You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have just checked the flop

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TOOTHACHESmall blind £0.02£0.02£1.93
disco-daveBig blind £0.04£0.06£4.53
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

DARWISHFold    
Reynard62Fold    
Bassett543Call £0.04£0.10£1.13
RigolettoFold    
TOOTHACHECall £0.02£0.12£1.91
disco-daveCheck    
Flop

• K
  • K
  • Q

TOOTHACHECheck    
disco-daveCheck    
Bassett543Bet £0.04£0.16£1.09
TOOTHACHEFold    
disco-daveFold    
Bassett543Muck    
Bassett543Win £0.11 £1.20
Bassett543Return £0.04£0.01£1.24

Comments

• edited June 2012
    No betting is fine but tbh you should be betting more. At this level you will get called by if he has the other king. It is also a pretty wet board possible flush or straight draw will call aswell and often if you bet big they will presume you have the q and are trying to protect so may call iwth a queen to. Just unlucky to be getting no action this time but should definatly get into the habit of betting your big hands its the easiest way to get paid
  • edited June 2012
    Raise pre

Bet flop bigger
  • edited June 2012
    Don't open limp when first to act. If your hand is good enough to play its good enough to raise, plus it adds weight to your hand strength in the tables eyes if you raise instead of limping. You limp they won't give it as much credit if you try to cbet an ace high board for example.

Bet flop more. Its wet board, so even though you have flopped trips you don't really want to give someone with a straight or flush draw cheap draw. If they have enough of that board they will call, and so any queen, king, straight or flush they will likely call, so make them a price.

Simple fact is keep betting consistant. So if you bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot its should be all the time hit or miss and then there is no way you give off betting tells. And yes its annoying when you flop a big hand and they all fold, but beats betting tiny and getting to river to find out they would have paid you off a lot more if you'd bet bigger.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks to all. that was second hand running that i flopped trip K's and had no action. I have taken all previous advice. i 
    went down to my last 70p playing bh tourneys. i then stopped them and went to the 60p dym's and since i have moved up to £1 dym's and have managed to take my br from £0.70 to £23 in 5 days. another £10 and i will move back up to £2. I now see the sense in not  letting the big blind see the flop for free in these games. i now dont use the call button in these, its raise or fold.