You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 - odd Kings

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
what do we do on river, oppo seems pretty straight forward

1. value shove - £14 behind, £15 pot
2. c/c
3. other

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PIPERTUNE Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £11.70
SPENO10 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £51.71
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

rancid Raise   £0.80 £1.10 £20.40
Cuthy_bhoy Call   £0.80 £1.90 £16.48
qazokm Raise   £3.20 £5.10 £48.48
PIPERTUNE Fold        
SPENO10 Fold        
rancid Call   £2.40 £7.50 £18.00
Cuthy_bhoy Fold        
Flop

• Q
  • Q

rancid Check        
qazokm Bet   £4.00 £11.50 £44.48
rancid Call   £4.00 £15.50 £14.00
Turn

rancid Check        
qazokm Check        
River

rancid mmmmm

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I would shove pre but as played his check on turn to me says ak. Still probably c/c river though
  • ybyb
    edited June 2012
    i'd bet ~ £7 considering the range you want him calling with

i'd also just have b/called the flop with the spr as it was
  • ybyb
    edited June 2012
    sorry i wrote my last post thinking you had 3bet pre, c/cing the flop is good then. i'd have got it in pre w/o more specific reads though
  • edited June 2012
    as readless as you are I'd 4b pre

Villain's line looks fishy, he has qq! Idk, quite a tough spot imo, would he check back with a q trying to trap you? AA? I probz bet like £5 with the intention of folding to a shove and then call the shove
  • edited June 2012
    got to bet to try to get value from AK, JJ and others. checking is a crime gives villian an easy value check behind with this range, shoving gives him more reasons to fold. 
    Sizing is the way to go I think, theres plenty of value left on the river you have under repped your hand a bit and villian is straight forward so check behind on turn with trips is somewhat discounted, he is more likey to have AA, AK, JJ. ( Id remove some AAs because of big 3 bet pre) giving that, target his losing range with a 3/5 - 1/2 pot size bet something like that.
  • edited June 2012
    it isn't a big 3b pre, it's pretty standard
  • ybyb
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: NL20 - odd Kings:
    it isn't a big 3b pre, it's pretty standard
    Posted by percival09
    i disagree, i think it is pretty big otb given that we're only 100bbs deep
  • edited June 2012
    fair point. What I meant was, I think villain probz uses the 3x +1 caller sort of thing.. so to him it's a standard size 3b.. it's not like he's made it so big so you can instantly narrow his range down to AK ... I think it's just standard to him.. I don't even know what I'm talking about. Do you get me at all? lol
  • edited June 2012
    not trying to discount AA far from it was just trying to reduce AA a little, looking at it again I can see that was a little optimistic, still AK, JJ  more likely than AA
  • edited June 2012
    Prob just 4b pre

call flop fine. Against some villains I would be tempted to c/r. 

River meh, think I jam, definitely an argument to bet small though. Don't like checking. 

• edited June 2012
    id 4 bet pre to £7 ish deffo 4 bet spot here if against aces nh next hand as played depends on range u think opponent has if u think he has 10s js id go for thin value bet if u think possibly he could have ak and done a standard c bet on flop obv check call river im leaning towards a £6 bet on river hoping villain has 10 10 jj
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for replies

Actually shoved river, kinda thought it turned my hand into a bluff or value shove - really don't know :S

Don't think I actually like b/f river either. would have to be £4ish ?

the problem I have with flatting the 3 bet pre is like what else does oppo think I do that with ?
    But I kinda took the line of, lets get lower prs give us some monies, but not sure I like this anyway :S