You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker protocol

_G__G_
edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hi everyone
i have started playing low dyms, i tend to sit out for a couple of levels, let the table settle down etc, i haven't had anyone say anything in chat, but i am bit worried if i doing something wrong.

Glen

Comments

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Poker protocol:
    Hi everyone i have started playing low dyms, i tend to sit out for a couple of levels, let the table settle down etc, i haven't had anyone say anything in chat, but i am bit worried if i doing something wrong. Glen
    Posted by _G_
    I am a newbie and only play low level DYM's. Personnally it doesnt bother me but i wouldnt have a clue on the ettiquette about it mate. In my opinion it is just one less hand i have to worry about beating me in the early stages lol
  • edited June 2012
    If your set as "away" thats your choice let people fight over your blinds its amazing how often prople will riase 2bet 4bet for 40 chips worth of blinds sometimes if anything the disadvantage is on you so i see no problem with this
  • edited June 2012
    I wouldn't say it's a good idea sitting out, you could just fold all hands and just play super premiums if you want to be super nitty

but no there's nothing wrong with it, you can do as you like
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah if you are sat out that is BAD. There is nothing wrong with it from a protocol point of view, but you may miss out on big hands if you are sat out. For sure there is no reason getting involved in a DYM in first two or more levels without a big hand, but i would just fold rather than sit out as percival said. If sat out you don't see your AA or KK and miss out on a double up against the weak players that often are the first ones to go out. :)
  • edited June 2012
    Are you around the shops? If you're in then play but part of playing is folding...you can fold them all but you're missing out if you don't assess your hands......mind, its your choice.......GL at the tables
  • _G__G_
    edited June 2012
    Yeh you right i should sit there and fold, keep an eye on whats going on, yeh again you are probably right
    Glen
  • edited June 2012
    There's nothing wrong with sitting out if you want.

The only thing I will say is that if you actually sit out, and you're in the BB, if it's folded to the SB, then it's an invitation to the SB to minraise to take your BB. However, if you just fold everything without actually "sitting out", then the SB isn't just going to minraise ATC to take your BB like he would if you're sat out.

It's only 50 chips here and there, but in a game of such small edges, every chip counts.

Also, there is the possibility of open folding a monster by being sat out, which you should be aware of.