You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a call on the river tricky spot thoughts please?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Jigsaw222Small blind £0.10£0.10£37.07bmh1946Big blind £0.20£0.30£19.31 Your hole cardsA9   IDONKCALLURaise £0.60£0.90£39.80GELDYFold    Geek57Fold    EvilPinguFold    Jigsaw222Call £0.50£1.40£36.57bmh1946Call £0.40£1.80£18.91Flop  934   Jigsaw222Check    bmh1946Check    IDONKCALLUBet £1.40£3.20£38.40Jigsaw222Raise £3.60£6.80£32.97bmh1946Fold    IDONKCALLUCall £2.20£9.00£36.20Turn  9   Jigsaw222Bet £5.80£14.80£27.17IDONKCALLUCall £5.80£20.60£30.40River  10   Jigsaw222All-in £27.17£47.77£0.00

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I guess thats what you wanna flop with a9

when he min raises i think its gotta be 33 44 or a slowly played big hand aa kk qq eg

But i think when u call the turn you gotta call river i can never fold there to behonest but im just bad!

some players would play the same way on that flop with 56 spades a5 spades eg 

• edited June 2012
    Any reads?

Readless I fold flop

If I call flop I'm calling down on that board
  • edited June 2012
    only playing 10 mins he was playing alot of hands not many went to showdown so couldnt see cards but seem pretty aggro 
  • edited June 2012
    Well if he c/r a lot it's fine, or if he is just a spewmonkey. But c/r looks pretty strong 3way when you opened utg , and if you don't turn the 9 there are lots of difficult decisions to make, I kinda think you have to at least call one more street prob 2 if you call flop c/r
  • edited June 2012
    i got told by some 1 on the table hes pretty gd and its a fold but it is a hard tho 
  • edited June 2012
    I don't think you can fold turn or river if you call flop without very specific reads. I fold flop readless cos I don't want to get in a situation where I'm playing for 180bb stacks with a pair of 9s on a board that will often run out with either a flush or a couple of overs. 
  • edited June 2012
    Likewise to grantorino I likely fold the flop, as C/R is fairly strong at this level and not often a bluff. Only time I might go with it is if I have reads that he will play his flush draws like this as well, or does have a bluff in his locker if he thinks someone has missed an AK flop.

As played its difficult once you hit trips, and think if you call the turn you can't fold the river either to a blank card. Possible he is bluffing a missed flush draw, but suspect you are up against a house. Can only see it as one of those two, though loosely possible he plays 1010 or JJ the same way, but not sure he would unless fairly spewy. Though of course 1010 gets there on river... who knows.. but still say if you call turn you call river.
  • edited June 2012
    i tanked sigh called and the guy had 3 3 worst turn card in the deck any card but that would of got of cheap :(
  • edited June 2012
    V that player i would fold to his raise on flop mate but like i said to you earlier it makes it harder when you know its a tv table that they are actually showing at the time.

• edited June 2012

tricky ?

as a losing player this my view... playin lots of hands... could b play 33s 0r 44s but more likely 3/4 /or 4 or even 2 suited hence the bet on the  turn... Im putting it in here with trips .. guess why thats  my b/roll so low lol

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this a call on the river tricky spot thoughts please?:
    i tanked sigh called and the guy had 3 3 worst turn card in the deck any card but that would of got of cheap :(
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    What's your plan when you call flop? I would think you have to call down a good bit here if you call flop even without turning the 9. 
  • edited June 2012
    My plan is to avoid a spade and any brick on the turn im calling down i.e a low card  a 9 or ace im locing it well i think i was at the time the shove on the river looks like he missed but i know all that stuff where u shove to look weak and its the nuts in this case it was the nuts well it wasnt but u know what i mean 
  • edited June 2012
    Id of folded pre Donk ;) lol
  • edited June 2012
    lol every 1 is saying that easy to say that now tho but if u was playing would u really fold a 9 suited easier said then done 
  • edited June 2012
    You know i would cause im tight as cramp ha ha

I think when the second 9 comes it should be a big FAT warning sign that he has a set of 3's or 4's lol
  • edited June 2012
    Well I can definitely find a fold pre easy enough. You're 6 handed, you're UTG with a hand that could be easily dominated, and you have a few players on that table that are gonna play back at you alot in position. So you'll be playing a marginal hand OOP against some decent opposition.
  • edited June 2012
    but but but ITS A TV TABLE WANNA PLAY SOME HANDS LOL :)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this a call on the river tricky spot thoughts please?:
    Well I can definitely find a fold pre easy enough. You're 6 handed, you're UTG with a hand that could be easily dominated, and you have a few players on that table that are gonna play back at you alot in position. So you'll be playing a marginal hand OOP against some decent opposition.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'm same as this. I would dump A9 suited or not UTG. Would play it in later postions but UTG it sucks, as ace ranks significantly worse soon as you drop below ten as kicker due to lack of straight possibilties as well. I know they look tempting, but UTG i'm mucking this pretty much 100% of the time, and I don't really class myself as  nitty either, just found hands like this more often cost me money than make it. OOP, playing hand easy dominated etc, hardly ever works out well, or wins tiny pot.