You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A fish named kalooki

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
There seems to be quite alot of snobbery and name calling I seem to find in my short time playing poker. Getting to grips with some of the name calling - i.e fish - a bad player I think. Makes me chuckle when we're on a £2 sit and go table to win a £7 profit and someone gets called a fish, hmmm - does David Becham play sunday football then barrage players with your nor very good abuse no! - Of course we're not very good we're on a £2 table.

Surely we're all somebody's fish unless your Tiger Woods say and he's rubbish at cards I believe. I'm sure there are some top poker players who most of you are fish to. Anyone on their day can hit a card so why give the abuse. I presume the better the player the more lucky you'll get so get over your occasional bad ones and let us fish have our day - we paid our money we take our chance.

ps - I hate players who laugh when they win or thank you for your chips

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I love thanking a good fish when they donk their chips to me, it only seems right.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to A fish named kalooki:
    There seems to be quite alot of snobbery and name calling I seem to find in my short time playing poker. Getting to grips with some of the name calling - i.e fish - a bad player I think. Makes me chuckle when we're on a £2 sit and go table to win a £7 profit and someone gets called a fish, hmmm - does David Becham play sunday football then barrage players with your nor very good abuse no! - Of course we're not very good we're on a £2 table. Surely we're all somebody's fish unless your Tiger Woods say and he's rubbish at cards I believe. I'm sure there are some top poker players who most of you are fish to. Anyone on their day can hit a card so why give the abuse. I presume the better the player the more lucky you'll get so get over your occasional bad ones and let us fish have our day - we paid our money we take our chance. ps - I hate players who laugh when they win or thank you for your chips, I'm also not a f****** c*** when I win the odd hand either
    Posted by kalooki8
    You're mixing with the wrong crowd. Any player who knows his stuff wouldn't dream of calling a lesser skilled player names. It's pointless and un-profitable. If you frequent the forum regularly you will see the term 'don't tap the tank' used from time to time and that is precisely aimed at not insulting lesser players. Poker is a competitive game where egos can rise above their true level, where emotions sometimes run high and where intimidation is an all too frequent tactic. The players with confidence in their own ability won't make remarks like the one's you have outlined so ignore what's said in the chatbox. It's either a wannabe who thinks it's the right way to act or a misplaced tactic employed to make you tilt. Letting this kind of thing upset you is playing into their hands and precisely what they want.
  • edited November 2009
    Kalooki ...  Get In ..Ave it my son .. white up tha Gunga .. 

I love this post ..You  are soooooooo  right ..luv it !!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to A fish named kalooki:
    There seems to be quite alot of snobbery and name calling I seem to find in my short time playing poker. Getting to grips with some of the name calling - i.e fish - a bad player I think. Makes me chuckle when we're on a £2 sit and go table to win a £7 profit and someone gets called a fish, hmmm - does David Becham play sunday football then barrage players with your nor very good abuse no! - Of course we're not very good we're on a £2 table. Surely we're all somebody's fish unless your Tiger Woods say and he's rubbish at cards I believe. I'm sure there are some top poker players who most of you are fish to. Anyone on their day can hit a card so why give the abuse. I presume the better the player the more lucky you'll get so get over your occasional bad ones and let us fish have our day - we paid our money we take our chance. ps - I hate players who laugh when they win or thank you for your chips, I'm also not a f****** c*** when I win the odd hand either
    Posted by kalooki8

Language timothy!! Elsadog makes a right an proper and valid point!! well done Elsa ;)
  • edited November 2009
    way  to  go  kalooki8
  • edited November 2009
    Oh don't get me wrong - I don't get intimidated easily and like to challenge bad manners. I think sometimes mis - interpretations can lead to agro, told a player the other night "that was a good all - in" and he replied 'f u' - managed to clear that one up as someone had been given him grief all day and he thought I was being sarcastic.

Is putting someone on tilt - trying to aggrevate them to play bad? I can go for this but it's the ones who abuse when you've knocked  them out that I hate. I always say gg after win or lose like shaking hands after a football game.

Ok enough s**t from me for now losers (ooops bit early) going to rattle some fish cages and choo choo away.

ps - don't get me wrong - there seems to be alot of good people on here - enjoying it
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: A fish named kalooki:
    Kalooki ...  Get In ..Ave it my son .. white up tha Gunga ..  I love this post ..You  are soooooooo  right ..luv it !!
    Posted by bennydip2
    class...listen to benny