You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Don't think I could fold to this shove really, could I?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Nh wp.

FWIW, we've got 5 outs on the flop, we pick up another 3 outs on the turn if the turn is a brick, plus the backdoor flush... I'd imagine we're just about getting the right price to call now, even if his hand was face up.

Comments

• edited June 2012

My mate bet me £1000 I couldn't do the $0-$10000 faster than chris ferguson did it. Even though the man is a tool (used to like him), I thought I'd have a bash at beating it so started about 3 months ago (opps it is nearly 5 months, just checked. lol) and hence why my hands are at 10nl currently. hehe

Anyway, on to the hand. Villian was my main target at the table as he was uber loose running about 78/10/0 over about 36 hands so far. He was as you can see pretty passive preflop, but could get quite aggresive post flop, or at least on flops hit or miss, and would calling station alot or get his stack in light. Something that showed when I stacked him 3 hands later with 87os on the button getting a straight were he had A10 and had half his stack in the middle with no pair by river and the rest when i shoved and he had pair of tens that he paired on river. So really didn't see how I could respect him enough to credit a hand and fold here could I really? For me it was fist pump instant call, but wondering if I should have thought about it.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -
    The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $10.22
    MP: $6.35
    CO: $12.59
    BTN: $17.59
    SB: $14.11
    Hero (BB): $10.76

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Ad Ah
    2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.40, CO calls $1.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.25) Jd 7h 9d (2 players)
    Hero bets $2.30, CO raises to $11.19 all in, Hero calls $7.06 all in

Turn: ($21.97) Kc (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($21.97) 2h (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $21.97
    CO shows 9s Js (two pair, Jacks and Nines)
    Hero shows Ad Ah (a pair of Aces)
    CO wins $20.98
    (Rake: $0.99)

• edited June 2012
    Lol no, bbv

Doubt we have correct odds v 2 pr, but it's a fist pump call v this guy
  • edited June 2012
    nearly 3/1 with OP vs spewbox.

Agree first statement fist pump call def.

Good to double up this kind of player + have their spew rewarded on occassion.

NH UL

Doing the math vs 2pr range/sets feels abit pointless here given reads.  If hes nitsville may scratch surface but we know villain gets it in with tonnes of worse,  So just no real point doing the math in hindsight either.
  • edited June 2012
    How goes the challenge anyway?  Putting in some MTT volume (must be?) or just cash?
  • edited June 2012
    agree withall above

what did chris ferguson do and how quick did he do it? How does anybody know he did it properly?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Don't think I could fold to this shove really, could I?:
    agree withall above what did chris ferguson do and how quick did he do it? How does anybody know he did it properly?
    Posted by percival09
    He wanted to see how quick he could do zero to $10,000 using freerolls to start off with and follow strict BRM during it. Took him about 15 months in total to make it to $10,000. Think he carried on afterwards and made it up to $30k before he hit a big downswing back to 10k. It was tracked by fulltilt and his own stats, but many people playing on there saw him grinding up the lower limits during the 06-07 period. Obviously don't approve of his part in the debarcle that was the falldown of fulltilt but the challenge is a fun one none the less.

As for the hand... Yeah, didn't see any real reason I'd fold given the play of the spew monster, but hey thats how they catch you out when they do hit something. Only posted it as always go over my sessions and only 2 hands I was really looking at from it was this one and another where I was feeling fairly immortal towards the end of a good session (had just clicked to sit out at all my tables next BB) when I made a retarded 5bet shove pre with 99 into kk. So didn't need to debate that one here, that was just a brain fade moment.
  • edited June 2012
    meh, wouldn't be surprised if fulltilt and chris were both lying about his progress, we all know fulltilt are used to that. 

It's still a fun challenge though, I might give it a go. But if I do it, I'll skip the freeroll part and the extremely micro limits and begin at nl10. Tempting! Are you doing it kam? I might pm you soon
  • edited June 2012
    Think the challege now would take him a lot longer, when he done it online was easier appraently.

• edited June 2012
    Think the challege now would take him a lot longer, when he done it online was easier appraently.
    Posted by rancid
    Not overly. I started online I think end of 07 and it wasn't really any softer. Think if you went a few years before that it was though. The big boom in online poker came after chris moneymaker won the 2003 WSOP after qualifying for it online. So certainly around that time it would have been a lot easier and for a while after the boom started, but while low stakes are always pretty fishy I don't think the others have been much softer back then than now. Maybe though during 06 would still have been reasonably soft, but don't know as wasn't playing it. Certainly even low stakes on some of the big sites are pretty solid on some tables and you have to be table selective at times, which is good habit anyway.

How easy it is to do the challenge will largely depend on if you get a decent run or two deep into some MTT's as those can be the cash cows, and think that helped chris do it, as think it took him about 7 months to get over $100 consistantly, and he went bust a few times in the early stages.
  • edited June 2012
    meh, wouldn't be surprised if fulltilt and chris were both lying about his progress, we all know fulltilt are used to that.  It's still a fun challenge though, I might give it a go. But if I do it, I'll skip the freeroll part and the extremely micro limits and begin at nl10. Tempting! Are you doing it kam? I might pm you soon
    Posted by percival09
    Yeah, prop bet with a friend, so giving it a bash. See how it goes. Reasonable start, just have to see if I can devote the time to do it within the time scale, or if can do it at all. Will need a bit of luck in some MTT's. I'll mix in a few of those even if they aren't my best game due to my general lack of luck with flips as a rule. Certainly I'll play the silver and gold level MTTs (on stars), as they got nice hefty prize pools, though normally big fields of 10,000-30,000 players, but never know when luck might hit a good streak in one. But I'll mostly do cash and a few cash buyin MTT's as well I expect.