You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DTD forum. Out of all three in seven hands after sitting pretty. Tilted or ok decisions?

Hi folks,

Three hands for you to judge that effectively put me out of the DTD forum. I can see a couple of poor AI's probably(maybe should have just called). If tilted poor decisions are the concensus then i'm asking team captain, HITMAN_RV, for a 'detox!
Thanks for your input......

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepretel31Small blind 400.00400.0037967.50HITMAN_RVBig blind 800.001200.0020422.50 Your hole cardsQQ   stacksyRaise 1600.002800.0020130.00tazchockyFold    profman15Raise 3200.006000.0021790.00pretel31Fold    HITMAN_RVFold    stacksyCall 1600.007600.0018530.00Flop  7810   stacksyCheck    profman15Bet 3800.0011400.0017990.00stacksyAll-in 18530.0029930.000.00profman15Call 14730.0044660.003260.00stacksyShow1010   profman15ShowQQ   Turn  7   River  9   stacksyWinFull House, 10s and 7s44660.00 44660.00
2. PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebernie1968Small blind 200.00200.0018460.00profman15Big blind 400.00600.006105.00 Your hole cards610   lurchaFold    Boyrarr1Fold    big60Call 400.001000.0012725.63thebramskiFold    bernie1968Call 200.001200.0018260.00profman15Check    Flop  5J5   bernie1968Check    profman15Check    big60Check    Turn<tr class="Turn " style="margin:0px;padding

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Hand 1 is spot on. wp.

Hand 2, you know you're still beaten by any Jx hand right? even though you have made 2 pair on the river? (had to ask). You've really overvalued your hand here, what were you thinking at the time? When you raise the river, what are you hoping to get called by that you can beat?

Hand 3, Just fold pre flop. You could shove all in. Spose calling isn't that bad.

Once you call though I like the way you've played it against this player, his line is obviously never a jack, or an overpair. He could have like 77/88/99/TT, but I dunno if you can b/f this hand considering his line. 
  • edited June 2012
    In hand 1, you should probably 3-bet a bit more pre-flop. Nothing too bad here, though.

As DOHHHHHHH says in hand 2 you can only really hope to get called by a bare ten when you raise. That's probably not a majority of his range for value betting the river and if he's bluffing he'll just fold anyway.

Hand 3 really should be folded pre-flop. Suited connectors would be fine to play in this spot if you were 40BB+ deep but when you've got 25BB you don't have big implied odds with the hand and you're not going to make a "nutty" hand often enough with this type of hand to really make this a great spot. How often are you going to like getting it in with one pair? I'd suggest that when you have this sort of stack size you should focus on finding spots to 3-bet and if you call in too many spots like this, you'll quickly lose that 3-bet fold equity. I don't hate the call, in position but I think you can find a better use for those chips later.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: DTD forum. Out of all three in seven hands after sitting pretty. Tilted or ok decisions?:
    Hand 1 is spot on. wp. Hand 2 , you know you're still beaten by any Jx hand right? even though you have made 2 pair on the river? (had to ask). You've really overvalued your hand here, what were you thinking at the time? When you raise the river, what are you hoping to get called by that you can beat? Hand 3 , Just fold pre flop. You could shove all in. Spose calling isn't that bad. Once you call though I like the way you've played it against this player, his line is obviously never a jack, or an overpair. He could have like 77/88/99/TT, but I dunno if you can b/f this hand considering his line. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers Dohhhh

Second hand, a bit tilted, i feel. Third hand, call was ok, i feel, not ai but why be in hand at all initially, i agree.  I think that to some extent, i'd felt i was playing well in the DTD forum and then after the QQ, i'd not assessed my individual position in a completely seperate Tourney and almost 'lumped' them togethher in some bizarre way.

Would you mind having a look at the "scotty77 said i ..." post as your name was mentioned as a person who may be able to help. You give good, informed advice on a regular basis. and i'd appreciate your input.

If i can complete the James Hartigan comp on the programme the other night...

"You know you're playing too much poker when....".............you wake up four hours after going to bed thinking of the hands you played last night!

I'm enjoying the learning process and the forum so much. I can put poor plays to bed after recognising them as such. Its all about conscious incompetence as Jared Tendhler put succinctly eh? ha
  • edited June 2012
    Hand 1 - I think it's fine, I'd probably 3bet slightly bigger, to 4k. Reason is that we're not going to be 3bet bluffing an UTG open very often, and it's also a £1.10 or £2.20 buyin, so we're probably not going to be doing anything too crazy either as most unknown opponents will be weaker players. Therefore, most/all of our 3bet range is value hands. Why not 3bet bigger and get more value?

Hand 2 - If you raise, you're not going to get called by worse. We've basically got a bluff catcher here, so just flat call if you believe you've got the best hand. With 3 players in the pot, he's less likely to be bluffing so I might just fold. Depends on your reads on the villains.

Hand 3 - Fold or 3bet shove pre. Calling and trying to play Poker with a hand like 76s when we're so short is probably not a good idea. As played, I don't mind the bet/call for the reasons DOHHHHHHH posted. I'd be interested to know what your plan was with this hand if you'd missed though, or if the flop comes down AK6 or something like that.
  • edited June 2012
    Hand 1: Raise more pre, otherwise nh ul

Hand 2: Call river, never raise that spot as he only calls or raises with better than you have here, and raises puts you in silly spot.

Hand 3: Fold preflop. Yes its blind on blind but 20bb deep is not really time to be getting speculative with suited connectors. As played call isn't horrible as his line is bit weird to have a hand, and so a draw is more likely.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: DTD forum. Out of all three in seven hands after sitting pretty. Tilted or ok decisions?:
    Hand 1 - I think it's fine, I'd probably 3bet slightly bigger, to 4k. Reason is that we're not going to be 3bet bluffing an UTG open very often, and it's also a £1.10 or £2.20 buyin, so we're probably not going to be doing anything too crazy either as most unknown opponents will be weaker players. Therefore, most/all of our 3bet range is value hands. Why not 3bet bigger and get more value? Hand 2 - If you raise, you're not going to get called by worse. We've basically got a bluff catcher here, so just flat call if you believe you've got the best hand. With 3 players in the pot, he's less likely to be bluffing so I might just fold. Depends on your reads on the villains. Hand 3 - Fold or 3bet shove pre. Calling and trying to play Poker with a hand like 76s when we're so short is probably not a good idea. As played, I don't mind the bet/call for the reasons DOHHHHHHH posted. I'd be interested to know what your plan was with this hand if you'd missed though, or if the flop comes down AK6 or something like that.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Hi Evil

Yes 76s not great but in bb and slightly tilted i feel. Aim was to cross fingers for low flop or flush draw but AK6and bet would have folded probably. When i caught piece on flop with pair decided to give him a decision to make. He made correct decision based on pot odds and equity, didn't he? Then he caught. Stack size had come down and just saw chance to make a stand. As i say, may have tilted. There is a theorem for it you know!!