You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM What would you do in this spot?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #529352215 (17:16 09/06/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedaphne56Small blind 15.0015.002090.00VeronabBig blind 30.0045.001880.00 Your hole cardsJJ   nelson2012Fold    vander2Call 30.0075.002030.00JAM888Raise 90.00165.002085.00deelennondFold    daphne56Fold    VeronabAll-in 1880.002045.000.00      

No Solid reads- limper was loose passive, shover was more tagish.  Will post the rest in a few hours, my thought process- raise iso the limper, veronabs jam seemed weird like a scared ak weak pair maybe, but mostly felt a lot off his range was a bluff, also thought he may of read the iso play from me and thought a shove would get through, my instincs were to call  , but my strategy overall is fold, any thoughts welcomedMy question is - should i follow my strategy or instincs?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Firstly, in this spot, you should post it in the clinic ;) lol.

I can't see the stacks or anything but it looks early. Assuming you are all on starting stacks give or take 200 chips,  it's an instant fold I think. The majority of the time, you're gonna be miles behind or flipping.

Flipping early is bad in DYMs because even if you're on the good side, you only gonna win about 54% of the time, and even then that's not a guaranteed cash.

So 46% you're out and don't cash, and some of the 54% where you do win, you'll still go out later and not cash.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM What would you do in this spot?:
    Firstly, in this spot, you should post it in the clinic ;) lol. I can't see the stacks or anything but it looks early. Assuming you are all on starting stacks give or take 200 chips,  it's an instant fold I think. The majority of the time, you're gonna be miles behind or flipping. Flipping early is bad in DYMs because even if you're on the good side, you only gonna win about 54% of the time, and even then that's not a guaranteed cash. So 46% you're out and don't cash, and some of the 54% where you do win, you'll still go out later and not cash.
    Posted by Lambert180
    thx will do next time, this is level 2 blinds 30, stacks are close to starting stacks around 2000, 
  • edited June 2012
    Snap Fold.

Does a TAG player ever shove AJ-, TT- like this? Probably not. Racing in DYMs is setting fire to money, and being dominated by overpairs is setting fire to money in any game, lol.

Also, you said you think a lot of his range here is a bluff? If that's the case, then I'd be changing that note that says "TAG", lol.
  • edited June 2012
    snap fold in a dym you don't want to be getting all your chips in preflop with anyting less than aa or kk at this stage
  • edited June 2012
    Snap Fold. Does a TAG player ever shove AJ-, TT- like this? Probably not. Racing in DYMs is setting fire to money, and being dominated by overpairs is setting fire to money in any game, lol. Also, you said you think a lot of his range here is a bluff? If that's the case, then I'd be changing that note that says "TAG", lol.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    these were my only notes on him, i guess he is more passive than tag so apoligies

dy2 limp
    aq
    bets 2 streets  v small cks river
  • edited June 2012
    vander2Fold    
    JAM888Call 1820.003865.00265.00
    VeronabShow
    • K

JAM888Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

• K
    • A
    • Q

Turn

• A

River

VeronabWinTwo Pairs, Aces and Kings3865.00 3865.00
    https://st1.skybet.com/poker/img/site/bn_sprite.png'); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; background-position: 0px -1000px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat">
  • edited June 2012
    His range consists mostly of bluffs like K3
  • edited June 2012
    His range consists mostly of bluffs like K3
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    lol
  • edited June 2012
    So he had a bluff, my call was technically bad, but my instincts were right, so should you allways stick with
    your strategy verses instinct?

• edited June 2012
    Calling all-in with JJ this early is a losing play, regardless of result. Like I said, the times when you do double up, you're still not guaranteed to cash. It's a risk you do not need to take.
  • edited June 2012
    Calling all-in with JJ this early is a losing play, regardless of result. Like I said, the times when you do double up, you're still not guaranteed to cash. It's a risk you do not need to take.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thanks Lambert my mind is getting stuburn with the instincts overiding the logic and strategy that had been working for me, will save it for the cash tables!
  • edited June 2012
    fold this without even thinking, or caring

far too early to gamble in a dym