You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can I ever fold this?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Not played here, but thought I'd get some feedback from you guys if you felt like it.

Tad annoying exit as was not that far short of the money in 300k tournament with 60,000 players. Don't think I can fold this, but I'm not a huge fan of KQ, and hence why I actually was just hoping to pinch the blinds, and why i didn't jsut shove it preflop. As just so often if you shove this you are getting called by hands that tend to have you dominated. So when I'm shoved on by the tightest player at the table I didn't see how I could fold, and I didn't, and was happy to be live as it was, but just curious if you can ever justify a fold when your raise is only leaving you 10bb behind? Know on some level I should have shoved this pre really with so low an M, just I'm sooooo unlucky with flips and horrifc with KQ. Lost  all 3 I did in this one for example. hehe

No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t500/t1000 Blinds + t100 - 9 players - http://www.handconverter.com/hands/1798255
The DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP1: t6518   M = 2.72
Hero (MP2): t12762   M = 5.32
CO: t24571   M = 10.24
BTN: t20074   M = 8.36
SB: t19116   M = 7.96
BB: t13530   M = 5.64
UTG: t18126   M = 7.55
UTG+1: t30020   M = 12.51
UTG+2: t32270   M = 13.45

Pre Flop: (t2400) Hero is MP2 with Qd Kc
4 folds, Hero raises to t2500, 2 folds, SB raises to t19016 all in, 1 fold, Hero calls t10162 all in

Flop: (t27224) 7h Jh 8d (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t27224) 6s (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t27224) 3d (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t27224
Hero shows Qd Kc (high card King)
SB shows Ah Jc (a pair of Jacks)
SB wins t27224

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Shove or fold pre

As played you have to call
  • edited June 2012
    Plays itself. There are two ways to play it. Either shove pre or raise to induce a shove if you think the blinds with try to re-steal with worse but won't call a shove (if you know what I mean). If you get flat called you have to shove on any flop anyway. As it turned out you weren't that far behind and got unlucky. Bad luck not getting to the money, although as you know the aim should always be to win these things.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Can I ever fold this?:
    Plays itself. There are two ways to play it. Either shove pre or raise to induce a shove if you think the blinds with try to re-steal with worse but won't call a shove (if you know what I mean). If you get flat called you have to shove on any flop anyway. As it turned out you weren't that far behind and got unlucky. Bad luck not getting to the money, although as you know the aim should always be to win these things.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Yeah always do aim too, though had some rubbish luck all the way. Lost AK to 66 and then AK to a total donky playing 34os that raised, called my reraise and then called flop shove with a gutshot that hit on river.. First time in a while I actually typed something in a chat box. lol So that left me nursing short stack right up till this hand.
  • edited June 2012

Shove pre. You may be close to the money but you're still a bazillion light years from the final table so folding would be too nitty.