You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weird spot 50nl

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #532520409 (12:33 18/06/2012)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nemo547 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £16.53
hickup Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £20.48
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

BigHawk89 Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £49.25
ChirpyChip Call   £1.50 £3.75 £68.01
nemo547 Call   £1.25 £5.00 £15.28
hickup Call   £1.00 £6.00 £19.48
Flop

• J
  • Q

nemo547 Check        
hickup Check        
BigHawk89 Check        
ChirpyChip Check        
Turn

• K

nemo547 Bet   £4.00 £10.00 £11.28
hickup Fold        
BigHawk89 Call   £4.00 £14.00 £45.25
ChirpyChip All-in   £68.01 £82.01 £0.00
nemo547 Fold        
BigHawk89

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I know i have the nuts but am i right to call even if i put my oppo on the ace with the redraw to flush? or is this just a call and hope to chop?
  • edited June 2012
    you are getting 3/1 on yr money and his odds of hitting are also 3/1 - so it is a case off are u feeling lucky p**k?
  • edited June 2012
    No idea where those 3/1 figures are coming from

You need to call roughly 45 to win roughly 31 assuming he always has Acxc. You have Jc which I think makes villain around 18% to hit

Ev of calling = (31*.82)-(45*.18)=17.32

That's hugely +EV against only the nuts with redraw. Sometimes he has no redraw and on a rare occasion he may turn up with worse. Most of my figures are estimates so could be out a bit, but pretty certain it's a call
  • edited June 2012
    I would guess he's just got an ace. Insta call.
  • edited June 2012
    Chirpy def has an ace and your flat on turn makes it look as if your drawing on the double suited board so he is charging you full price imo.

100% snap.
  • edited June 2012
    can't think of a Acxc hand oppo shows up with here

maybe AK but wouldn't think so

oppo just protecting against FD's

yeah slight chance oppo has Acxc, but hey ho we can't fold can we :S
  • edited June 2012
    Question:

In a cash game, if we're calling to chop (which it looks like we're probably doing here) then isn't that a bad thing? I thought I read/heard somewhere that you shouldn't really call for a chop in ring games because of the rake.

Also, is it possible that chirpy could have a 2p hand & repping more? I've never played anywhere near these levels so no idea on how people play up there. If that scenario is possible then I guess it's a call.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Weird spot 50nl:
    Question: In a cash game, if we're calling to chop (which it looks like we're probably doing here) then isn't that a bad thing? I thought I read/heard somewhere that you shouldn't really call for a chop in ring games because of the rake. Also, is it possible that chirpy could have a 2p hand & repping more? I've never played anywhere near these levels so no idea on how people play up there. If that scenario is possible then I guess it's a call.
    Posted by silentbob
    Depends how much the rake is, and how much you've put in, and if others have put money in. In this case as a 3rd person has put reasonable amount in it is ok. But yes it sucks a bit all ins with same hand between 2 players for chops as you lose money on it because of the rake. Only way you fold on a certain chop though is if you've put in less than the rake would be i guess.

Max rake at this level would be £1.80, so thats the loss from the chop.
  • edited June 2012
    There's well more than the rake charge been put in the pot by others. Also if the rake is the same or less than you've personally put in then it's an insta call. Even if it's not it's an insta call. I think he had an ace but it's never 100% guaranteed. Whether he has A or a flush draw, any fold here ever is incredibly weak.
  • edited June 2012
    Probably call myself. (i cant fold much - ever)

Think it is a fold tho,  hes 100 percent drawing to either flush. your never ever ever ahead.

is it worth calling to try and chop ?  even if it is a chop, rake is the massive winner
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Weird spot 50nl:
    Probably call myself. (i cant fold much - ever) Think it is a fold tho,  hes 100 percent drawing to either flush. your never ever ever ahead.  is it worth calling to try and chop ?  even if it is a chop, rake is the massive winner
    Posted by 1267
    Not really in this one, as the others put over £6 into the pot and max rake on the pot is only ever going to be £1.80 at this level. So even if they chop this hand they should make about £2.50 each (didn't add it up, just roughly).
  • edited June 2012
    Folding the nuts fearing redraw................

Why play any hand?

He prob has exactly the hand you fear, but doesnt mean you can/should fold.
  • edited June 2012
    Surely if oppo has re draw to the nut flush then oppo flats turn or raises enough to keep fd's in, shove is only being called by an Ax hand

Surely oppo wants to keep fd's in and hope they hit, unless oppo thinks someone will call the shove with fd
  • edited June 2012
    Just call as I'm pretty sure he had similar hand to you and is protecting against any flush draws.