You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a fold?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Slykllist Small blind  75.00 75.00 5705.00
roker58 Big blind  150.00 225.00 3427.50
 Your hole cards
  • A

jdqontilt1 Call  150.00 375.00 11761.25
nozz3r Call  150.00 525.00 8685.00
Mister-E Raise  750.00 1275.00 5700.00
col21 All-in  866.25 2141.25 0.00
Slykllist Call  791.25 2932.50 4913.75
roker58 Call  716.25 3648.75 2711.25
jdqontilt1 Call  716.25 4365.00 11045.00
nozz3r Fold     
Mister-E Call  116.25 4481.25 5583.75
Flop

• K

Slykllist Check     
roker58 Check     
jdqontilt1 Check     
Mister-E All-in  5583.75 10065.00 0.00
Slykllist All-in  4913.75 14978.75 0.00
roker58 Fold     
jdqontilt1 Fold     
Mister-E Unmatched bet  670.00 14308.75 670.00
Slykllist Show
  • A

Mister-E Show
  • A
  • A

col21 Show
  • J
  • Q

Turn

River

Mister-E Win Two Pairs, Aces and 7s 14308.75  14978.75

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Not 100% sure I even like the call preflop from SB when the guy has made a fairly serious 5xbb raise, which is obviously based on 3x + 1 for each limper as standard, but I'm giving him credit for a decent hand in most cases when he does this. At least the reshove won't open betting again I'm assuming, but still not sure I'd love having to play A10 post flop OOP to that kind of raise if the ace lands.

As played on the flop you aren't getting the odds really, if we assume his preflop raise was with a decent hand. Lets say he isn't bluffing then with his preflop raise we can really only assume he has AK, KK or AA, with maybe KQ possibly I'd say. May seem tight range, but if he isn't bluffing can't see much else being in his range here. If any of those are true then you really aren't getting the odds to make the call, as at best you wll have 40% equity, 45% if KQ and down to 25% if he has KK. Of course it is possible he shoves as a bluff here with it checked to him, but not sure how often he bluffs here into 3 players (very low I'd say).

So I guess if you really want to gamble your tournament on a flush draw then thats your gamble, but its not good odds. And to be honest not 100% sure I'd want to get involved OOP with A10 preflop at this stage.
  • edited June 2012
  • edited June 2012
    Just to clarify as I gave no details at all, this was a bounty hunter and I'd made the call pre flop knowing that all-in was an under-raise so I was definately going to be able to see the flop and if the board falls nicely for me there's a bounty to be had and a nice pot to be taken (give previous action, I was expecting calls from the other 2 players in the pot).

Having made the call pre-flop (and I agree, usually this should be a fold) when 2 spades come on the board, I've got pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for so feel almost compelled to call or it was pointless entering the pot in the first place.  That said, I'm still not getting the rigth odds so probably should be a fold.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this a fold?:
    Just to clarify as I gave no details at all, this was a bounty hunter and I'd made the call pre flop knowing that all-in was an under-raise so I was definately going to be able to see the flop and if the board falls nicely for me there's a bounty to be had and a nice pot to be taken (give previous action, I was expecting calls from the other 2 players in the pot). Having made the call pre-flop (and I agree, usually this should be a fold) when 2 spades come on the board, I've got pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for so feel almost compelled to call or it was pointless entering the pot in the first place.  That said, I'm still not getting the rigth odds so probably should be a fold.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Just lookin at ure play pre here i figured it was a bounty hunter , i still reckon its a fold pre tho given the size of oppos raise
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Is this a fold?:
    Just to clarify as I gave no details at all, this was a bounty hunter and I'd made the call pre flop knowing that all-in was an under-raise so I was definately going to be able to see the flop and if the board falls nicely for me there's a bounty to be had and a nice pot to be taken (give previous action, I was expecting calls from the other 2 players in the pot). Having made the call pre-flop (and I agree, usually this should be a fold) when 2 spades come on the board, I've got pretty much exactly what I'm hoping for so feel almost compelled to call or it was pointless entering the pot in the first place.  That said, I'm still not getting the rigth odds so probably should be a fold.
    Posted by Slykllist
    This isn't true, the BB, UTG and UTG + 1 still have the option to raise or shove.

Once it gets back to Mister E, he is unable to raise or shove.

It's a fold pre for me.
  • edited June 2012
    Its a raise or fold pre, most likely a fold for me.

But with pot size and equity I happily get rest in on flop.
  • edited June 2012
    fold pre

open shove flop
  • edited June 2012
  • edited June 2012
    Fold pre.if you wanna play 3bet. When you call you aren't that happy when you flop a pair, when we flop a big draw we get it in flipping and won't have enough fold equity with pot size