You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The End.

Hello everyone,
iv wrote to quiete a few of u for advice and different thing in which you was all helpful so i thankyou for that.  Iv spent so much time on my game in the last few months done everything, because i cant take losing.  My game has not improved and it constantly makes me angry and dissapointed when i lose, the worst thing is i dont no what i can do, if i make a bad pass in football i practise passing....if i hit a bad shot in golf i go on the range.  Iv done that with poker and tbh iv got worse.  It feels like everytym i hit so has my opponent and im not soppy enough to think im just unlucky theres obv a reason for this.  The fact i cant improve and i hate lsoing is enough for me to quit the game at least for a long period, i just cant take it.  Good luck with all your games and i hope the players at my level improve enough to be happy with themselves, all the best.
robstars7

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Go and carry on reading and learning and then perhaps try coming back. You never know you could be doing the right things but just be on the wrong end of a downswing, you have to give it a lot longer than a few months.
  • edited June 2012
    it gives me no confidence to add bankroll with these  results, naa it dont help it still isnt working
  • edited June 2012
    If it helps i lost well over £200 and spent 6 months losing before i turned it round. Not to mention depositing maybe 5/6 times.
  • edited June 2012
    Poker should be fun! If you're not enjoying it, then take a break and come back when you are refreshed.
  • edited June 2012
    Lost with AA, QQ, JJ twice, House over house, two pair over two pair in 10 mins!  Not normally one to moan but as said above poker should be fun.  This is the worst I've felt playing (worst things happen in real life I know).  First day back in a few weeks too.  Defo not doing a leaving thread lol but that's me for a long time here.  I understand these things happen in poker but it hurt.  
      Yours steamingly some moaner.
  • edited June 2012
    hi robbie,
    sorry 2 heat u r leaving m8.
    on-line poker is not for everyone...
    and yes,it can be tough to win,not everyone will.
    i,ve thought about giving up a few times over the past 2 years,
    but thankfully i played on,knowing/hoping that in the end i would come through the other side.
    i,m sure if i can do it,just about anyone could.
    it really is mind over matter,so i think that is where your problem lies.
    if u r not mentally strong then it,s best 4 u you,re gone.
    best wishes with whatever you do.
    :-)
    dev
  • edited June 2012
    Hey robbie

Fact is not everyone can grow up to be messi or tiger woods. Same goes for poker, we can't all grow up to be phil ivy, and we may not even get to be anything more than average at the game. Yes, like most games we can improve our game, but doesn't mean we will get to the top of the heap no matter how long we play. Does this mean you can't? No, but even if we can it doesn't happen over night. Some players have years of experience to get to the top, and so not sure how long you have played and how seriously, but to be good takes time, and sometimes lots of it.

So, hey if you do quit good luck in life, but maybe a break will do you some good if not quit for life. Poker should be fun first, and if you are playing it to be the next phil ivy or with eyes glittering with the idea of being the next WSOP winner, or even just a online poker pro, thats not the way to approach it. :)