You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Standard of players and their luck

Playing a tournament earlier. I have a ace jack on the bb. I have two limpers before me (blinds are 50/100). With 30bbs I re-raise to 350ish. Both call, flop comes aq6... pot is 1200, I have 3000, decided to shove as 75% of the time I'm good and someone might call with kq.

Get snapped called by one player who turns over ace 10, and then he turns a 10. Yet again a player who is not very good( he limped pre-flop with ace 10 = disgraceful and then snapped called (debateable). But yet again sucked out on and they guy who doesn't have a clue double up... a joke. This happens to me way too many times.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    yawn, bad beat story.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Standard of players and their luck:
    yawn, bad beat story.
    Posted by Mohican

Intelligent reply, you must have put a lot of thought and effort into it. The bad beat is irrelevant; it does not bother me. The main topic of discussion was the standard of a majority of players on the site, which consists of continuous limping and strange betting. Any player who is half decent knows limping is the thing you should never do, yet it continuously happens. This is the point I was trying to make.

• edited June 2012
    Well yeah but we love these players don't we? I know I love getting called by AT when I have AJ and we both have TP.

You can't really complain too much abuot bad play because long term, that's how the winners win.
  • edited June 2012
    think about it, why are you complaining about having the best hand !
    Would you prefer to hold the worst hand !

• edited June 2012
    Well yeah but we love these players don't we? I know I love getting called by AT when I have AJ and we both have TP. You can't really complain too much abuot bad play because long term, that's how the winners win.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I agree... (90% of the time I win) but it does become frustrating when players consistently limp, limping with ace 10 on the button is about one of the worst moves. It turns the game into a guessing game, sometimes it's better to play with better players to actually have an enjoyable game
  • edited June 2012
    think about it, why are you complaining about having the best hand ! Would you prefer to hold the worst hand !
    Posted by rancid

If you took some time to read the post and engage you brain before replying you may realise that I was not complaining about that.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Standard of players and their luck :   If you took some time to read the post and engage you brain before replying you may realise that I was not complaining about that.
    Posted by AM338
    so what are you complaining about, bad players ?

So you would prefer to play against better players, and more likely hold the worst hand :S

So in your words "engage your brain"
  • edited June 2012
    Concentrate on your own play and ignore those types of players. 

There are plenty of grat players on sky who always do well in tournametms, what do you think they are doing right that your doing wrong?
  • edited June 2012
       Did u think cos u had aj,u were a cert.its all luck,grow up,ur lucky i was,nt there with 666,lol
  • edited June 2012
    "This happens to me way too many times."

That makes it look very much as though you're complaining about being outdrawn. You're correct to say that limping is a trait of bad players but complaining about the mistakes that other people are making is also a trait of a bad player.

You're right that playing with good players can be enjoyable. Sadly it's not as profitable as playing with bad players.

Listen, everybody enjoys having a pop at rancid (Who wouldn't? lol). The thing is that he's probably a better player than you, so it might be wise to try to listen to what he's telling you: Focus on your own play. If you're not winning it's because of your own mistakes, not the mistakes of your opponents. Sometimes you play well and still lose. That's just the nature of the game.
  • edited June 2012
    You have to limp on ere,cos even if u raise ur gonna get donk called,admit it
  • edited June 2012
    While it's annoying, you want these calls.

I just flopped top set on the safest board ever, i bet big on flop and turn and the guy hit a backdoor flush on river.

While i was pretty annoyed I want to play these players all day every day.
  • edited June 2012
    Not worth commenting on this thread, damn I just did.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Standard of players and their luck : Intelligent reply, you must have put a lot of thought and effort into it. The bad beat is irrelevant; it does not bother me. The main topic of discussion was the standard of a majority of players on the site, which consists of continuous limping and strange betting. Any player who is half decent knows limping is the thing you should never do, yet it continuously happens. This is the point I was trying to make.  
    Posted by AM338
    I put as much thought into it as your posting of a bad beat story. No one cares if you got outdrawn, it  happens. If players are bad, that's a good thing. I'd rather sit at a table full of bad players,than a table of good ones.
  • edited June 2012
    When this happens to me, I Sharkscope the player to see what his stats are. Generally, those that play as you indicated, show a loss. You will be pleased to know that yours show a profit, so you must be doing something right. Keep getting your money in good and you'll continue to show a profit.
    p.s. you get 5 free searches a day on Sharkscope,use them.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Standard of players and their luck : I agree... (90% of the time I win) but it does become frustrating when players consistently limp, limping with ace 10 on the button is about one of the worst moves. It turns the game into a guessing game, sometimes it's better to play with better players to actually have an enjoyable game
    Posted by AM338
    Woot if you win 90% of the time, which is 10% more often than you should in this situation. :)

Also in your first post. You raised, not reraised if they both limped. Thats those two small issues covered.

As for teh rest of it. You are complaining about bad players. Thats the most ridiculous thing any poker player could complain about. You want people that are happy to get their money in as a 20% outsider, and to complain just because 20% of the time they out draw you is just being stupid to be honest. And to suggest you'd rather play players that would fold to your shove with worse anc all you with better is putting a dense cherry on a stupid idea in general.

Would you see the number one tennis player in the world complaining he had to play the rank 800 player in the world for a grand slam final? Would he be saying he wished he was up against a far more consistant known quality of the 2nd best player in the world? Heck no. Makes no sense.

You asked for feedback and seem mad that no-one is agreeing with your point, and thats because your point is wrong. Poker is harder these days because there are less bad players and so less edge, and so to want less random players that play stupid poker is just nuts. Sorry mate, it just is.