You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BH...is this all-in?.....no chance...sigh! Asking opinion....

Hi folks,

Got down to last three of Bh with 5000/10000 blinds so m=5 ,(ss/(sb+bb)). Got min raise from button. I had A2o.This is an all-in at this stage, isn't it? Both stacks were over 3x mine.

Unfortunately, the internet gods weren't with me as i got disconnected as i was about to AI and couldn't get back on although i did say it was loading. After four and a half hours f hard work....this was a big sigh.
Now where's that cat...he needs a good kicking!!!!!

PS Although, i tried, i never did get back to it but did find that i'd cashed in 3rd/312 so not all bad, i suppose.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Woot, not seen someone use M for quite a while, as often classed as dated concept now I think. Assuming you mean you had a stack of 75k though, and if so then yes 3 hand I'm likely to shove A2, as still just about got some fold equity, though he may well call. 3 handed any ace is pretty strong often, so don't see the harm in a shove with less than 10bb. After all at this point kind of aiming for 3rd or 1st, and so I'd like to have a chance in HU rather than a tiny stack vs a monster one if one of the other two has the last knockout and I'm already the short stack.
  • edited June 2012
    Yep, 'fraid it's a shove. As the short stack when you are 3-handed it's fine to have a bit of a gamble with most hands especially with less than 10BBs. Even if you get called you are almost certain to be at least 30%. Double up and you have a chance of winning.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: BH...is this all-in?.....no chance...sigh! Asking opinion....:
    Yep, 'fraid it's a shove. As the short stack when you are 3-handed it's fine to have a bit of a gamble with most hands especially with less than 10BBs. Even if you get called you are almost certain to be at least 30%. Double up and you have a chance of winning.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    YEP IT IT WAS 75K AND A PITY I DIDN'T HAVE CHANCE TO SHOVE, EH?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: BH...is this all-in?.....no chance...sigh! Asking opinion....:
    In Response to Re: BH...is this all-in?.....no chance...sigh! Asking opinion.... : YEP IT IT WAS 75K AND A PITY I DIDN'T HAVE CHANCE TO SHOVE, EH?
    Posted by profman15
    Bigger question is was this a real question about the hand or a veiled brag post about your 3rd place? hehe (grats though).
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah think it's a definite shove
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: BH...is this all-in?.....no chance...sigh! Asking opinion.... : Bigger question is was this a real question about the hand or a veiled brag post about your 3rd place? hehe (grats though).
    Posted by KAM99
    HA Ha. No Kam but can you imagine mypanic trying to get back to the game. By the way did i tell you about my joint first in the DTDFourum two weeks ago(lost on countback to HITMAN_RV).........................................................

NOW THAT'S A BRAG POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    WELL any 2 will do,go shuv it