You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I been to tight?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
At the moment I think I playing way to  tight.
I was playing a bh the other night and whenever I got middle or lower pairs I tend to just muck them now.
I'll give you two exsamples (sorry my spelling isn't the best!)
1, I'm on the cut off and I had 8's someone raise 3x and I folded. That was midway thru.
2, I'm in the small blind and had 3s, the guy on the botton 4x now this is thee final table. I folded but a 3 came on the flop. so........
So am I playing to tight?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Ok, this is impossible to say for sure without seeing the stack sizes in question. The fact is that how you play PP's can change over the course of an MTT based on your stack size due to the fact that set farming with low PP's starts to be ineffective when stack sizes reach a certain point due to the fact you will lose your implied odd when stack sizes are too low.

As for the hand with 33. NEVER let results change what is correct play at the time. So yes, a three appeared on an occasion you folded, but 8 other times it won't appear when you call, so this is why when stack sizes reach a point where you will never win enough to cover the cost of calling and not hitting for the one occasion when you do hit.

Does this mean you shouldn't play them at all? No, but calling to set farm if stacks are bad is a no no once you reach a certain point. Open raising with a good postion like CO etc is fine, or maybe even shoving over a raiser you think has fold equity and will fold to the shove is also fine too. Again most of this is all about stack sizes rather than about the hand alone. Hope that makes sense.