You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 - nut flush so whats your problem?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

oppo is solid reg
does anyone b/f river or should we c/f
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rancid Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £48.63
chrisis85 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £14.21
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

blackbeltb Call   £0.20 £0.50 £44.13
probthe Fold        
rancid Raise   £0.90 £1.40 £47.73
chrisis85 Call   £0.80 £2.20 £13.41
blackbeltb Call   £0.80 £3.00 £43.33
Flop

rancid Bet   £1.50 £4.50 £46.23
chrisis85 Fold        
blackbeltb Call   £1.50 £6.00 £41.83
Turn

rancid Bet   £3.00 £9.00 £43.23
blackbeltb Call   £3.00 £12.00 £38.83
River

rancid Bet   £6.00 £18.00 £37.23
blackbeltb Raise   £18.00 £36.00 £20.83
rancid

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Bet the flop and turn bigger. Half pot is just leaving so much value behind.

B/f river, you can get value from trips, JT, and worse flushes, but I doubt any of those will raise you. I probably b/c because I'm a massive station, then complain about Sky being rigged when he flips over JT of hearts. :') 
  • edited June 2012
    I would say b/f £8-£10 on the river.
    You should never c/f or c/c the river. When he raises the river your beat, but it's still tough to lay down.

b/f the river and be happy about it, he's probs got 77 or 99. You've played the hand far better than him though.
  • edited June 2012
    your bet sizings are too small on each street imo, I like smaller bets, and maybe the flop's ok, but I'd def go higher than 1/2 pot on the turn

villain lims pre, calls a 3b after a cold caller in the big blind, it looks like a pp so he's probz got 77. Would villain raise a flush on the turn? Probz, but I don't know... you just have to know whether he'd raise a flush to know whether youc an call or not
  • edited June 2012
    this guy is the tightest i`ve played he has you crushed defo

but i think you played it fine imo
  • edited June 2012
    i have played blackbelt b loads and a very solid player hes never raising as a bluff your beat for sure and yeah bet folding is the right play as any small flush is calling and 9 and str8es
  • edited June 2012
    Well, let's make it simple: You're getting 3/1 on your money so is he bluffing/value-betting with trips, a flush or a straight a quarter of the time in this spot?

I dunno. Totally read dependent about whether he could do that... but you only have to be winning one time in four... I probably would just tell myself that and gormlessly click the call button. You might want to give it more thought than that, though.
  • edited June 2012
    this is where they need timebanks must be involved  15 seconds is not enuff for this decision :)
  • edited June 2012
    more on the flop and turn.
    I make it 3/4 to pot on river, then if raised you can easily let go of the hand.

Blank out player name too.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: NL20 - nut flush so whats your problem?:
    Well, let's make it simple: You're getting 3/1 on your money so is he bluffing/value-betting with trips, a flush or a straight a quarter of the time in this spot? I dunno. Totally read dependent about whether he could do that... but you only have to be winning one time in four... I probably would just tell myself that and gormlessly click the call button. You might want to give it more thought than that, though.
    Posted by BorinLoner

+1
    sigh easiest b/f in the world

thanks for replies everyone
  • edited June 2012
    Im no genuis but we're only beat by TJhh, T6hh, 56hh

I think folding is crazy. I might be wrong but whatttttt!!!!!!

Edit just re-read board. Ignore comment. Yeah awkward spot
  • edited June 2012

I would say vs blackbelt you are losing, I always am!

• edited June 2012
    never ever ever folding here myself.
  • edited June 2012
    you under repped the flush so he might think his a9 is good here . minimum set, max fh, 1 you win 1 u lose, are you feeling lucky punk :-)
  • edited June 2012
    Bet more on flop and turn. If you decide to bet river bet bigger

Rest depends on reads. Solid reg open limps  CO? Smells like a pp to me. If you are pretty sure it's a pp then c/f. I would b/c v a random, b/ f is fine if he is tight and limps a good few hands, but bet bigger for value. Your river sizing may induce a bluff if he's got some game but from other posts he sounds like a nitreg
  • edited June 2012
    Fold against this villian. Think he has 77 or 89 suited.

Just a quick question do you have to blank out the names if you are not showing the hole cards? Because most of the hands on the clinic are opponent based, some players i would snap call here but this one its a sigh fold.

Im guessing you called here and saw the full house?
  • edited June 2012
    Against this oppo your winning about 1% of the time and thats serious :) easy lay down with notes. Ul :) looks like 77 or j 10 hh to me
  • edited June 2012

you only have to be ahead 25% of the time on the river. Put your self in his shoes if he had a house, he'd surely be making a raise on turn at the least. Plus you would make a bigger raise on the river to try and get value from a flush. Can't see how you can fold as played.

• edited June 2012
    + 1 to wacko this guy has house here 
  • edited June 2012
    prob the only opponent u can fold against , im calling vs just about evryone else at this level
  • edited June 2012
    come on guys, seriously how is capable reg going to raise river for value with 9x or Q high flush

If oppo raises river versus me then they must think I am a proper station to call with 2 pr :S

how is river raise anything else apart from house ?

• edited June 2012
    what kind of capable reg weak raises the river with house here?
  • edited June 2012
    come on guys, seriously how is capable reg going to raise river for value with 9x or Q high flush If oppo raises river versus me then they must think I am a proper station to call with 2 pr :S how is river raise anything else apart from house ?
    Posted by rancid
    If he's capable he can bluff river.  From reads other people have sounds like an easy fold. Also you can easily have over pairs here, it's 10nl and some players call with AA etc here (not suggesting you do)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: NL20 - nut flush so whats your problem? : If he's capable he can bluff river.  From reads other people have sounds like an easy fold. Also you can easily have over pairs here, it's 10nl and some players call with AA etc here (not suggesting you do)
    Posted by grantorino
    what hand would oppo turn into a bluff on river, is oppo seriously floating me on that board through two streets to bluff river - surely turn is where oppo would bluff :s
    even if I have AA I only call if I think oppo is bluffing :s
    So even with nut flush, I am in the same spot here.
    fact that the raise comes on river and not turn makes this an easy b/f imo even if oppo is a seriously aggro bluffy player !
    Can't see many regs at nl20 raising Q high flushes for value either on that board.

btw GT it's nl20, moving on up buddy !
  • edited June 2012
    imo youre getting nowhere near the right price to call. I'ld bet £400 at 1-4 that he has a house here.

I've levelled myself into calling in these spots before, along the lines that my hand is under-repped. I've never ever been shown worse/bluffs by a reg at NL20