You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I be playin this?

£5 turbo dym.Can you leave these alone in the turbo version or are they ok to play?Bit of a bad beat but would like to know if waiting is doable in the turbos.

/06/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesexychic24Small blind 50.0050.00800.00gixxerk4Big blind 100.00150.001000.00 Your hole cardsAK   bignoise10Raise 400.00550.00590.00arab1973Fold    shanganiFold    anthon1965Fold    sexychic24All-in 800.001350.000.00gixxerk4Fold    bignoise10Call 450.001800.00140.00sexychic24ShowAQ   bignoise10ShowAK   Flop  QK7   Turn  J   River  K   sexychic24WinFl

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I can't see any of the stack sizes so it's hard to say. I'm not sure how much the play changes between a regular DYM and a turbo one, but I think I'd either make it 3x to call off a shove or just jam myself.

The guy who has jammed only has 8BB which means they could have tons of worse hands (like they did), it's just a bad beat/unlucky board
  • edited June 2012

To call is 450 more on top of your raise of 400 right? If so yeah your have to call with AK! Plus the guy is all in for 800 so like Lambert says he could have anything

Bad beat

• edited June 2012
    played itself pal ul 
  • edited June 2012
    With the amount of big blinds you had you have to go allin pre flop.

The rest is just unlucky.
  • edited June 2012
    Kind of lost as to what the question is here? Are you asking if you can fold to the shove? Cus thats about the biggest no brainer call you could have. 2:1 on a call with AK, which is going to be ahead of most of his range for shoving. Not sure what else you could be asking.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Should I be playin this?:
    Kind of lost as to what the question is here? Are you asking if you can fold to the shove? Cus thats about the biggest no brainer call you could have. 2:1 on a call with AK, which is going to be ahead of most of his range for shoving. Not sure what else you could be asking.
    Posted by KAM99
    Sorry if I wasnt clear man.My question was should I have been in the pot at all.I've read other posts on dyms advocating sitting tight and steering clear of showdowns.I was 1st to act,so could I have just left well alone at this format or does the speed of the blinds increasing mean a change compared to regular,cos I dont think I'd be playin it like that at regular.Appreciate the input.
    Paul

• edited June 2012
  • edited June 2012
    Well, you started the hand with 9.9BB. With AK in this situation you need to play the hand but you really should just open-shove. After you make it 4x, you can't fold if someone sets you in, so then it's a call.

The problem isn't that you raised with the hand, it's that you didn't just shove. In the end the hand would have played out the same as it's pretty unlikely that your opponent would fold the AQ with 8.5BB, this far from the bubble. (Six players remaning)
  • edited June 2012
    Shove pre.

Imo the turbo dyms are unbeatable at 10% rake. I'd be very surprised if anyone can show a profit after 2-3k games.