You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

live donk?? or did i play it wrong??

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
i was playing in a live tourny yesterday!! 9k prize pool, 78 runners.. there were about 20 left when i was dealt ak off on the button.. blinds 300/600 ave stack 35k.. folded around to me and i raise to 3k.. big blind calls

flop = ak3 rainbow -he checks, i bet 5k.. he calls

turn blank (cnt even remember what it was)he checks again i bet 8k he calls

river 8.. he checks i push all in and he calls.. shows pocket 8s...

am i wrong in thinking he should av folded b4 the river or should i have bet more?? we were both vaerage stacked at the time??

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Can't see how he calls on that flop, he had 2 outs and got lucky.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to live donk?? or did i play it wrong??:
    i was playing in a live tourny yesterday!! 9k prize pool, 78 runners.. there were about 20 left when i was dealt ak off on the button.. blinds 300/600 ave stack 35k.. folded around to me and i raise to 3k.. big blind calls flop = ak3 rainbow -he checks, i bet 5k.. he calls turn blank (cnt even remember what it was)he checks again i bet 8k he calls river 8.. he checks i push all in and he calls.. shows pocket 8s... am i wrong in thinking he should av folded b4 the river or should i have bet more?? we were both vaerage stacked at the time??
    Posted by daz231023
    Hi Daz,

Your strong bet out on the flop is a good one and your opponant obviously thought this was a standard C bet. The turn bet looks weak so again he didnt believe...

Just unlucky mate, dont think you did anything wrong imo.. You reeled in your customer and they hit their miracle 2 outer.. it happens.

Greg
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: live donk?? or did i play it wrong??:
    In Response to live donk?? or did i play it wrong?? : Hi Daz, Your strong bet out on the flop is a good one and your opponant obviously thought this was a standard C bet. The turn bet looks weak so again he didnt believe... Just unlucky mate, dont think you did anything wrong imo.. You reeled in your customer and they hit their miracle 2 outer.. it happens. Greg
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    yeah think ur right gregg.. i got greedy on turn and bet only 8k convinced i was ahead and didnt want too scare him off.. just the way it gos unfortuantly..

even though i was gutted and fuming at him i stood up said well played and left.. unlike some idiots u get who give abuse when they get bad beats.. even online u get some idiots giving you abuse in chat box..

best to let them play like that i reckon.. we will win over a period off time.. he was less than 4% on b4 river and must av know he was behind
  • edited November 2009
    think its just one of those things, two pair AK is obviously very strong with no flush or straight on the board
  • edited November 2009
    As Greg said I think you played it fine apart from the turn.  IMO about 12.5k here.
  • edited November 2009
    i would of shoved on the turn,the mug will still most probably call but 4 times out of 5 you will win.....
  • edited November 2009
    nowt wrong the guy was a fish,

bet it the furthest he got in a long time in a mtt.