You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good or Bad fold?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
badirkata Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.16
thefa1lacy Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.20
 Your hole cards
  • A

waldo64 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £3.64
jackandjoe Fold     
VEGAS7BABY Call  £0.08 £0.28 £8.32
ClintonH83 Call  £0.08 £0.36 £6.00
badirkata Fold     
thefa1lacy Check     
Flop

• A
  • J

thefa1lacy Check     
waldo64 Check     
VEGAS7BABY Check     
ClintonH83 Bet  £0.18 £0.54 £5.82
thefa1lacy Call  £0.18 £0.72 £3.02
waldo64 Fold     
VEGAS7BABY All-in  £8.32 £9.04 £0.00
ClintonH83 Fold     
thefa1lacy Fold     
VEGAS7BABY Muck     
VEGAS7BABY Win  £0.83  £0.83
VEGAS7BABY Return  £8.14
I flat call pre with A9c cause i dont really like the hand but its a suited Ace so im happy to flat call to try and flop two pair or pick up a flush draw

So i flop to pair and bet and someone shoves!?? Cant call here can i?????

Comments

• edited June 2012
    He's played it like a flush draw or Q 10. I call all day long :)
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah he was one of them guys who played a bit all over the place so he could of flat called pre with anything?? So i bottled it lol
  • edited June 2012
    I think this is a pretty easy call
  • edited June 2012
    easy call what else can he be doing this with apart from a j very unlikely no raise preflop so cant be a set looks like a flush draw 
  • edited June 2012
    Ive limited experience at cash but has to be a call.
  • edited June 2012

Readless this is always a call, and would need to have good history for me to fold here. I mean look at the board and what is ahead of you right now. AJ, AA, JJ, and 99. So there is no raise from him preflop so unless I have history of him limping hands like JJ+ and AJ its difficult to credit him as those hands, and 99 is also harder because we hold a 9.

So on that basis even though he C/R all in is strong move its also a bit weird if he does have a bit made hand, and we have to call here 90% of the time, and only folding if we know he likes doing this type of move with big made hands and limps big hands etc.

• edited June 2012
    Raise pre

Bet flop bigger 

Call shove
  • edited June 2012

Yeah like i say id seen him flat call 8p pre with K's & Q's so he could of had a set or AJ? I did think at the time a set of J? I should of probably called really...

• edited June 2012
    Raise pre: you have the button and a good hand. It's easy to play pot control when you have possition so you can limit your losses if you flop an ace and are out kicked. Also you take the initiative in the hand and if the blinds have a monster they are going to tell you by 3-betting. Never limp!

Bet more on flop: 3 players have check and it's a very wet board. By wet I mean there are tons of draws but not many hands that beat your current holding. You have to bet to protect your hand from these draws. By betting half pot you give really good odds, if one player calls expect the others to call too. Bet about 30p here.

have a plan when you bet: What was your plan when you bet the flop if you got raised? I'd say that if you are betting here it should be with the idea of 3-betting the flop if you get check-raised

Call the redonkulous shove and look away: The only hands that currently have you beat are AA/AJ/JJ/99 all of which shold have raised pre-flop (99 might limp but you have the other nine so this is less likely). But as I mentioned there are loads of hands that are drawing to good hands. QhTh would make lots of sense, as would Ahxh.

Don't be afraid to have a gamble in spots like this. Even if he has 99/JJ you still have outs ;-)
  • edited June 2012
    thing is y call preflop if your folding on this flop this is the dream flop for u what else can u hope for ?
  • edited June 2012
    i would say it would help to work on your preflop game, get rid of the limp leak!
  • edited June 2012
    Nothing wrong with the overlimp imo at nl8 raising with a marginal hand like a9s is going to cause problems when you get 4 callers but on the button with 2 limpers in front seems fine to me.

If you are properly rolled for nl8 this is a snap call and then make notes on whatever the outcome is
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Good or Bad fold?:
    Nothing wrong with the overlimp imo at nl8 raising with a marginal hand like a9s is going to cause problems when you get 4 callers but on the button with 2 limpers in front seems fine to me. If you are properly rolled for nl8 this is a snap call and then make notes on whatever the outcome is
    Posted by jams88
    This post is valid, if you are experienced and understand why we raise, if you are new to poker how ever, get rid of the limp part.

with 2 limpers add a blind for each limper, your more likely to get it heads up, and love that flop, easier to play in posistion with the lead IMO

limped pots  lead to going broke in an unraised pot!( not knowing where you are) or possibly folding the best hand like you may of, personaly i dont mind your fold.  
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Good or Bad fold?:
    thing is y call preflop if your folding on this flop this is the dream flop for u what else can u hope for ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    rainbow flop and one card lower than a 9 ;)