You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Coin Flips

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All

I;ve just surfered my 3rd badbeat in 3 Satelite in 2 days.

I lost KK verses A10 in League Star yesterday.

Also then lost JJ verses K4 in Primo Satelite when only 3 off qualifying.

Then today lose A10 verses 910 in !0K Bounty Hunter Satelite which crippled me and i went out on the bubble.

I was at lease a 70% favourite in all these hands.

Guess this bad luck with reverse  soon????

Comments

• edited June 2012
    YOu expecting some kind of "oh we are so sorry?" type answers? So you lost 3 coin flips in 2 days.... Call me when its 3 in 3 hands... Oh wait, nope don't bother then either. Its part of poker, either accept it or give up playing. :)
  • edited June 2012
    lol owned. I posted the same thing when I started playing - a thread about getting 2 outed on the river twice in one day lol. You just learn to accept it over time
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Coin Flips:
    YOu expecting some kind of "oh we are so sorry?" type answers? So you lost 3 coin flips in 2 days.... Call me when its 3 in 3 hands... Oh wait, nope don't bother then either. Its part of poker, either accept it or give up playing. :)
    Posted by KAM99
    ffs , its the players 1st post m8 , give em a break , i mean what a warm welcome to the sky poker forum eh ?? sigh
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Coin Flips:
    Hi All I;ve just surfered my 3rd badbeat in 3 Satelite in 2 days. I lost KK verses A10 in League Star yesterday. Also then lost JJ verses K4 in Primo Satelite when only 3 off qualifying. Then today lose A10 verses 910 in !0K Bounty Hunter Satelite which crippled me and i went out on the bubble. I was at lease a 70% favourite in all these hands. Guess this bad luck with reverse  soon????
    Posted by darryn1973
    Unlucky and yes, if you play well and consistantly things will go your way over time... as a famous tanned geordie once said...

"poker is a never ending game!"
  • edited June 2012
    Wuld be nice if those hands were actually coinflips sigh :(

UL tho bud...

and play nice Kam99 :)  My diplomacy hat is slipping off lately so would be nice if yours stayed firmly in place :p
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Coin Flips : Unlucky and yes, if you play well and consistantly things will go your way over time... as a famous tanned geordie once said... "poker is a never ending game!"
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thanks for al the comments.

I've come to the conclusion that i must have been ruuning good for 3 months ( won a few bounty hunters and 2 final tables in main events) and this is the down side.

hopefully things will even up and I will get back to winning ways with a bit of luck :)
  • edited June 2012
    You need abit of luck to win any mtt. You got your money in about 30% ahead in all those examples so you played it right just got unlucky. Have to deal with it whcih some days is easier than others
  • edited June 2012
    Just in the games i have played tonight mate i have lost all in pre with AA v 66, AQ v A10, AQ v AJ, KK v 99 and JJ v JJ yuk lol but in all cases and all of the mtts i was in i must have been all in at least 3 or 4 more times in each of them with the best hands which all held and even a few worse hands that binked it.

What i am saying mate is that it is easy to remember the exit hands but even easier to forget the ones we win.

Just all part of the game.
  • edited June 2012
    Hi darryn

Its just one of those things. get your money in ahead and leave it up to the poker gods,,,,,,,,Its supposed to iron itself out over a million hands so not so far to go then!!!
    Take it with a grin and then kick the cat!!!!!
    All the best and welcome to the site....
  • edited June 2012
    if you toss a coin 10 times how many times will it land on heads ?

variance
  • edited June 2012
    if you toss a coin 10 times how many times will it land on heads ?
    Posted by rancid
    Five, unless the coin is rigged ;)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Coin Flips : ffs , its the players 1st post m8 , give em a break , i mean what a warm welcome to the sky poker forum eh ?? sigh
    Posted by dav1964
    Didn't see was his first post... add "Welcome to the forum and poker" and take a slight harsh edge out of it, and rest of my post stands. Badbeats part of poker and these aren't even extreme ones. You'll lose 70-30 flips so many times you'll wonder why you got upset about them in the first place if you play the game long enough. If the 30% guy never won the flips then there would be an issue, and I will say for sure that sometimes you'll be the one on the end of that 30% equity that wins, and you'll be glad. :)

Just accept that poker still has its luck factor no matter how good you get your money in. Wait till you have a few sub 1% odd things hit you then you will have a definate right to have a sick expression on your face and a badbeat story to tell. Though don't be surprised if no-one will want to hear it even then cus they got lots of their own too. :D
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Coin Flips : Didn't see was his first post... add "Welcome to the forum and poker" and take a slight harsh edge out of it, and rest of my post stands. Badbeats part of poker and these aren't even extreme ones. You'll lose 70-30 flips so many times you'll wonder why you got upset about them in the first place if you play the game long enough. If the 30% guy never won the flips then there would be an issue, and I will say for sure that sometimes you'll be the one on the end of that 30% equity that wins, and you'll be glad. :) Just accept that poker still has its luck factor no matter how good you get your money in. Wait till you have a few sub 1% odd things hit you then you will have a definate right to have a sick expression on your face and a badbeat story to tell. Though don't be surprised if no-one will want to hear it even then cus they got lots of their own too. :D
    Posted by KAM99
    Good on ya Kam!! What you said is true but it sounded a bit like you'd had an afternnon of bad beats yourself and were a bit tilted, mate. Glad you've returned to normal..............now let me tell you about my luckiest hand ever......

dym   kk v kk ai pre flop....4 diamonds on board and i had the king....yippee! the good can make up for the bad
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Coin Flips : Good on ya Kam!! What you said is true but it sounded a bit like you'd had an afternnon of bad beats yourself and were a bit tilted, mate. Glad you've returned to normal..............now let me tell you about my luckiest hand ever...... dym   kk v kk ai pre flop....4 diamonds on board and i had the king....yippee! the good can make up for the bad
    Posted by profman15
    LoL good read. Did just have one such session where I was a little grated just before I posted that. Wasn't so much bad beats, just semi bad beats in a row from where I was up about 4 buyins and ended up about 2 down after running into hands like 77 with a flop of 7JJ and getting it all in against guy with JQ and turn was Q, or all in pre with AK vs AJ and hits his jack on turn. So not so much really badbeats, but about five of those in a space of about 100 hands was enough for me to call it quits on the session before I did get more annoyed about it.

Guess the grating did come over in my post, so was right ot walk off the tables when I did, or actually one hand later than I should have when I donked off near a buyin to someone that called two streets on a flush draw and binked it on river. hehe
  • edited June 2012
    i think sometimes we just like to hear that we as poker players like to hear that we aren't doing anything wrong and that everyone is having the saem trouble. Occasionally thats all i need to get my confidense back