You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPTK facing turn pot size bet.

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
neely0y0 Big blind  £0.10 £0.10 £10.46
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

fkn_donks Fold     
bolly580 Fold     
Swog Raise  £0.30 £0.40 £9.25
xx Raise  £0.90 £1.30 £9.05
neely0y0 Fold     
Swog Call  £0.60 £1.90 £8.65
Flop

• Q

Swog Check     
xxBet  £1.00 £2.90 £8.05
Swog Call  £1.00 £3.90 £7.65
Turn

Swog Check     
xxBet  £3.90 £7.80 £4.15

Comments

• edited June 2012
    TPTK - just go with it if your not folding pre
  • edited June 2012
    2 of diamonds is a brick imo.

I prob just flat call off on any river.
  • edited June 2012
    Hey

Not sure why you check the turn overly, as he is likely to bet with air to be honest if you give up the lead, and 2 should be a total brick given preflop action. I guess would depend what reads you had on villian, as to if he will check behind with marginal hands, and what his 3bet pre range is. Some at this level are pretty nitty with what they will 3bet pre with, and so is possible he has KK or AA, but that would need some reads on them to really polarise them that much. As he may well see a 3bet to a CO with KQ or even JQ as no bad thing if he is a bit looser with his 3bet range.

Difficult to bet turn and then fold with the size the pot will be, but think if you bet and he reraises or shoves you are likely beat and might be better to fold. So me i maybe b/f rather than c/c and have to face the same on the river when he goes all in, and short of another Q or Ace we kind of set ourselves up to have to call if we think we are good on turn still.
  • edited June 2012
    you have any reads pre? I'm not sure if it's profitable playing readless oop with AQ. It's probz close but personally I'd fold

You can't fold to this turn bet if you're gonna call a 3b pre. Burning money springs to mind
  • edited June 2012
    Was close to a fold pre, maybe that where i should have threw them into the muck.
  • edited June 2012
    agreed, I think it's too difficult to fold on this board if you call a 3b pre oop with AQ. If you're gonna fold at any point do it preflop
  • edited June 2012
    im calling the turn and bluff catch river basically im calling down here what more can u ask for with tptk its a dream flop for u if your uncomftable about this why play the hand in 1st place ?
  • edited June 2012
    think you should have a plan after you call the 3-bet

for example if you call 3-bet you should be thinking what boards you are willing to go the whole way with this hand so because you called pre and its came this board i`m stacking off imo.

but on the other hand if you think opponent 3-bets only qq,kk,aa,ak pre I just fold pre like percival said
  • edited June 2012
    Fold pre

If you do call don't fold top pair