You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing near the bubble

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
When playing in a mtt and you are near the bubble how do you play.

Scenario

15 players to go before the bubble, everyone one on your table has got around the same amount of chips which is around 12,000 chips, You are all in cashing positions blind are 400/800.

How would you play, Quick or Slow?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Dependant on the hands. I would cut down trying to win small pots, or raising on the button.

Turn my playing style into tight agressive and only play premium hands.

Saying all this im usually the ones out in this scenario lol.
  • edited November 2009
    I would certainly slow down and hope the rest of the table would do the same.
    I would still play my cards if I had the hand but would not play any marginal hands at this point.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Playing near the bubble:
    I would certainly slow down and hope the rest of the table would do the same. I would still play my cards if I had the hand but would not play any marginal hands at this point.
    Posted by apollo_11

Definetely play slow but all the other players press the buttons as soon as it goes to them as if they are in a race....lol
  • edited November 2009
    if i notice everyone is playing slowly, ill do the same but become the aggressor, might as well make some chips
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Playing near the bubble:
    When playing in a mtt and you are near the bubble how do you play. Scenario 15 players to go before the bubble, everyone one on your table has got around the same amount of chips which is around 12,000 chips, You are all in cashing positions blind are 400/800. How would you play, Quick or Slow?
    Posted by COCASIRF
    hi mate,how you doin? i normally get up and ave a couple of cans of guiness....then go out and shout FIX in the forum.On second thoughts ignore me mate and play your own game.LOL see ya soon m8 GL
  • edited November 2009
    I would normally play aggressively if I have position and the table is tight - take advantage of their fear of the bubble and get some chips.

Will also depend on how many paid past the bubble, if it's a bubble for 9th or so then I would be more agressive than if it's 80 players paid. I still have time to get chips if there are 80 players left but with 9 players left I want to be in the final as chipped up as I can.  
  • edited November 2009
    By this time you should have worked out the weaker players and be attacking their blinds. Pre-bubble is the time to be aggressive. Immediately post bubble sit back because the hangers-on will be all in with anything.
  • edited November 2009
    Think it also depends on what ur playing in eg Got knocked out the super 6 and 865 yesterday within 8 of the bubble playing tight aggressive, both times when I raised I was ahead and lost.   If it was the open etc probably would have got through