You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just played live poker finals

edited November 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
just played nuts poker national finals, 138 runners after 9hrs of play we got down to final table(10 seated) lowest stake35k highest 102k me 80k(3rd). blinds went passed me losing 12k. by this time everyone playing very tight. the hand i went out on is the hand im still going over in my head(dont we all) im on the button blinds 4k 8 k. first5 pos fold pos6 min raises to 16k pos7 folds round to me, ive got pocket4s. dont think i can flat call in the pos, problem i have is the min raiser has been a bit of an oppertunist(played 7 if the 9hrs on the same table) the min raise could be a chance of nicking the blinds and is small anough to bail out if someone goes over the top. i had put him on a 10 ,a j hoping he doesnt want a race i push all in, sb and bb both fold. he ummms and ahhhs for 3mins utters those classic words " well i shouldnt but i will" and turns over 10s. game set and match. did i play this wrong after 9hrs of poker was it a bad call(think i woulda done the same in his pos). lots of ifs buts and maybes. just annoyed i got that far and blew it. p.s got a trophy so that makes me feel better (not)

Comments

• edited November 2009
    i dont think you played it bad mate

your instincts told you the guy was weak so you acted and trusted your instincts..

the fact he took time to call with 10s shows you wereright in that he wasnt super strong and it put a tough call on him
  • edited November 2009
    i wouldn't have with pocket 4's, but in the situation hes most likely got Ace something, K10+ QJ or small pocket pairs trying to steal the blinds, and with it being a live final table after that much play, he wouldnt want to risk it with average hands as you can see how he had to think about that so much with pocket 10's!

you were aggressive on a timid table, thats a good thing, more likely to bust but more likely to win
  • edited November 2009
    Agree with Hogg.

I would never of done that with 44. You though he might of not wanted to chase, but if he did (which he did) he most likely going in at the same odds as you, if not higher as your pair is so small.

unluck anyway bud, you must of played well to get 9th.
  • edited November 2009
    think  it  was  i  would  not  have  called  with  pocket  4s   u  new  u was  behind  so  call   put  your  tourny  on  the  line   been  playing  9  hrs   done  so  well  to  get  were u was
  • edited November 2009
    I think the fact you still had 2 unknowns (the blinds) to act after you swings it for me. There was just that extra chance you could have run up against a monster. So I'd have been more likely to push from the big blind.

Unlucky anyway. He probably put you on AK and just decided to race with you.
  • edited November 2009
    Congrats on playing so well. you obviously had a read on your villain, just unfortunate he'd picked up a real hand.
  • edited November 2009
    lol @ him thinking about min-raise/folding TT /w less than 10 BB's.