 1945.00 0.00 KinKade Fold         TerrificMe Fold         flash35 Call   1345.00 3290.00 4350.00 igimc Show A A       flash35 Show K K       Flop     6 7 6       Turn     7       River     K       flash35 Win Full House, Kings and 7s 3290.00   7640.00
    Posted by igimc
    yay!.............
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : yay!.............
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    yeah,thought the likes of you would enjoy that,you're
    beloved skypoker at its best.
  • edited June 2012
    TOTAL RUBBISH
    IT'S FIXED
  • edited June 2012

these 2 hands i played i knew the str8 was coming as soon as i saw the turn..  these hands were 2 out of 3 played in sequence.  so i played 1 then folded then played the next.. i am amazed at the bull sh... 

osmania Small blind  100.00 100.00 2710.00
    THEELM Big blind  200.00 300.00 2970.00
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

giveusabre All-in  1145.00 1445.00 0.00
    bigal36903 All-in  2685.00 4130.00 0.00
    JohnConnor Fold     
    osmania Fold     
    THEELM Fold     
    bigal36903 Unmatched bet  1540.00 2590.00 1540.00
    giveusabre Show

bigal36903 Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

giveusabre Win Straight to the 9 2590.00

then another miracle..
    giveusabre Small blind  100.00 100.00 2290.00
    bigal36903 Big blind  200.00 300.00 1340.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

JohnConnor Fold     
    osmania Raise  400.00 700.00 2610.00
    THEELM Fold     
    giveusabre Fold     
    bigal36903 All-in  1340.00 2040.00 0.00
    osmania Call  1140.00 3180.00 1470.00
    bigal36903 Show
    • A
    • K

osmania Show
    • A
    • Q

Flop

• K

Turn

River

• J

osmania Win Straight to the Ace 3180.00

i can stand the occasional beat.. but these are soo common.. i even saw set vs set and fh vs fh 

my hh is from one game, i played 3 games and saw over 20 beats ...  a bit of a joke when you consider there was only 1100 playing at the time..   not 50,000
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : yeah,thought the likes of you would enjoy that,you're beloved skypoker at its best.
    Posted by igimc
    a 20% dog hitting dont mean its fixed!
  • edited June 2012
    Bigal you have been moaning about SKY for so long now there can only be one question to ask you.
    Why are you still playing here if you really believe all this stuff you write? 

P.S At least you are moaning in the right place on this thread rather than the tables.
  • edited June 2012
    Response to Re: too many rivers:
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : a 20% dog hitting dont mean its fixed!
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Not sure he is implying a 20 percent dog hitting  makes it fixed..he is implying a 20 percent dog hitting time after time after time gives the impression it is fixed.

I have a more obvious one that sky might make time to adjust in their software and that is why am i dealt a 3 in my hole cards sometimes as much as 75 percent of the time after i have just banked a small amount of cash??Why after i have just banked say twenty quid do i fail to hit any thing,and get dealt 10 3,7 3,9 3, k 3, 4,3 etc and i am garunteed to be donating my cash to other players untill the status quo is restored.Do i after banking 20 quid suddenly play different,do i losen  up or become a nit,do i suddenly think 10 3 is a monster just because it is suited???Ans no i do not but here is the crux of the matter I do NOT win after banking money..My small win streak NEVER continues and yes i will openly admit i find that just a little bit fishy.

I have played sky poker for six years and i have noticed a few things,firstly action hands are far more common now than they were back then,Two outers are now met with SIGHS rather than table talk of OMG how lucky was that, and going in 95 percent ahead in three hands still does not garuntee you will win any of the hands.

If i have learnt anything in six years playing with sky it is this..No matter how far your are ahead if you have quads or even better never ever, ever, EVER, let someone see the sky river cheaply.The only one card that they can possibly win with is only 36/1 and its coming to a town near you a lot sooner than you think.

My view is sky is rigged but it's rigged against all of us, so in a way it's not rigged against any of us.

Never take it too seriously and do not play with money that you cannot afford to lose leave that to the PRO's.

GL at the tables and may your sets be met with straights, and your straights be met with flushes...mine of course. :) 
  • edited June 2012
    Snorky you're talking absolute nonsense. If you think it's rigged play elsewhere.
  • edited June 2012
    Response to Re: too many rivers : Not sure he is implying a 20 percent dog hitting  makes it fixed..he is implying a 20 percent dog hitting time after time after time gives the impression it is fixed. I have a more obvious one that sky might make time to adjust in their software and that is why am i dealt a 3 in my hole cards sometimes as much as 75 percent of the time after i have just banked a small amount of cash??
     Posted by Snorky

LOL . This is one of the best ones ive heard. Did you deposit £3 ?
  • edited June 2012
    i played 3 games and saw over 20 beats ...  a bit of a joke when you consider there was only 1100 playing at the time..   not 50,000
    Posted by bigal36903
    What's the number of players playing on the site got to do with what happens on your (or any other) specific table?

• edited June 2012
    lol @ snorky......."i withdrew and get doomswitched" old chestnut
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : What's the number of players playing on the site got to do with what happens on your (or any other) specific table?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well it means Sky's  RNG cant cope with the rush hour traffic and players get sat out ...Tables freeze ... buttons don't work.  You get dealt top cards and can't play them.  You end up losing your Money.  "You never experience this."?  Lucky you.!  ;-(      Your not happy and complain,  nobody responds.?  Tell them its not my Computer as it works fine on every other site.  Silence.? 

That's what its got to do with the numbers playing on Sky.!!   They need a new Washing Machine.?
  • edited June 2012
    lol @ snorky......."i withdrew and get doomswitched" old chestnut
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Can only say what i see daveyzz. Do people honestly beleive i sit at home that bored thinking what could i possibly make up that people might find contraversial.I'm just a bit old for that. If i lose after i have cashed out i lose after i have cashed out i cannot gain by lying i still play here and that is what i have noticed.
    As for getting dealt 3's all the time in my hole cards its just what i have noticed.This happens to ME no-one said it happens to anyone else and as for talking nonsense(not you Daveyzz) don't be so arrogant to assume you know anymore than anyone else. Just because you did not see someone win 7 times on the trot when going in behind does not mean that someone else did not some tables are unbeleivable at times.

I love the people who beleive just because they say its fine that somehow makes it fine.Saying something doesn't make it true, in the sameway telling me i am talking nonsense about getting 3's in my hole cards.Are you here are you looking at my screen are you somehow telepathic or have hacked sky's RNG, no so how do you know i am talking nonsense, you have so much less information than i have as the cards are actually on my screen.
    I would love to say i keep getting an ace in my hole cards but i don't it's 3's and i conciously look for them now and at times i find it unbeleivable.

But thats just me...As i said i play cos i do not lose a great deal and it's entertaining and  its value for money.
    Still fail to understand why anyone who questions online poker is declared to be talking nonsense by people who's opinions seem somewhat more important than anyone elses.

I see what i see, i don't lie, i have no need to...who benefits not me, not you.It's a forum where people voice opinions.Mine is worth only as much as the next persons then again i realise this because i would rather embrace falability and accept i get things wrong as do others. 

Heres one to ponder if most agree playing online roulette is a mugs game and well dodgy(seems to be agreed  by lots of people) why does the algorytm used to determin random cards on poker have to be absolutely pure and beyond reproach.

If it was? why is it cloaked in so much mystery, so hard to get any information on, and quite frankly let down by other sites that have been proved to be somewhat suspect.

The only dumb thing is not to ask any questions at all and always assume you know more than everyone else.Now that would be dumb.

I play here, if i am unhappy i will stop playing, and no doubt come back when my unhappiness wears of.

Tis the way it is.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: too many rivers : Can only say what i see daveyzz. Do people honestly beleive i sit at home that bored thinking what could i possibly make up that people might find contraversial.I'm just a bit old for that. If i lose after i have cashed out i lose after i have cashed out i cannot gain by lying i still play here and that is what i have noticed. As for getting dealt 3's all the time in my hole cards its just what i have noticed.This happens to ME no-one said it happens to anyone else and as for talking nonsense(not you Daveyzz) don't be so arrogant to assume you know anymore than anyone else. Just because you did not see someone win 7 times on the trot when going in behind does not mean that someone else did not some tables are unbeleivable at times. I love the people who beleive just because they say its fine that somehow makes it fine.Saying something doesn't make it true, in the sameway telling me i am talking nonsense about getting 3's in my hole cards.Are you here are you looking at my screen are you somehow telepathic or have hacked sky's RNG, no so how do you know i am talking nonsense, you have so much less information than i have as the cards are actually on my screen. I would love to say i keep getting an ace in my hole cards but i don't it's 3's and i conciously look for them now and at times i find it unbeleivable. But thats just me...As i said i play cos i do not lose a great deal and it's entertaining and  its value for money. Still fail to understand why anyone who questions online poker is declared to be talking nonsense by people who's opinions seem somewhat more important than anyone elses. I see what i see, i don't lie, i have no need to...who benefits not me, not you.It's a forum where people voice opinions.Mine is worth only as much as the next persons then again i realise this because i would rather embrace falability and accept i get things wrong as do others.  Heres one to ponder if most agree playing online roulette is a mugs game and well dodgy(seems to be agreed  by lots of people) why does the algorytm used to determin random cards on poker have to be absolutely pure and beyond reproach. If it was? why is it cloaked in so much mystery, so hard to get any information on, and quite frankly let down by other sites that have been proved to be somewhat suspect. The only dumb thing is not to ask any questions at all and always assume you know more than everyone else.Now that would be dumb. I play here, if i am unhappy i will stop playing, and no doubt come back when my unhappiness wears of. Tis the way it is.              
    Posted by snorky
    EXACTLY THIS.
    That reminds me of a few ppl on here.
  • edited June 2012
    There is nothing wrong with asking questions but also there is nothing wrong with saying when those questions are stupid.
    The reason we find it nonsense when you say you are dealt 3s all the time is because it is nonsensical. I am sure when you get something into your brain like that, then you are looking out for the 3 and take note of it but you do not take a mental note of all the other hands you are getting.
    If you really do believe you get dealt 3 more than usuall then there is an easy way to check. Look in hand history and take note of how many hands over a certain period ( as long as possible) you were dealt a three compared to how many hands dealt.
    Please if you can then provide us with the results and prove to us it is true  i will give you my apologies.