You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tricky spot late on in FT of £5K B/H.....advice please.

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

This is about 6 hours into the tournament (see blind levels).

Reads I have on my opponent is he drinks too much and has no dress sense.

Should I just call his bet on the river or do what I did and raise for value?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceaiken2001 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1960.00 MAXALLY Big blind  20.00 30.00 2020.00   Your hole cards J J       unbpower Fold     HITMAN_RV Raise  60.00 90.00 1990.00 jimHFX Fold     aiken2001 Fold     MAXALLY Raise  85.51 175.51 1934.49 HITMAN_RV Call  45.51 221.02 1944.49 Flop    A A J       MAXALLY Check     HITMAN_RV Check     Turn    5       MAXALLY Bet  165.77 386.79 1768.72 HITMAN_RV Call  165.77 552.56 1778.72 River    4       MAXALLY Bet  414.42 966.98 1354.30 HITMAN_RV Raise  980.00 1946.98 798.72 MAXALLY All-in  1354.30 3301.28 0.00 HITMAN_RV Call  788.72 4090.00 10.00 MAXALLY Show J J    HITMAN_RV Show A A    HITMAN_RV Win Four Aces 4090.00  4100.00

Comments

• edited June 2012

lol

Like the levelling raise pre-flop. I can't believe you lost 100BB with only the third nuts, though. What were you thinking? :P

Nice hand.

• edited June 2012
    Dont know about calling the river i think i would throw myself in one! lol

Nice one Captain :-)
  • edited June 2012

Can I also point out that I did think he was slowrolling me.....until I found out later that he had actually fell off his chair laughing before he could compose himself enough to press the call button.

Also, someone wrote in the chat box 'How big is your kicker?' while the hand was in play, which I think was totally uncalled for.
  • edited June 2012
    lol he was running well in that thing !
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot late on in FT of £5K B/H.....advice please.:
    lol Like the levelling raise pre-flop. I can't believe you lost 100BB with only the third nuts, though. What were you thinking? :P Nice hand.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    AA, AJ, A4, A5. 3rd nuts?

Cooler, UL. Can't see a problem with reraise as is he often having AA when no reraise pre, and AJ fairly unlikely given your hand, and the others unlikey even with level 3bet pre. Though assuming this post is just a level in itself?
  • edited June 2012
    Not nice but you will bet JJ. I have an aversion......................
  • edited June 2012
    An Alternative viewpoint!!

Third hand of tournament

LOL, Was Brilliant!!

Me AA, Maxally JJ!!

I raise pre, he calls....Flop AAJ, PMSL!!!!!
    I Check, he checks, How cool are we!!

Turn 5, I check , he bets 1/2ish pot.....I tank.....
    & call, LOL!!!

River 4,   lol, Think he raises 1/2 pot.......
    .............I min-ish  raise.......

......now to chatbox!!

He Says,

" How Big's your Kicker",

trying to hide his house LOL!!.....

I Stay QUIET AS A Hit-Mouse!!.....

He then Pushes, I AM PASHING MYSELF ON FLOOR!!!.....

.....I just about get back on my chair....type the answer.....

......"BIG"...

and Call, ......The Whole table Cracks UP!!

Was A slow roll to die for, but not meant!!!

[think that's about way it happenned, stiff laughing now, O yeah, went on to win it, beating lil' SamDonk HU!!]
  • edited June 2012
    I think your reads on your opponent are spot on. The rest is just meant to happen.
  • edited June 2012
    Why arn't you c-betting the flop ?
  • edited June 2012
    Raise bigger pre

Bet flop

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot late on in FT of £5K B/H.....advice please.:
    An Alternative viewpoint!! Third hand of tournament   LOL, Was Brilliant!! Me AA, Maxally JJ!! I raise pre, he calls....Flop AAJ, PMSL!!!!! ... I Check, he checks, How cool are we!! Turn 5, I check , he bets 1/2ish pot.....I tank..... & call, LOL!!! River 4,   lol, Think he raises 1/2 pot....... .............I min-ish  raise....... ......now to chatbox!! He Says, " How Big's your Kicker", trying to hide his house LOL!!..... I Stay QUIET AS A Hit-Mouse!!..... He then Pushes, I AM PASHING MYSELF ON FLOOR!!!..... .....I just about get back on my chair....type the answer..... ......"BIG"... and Call, ......The Whole table Cracks UP!! Was A slow roll to die for, but not meant!!! [think that's about way it happenned, stiff laughing now, O yeah, went on to win it, beating lil' SamDonk HU!!]
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    luv this post , lmao

ul max ;)
  • edited June 2012

Loving the serious answers in this thread :)

I am nearly over it now Hitman!!

PS....your are barred again!!