You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should this be in BBV or do I need help?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I felt tthat with 2, then 3 aces up my full house had to be the best hand barring.................
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kano47 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £2.11
gracie24 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.68
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

trojan57 Fold        
jahsam Fold        
magna Fold        
flower11 Fold        
kano47 Call   £0.02 £0.08 £2.09
gracie24 Check        
Flop

• A
  • A

kano47 Check        
gracie24 Bet   £0.08 £0.16 £3.60
kano47 Call   £0.08 £0.24 £2.01
Turn

• K

kano47 Check        
gracie24 Bet   £0.24 £0.48 £3.36
kano47 Call   £0.24 £0.72 £1.77
River

• A

kano47 Check        
gracie24 All-in   £3.36 £4.08 £0.00
kano47 All-in   £1.77 £5.85 £0.00
gracie24 Unmatched bet   £1.59 £4.26 £1.59
kano47 Show
  • A

gracie24 Show
  • J
  • K

kano47 Win Four Aces £3.94   £3.94

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Its a tough one i suppose but that over jam over the river looks like ur repping the A there and to be honest i wouldnt even be calling with a king there.

When he calls your flop bet i shut down into check/call mode

Youve pot bet it every street did it cross your mind at any point he might have the ace? , i guess on a rare occasion he has the 8 and your still gunna get the lot at NL4

I can justify saying that he played it extremely passivly but ill put that down to him wanting you to create the action for him

On the river just make it  60p and fold to a check/raise
  • edited June 2012
    What do we think calls us on river?

We are bluffing when we shove.  what are we trying to get value from?

Doesnt make alot of sense to me.
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah really don't like the shove on river. He has called a pot bet on two streets, so what are you putting him on? Short of a king or a PP I can't see him calling with much else. Think its difficult not to value bet a river with full house and 3 aces out there, but think I'd keep it small and maybe fold to a shove.

Point is not many hands he will call the shove with, and of those that might call you are likely chopping or losing, so just paying big rake for nothing if its a chop, or losing a big pot if he does have the ace. Others may disagree, and its always difficult to give advice when we can see the hand results. Leave them off if you want advice based on what you saw etc.
  • edited June 2012
    Just to be clear:

Given stacks I may shove the river happily.  But the super rare time he shows up with quads its just water off a ducks back.  This shallow am never c/fing or b/fing.  Only reason I'd check is to induce a shove from a SCB

What I dont understand is how we dont know the river just plays itself given stacks.  Think we can get called by worse @nl4 and probably higher.  But when oppo does show up with quads here we just have to know its pretty much a stack off as board runs out and let it go.

I dont fully understand how this is a bad beat, as we are never ahead in the hand.  We then improve to some iffy equity then the river obv upgrades our hand enough to GII.

So when we ship river its knowing that we arent c/fing or b/fing this shallow and relatively strong.  Being prepared to be called by some hands we beat more often than we are beaten by quads.    But when it is quads.....w/e as board runs out.
  • edited June 2012
    Slightly deeper than I thought but with oppos stack size am always prepared to GII.  But B/c c/c is just a much better line.  Which one it is is just based on type of villain.  Its going in as played, just cant sweat it when its quads.

Really hate idea of b/f 60p on river.

Myeh I guess if we think oppo calls us with an 8 or PremPP value shoving river isnt terrabad.  But we have to know that is what we are aiming at.  If we think its a K just c/c and keep rake down
  • edited June 2012
    Raise pre

Check flop as played

Check turn as played

River, meh lots of players call with worse boats at this level, depends on villain

• edited June 2012
    I think you were lucky you didn't cover the all in as you were shorter stacked
    it was a good bluffing move but so many signs to pull out I think
    To be honest I think it was not to good a hand for you to be in in the first instance after the flop.
    If you were prepared to go all in I think you should have shoved on the flop and that would have removed any doubt about the hand you were up against and had it been a bluff from the opponent would have got yours through 

• edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: should this be in BBV or do I need help?:
    I think you were lucky you didn't cover the all in as you were shorter stacked it was a good bluffing move but so many signs to pull out I think To be honest I think it was not to good a hand for you to be in in the first instance after the flop. If you were prepared to go all in I think you should have shoved on the flop and that would have removed any doubt about the hand you were up against and had it been a bluff from the opponent would have got yours through   
    Posted by LBDavid
    He should have shoved flop?! Do you mostly play tournaments?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: should this be in BBV or do I need help?:
    I think you were lucky you didn't cover the all in as you were shorter stacked it was a good bluffing move but so many signs to pull out I think To be honest I think it was not to good a hand for you to be in in the first instance after the flop. If you were prepared to go all in I think you should have shoved on the flop and that would have removed any doubt about the hand you were up against and had it been a bluff from the opponent would have got yours through   
    Posted by LBDavid
    DON'T DO THIS!

Raise pre, bet flop, bet turn (checking back turn would be fine against certain players, but against unkowns I think your gonna be missing so much value) and shove river and be happy about life.

As you played it by the river your NEVER folding. He's called two streets so is an A in his range? Yes of course it is but most of his range is gonna be made up by PP, an 8 and other random junk that he can actually pay you of with. On the river I would probably just b/c pot. Shoving isn't bad at all though.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: should this be in BBV or do I need help?:
    I think you were lucky you didn't cover the all in as you were shorter stacked it was a good bluffing move but so many signs to pull out I think To be honest I think it was not to good a hand for you to be in in the first instance after the flop. If you were prepared to go all in I think you should have shoved on the flop and that would have removed any doubt about the hand you were up against and had it been a bluff from the opponent would have got yours through   
    Posted by LBDavid
    Erm... What?

Risking £2.09 to win an 8p pot, with KJ high? Why risk £2.09 when you can risk 8p and get the same answer from your opponent?

Flop bet is fine.

Turn bet is okay, although I'm probably bet/folding at this level against random unknown bad players.

River means we have to go busto, a lot people will get all their money in with any 8 or PP, so generally we'll be printing money by shoving river, shove is fine too IMO, just this time he had quads, UL.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks all. I put him on a pocket pair or an 8x when he kept calling-but the advice was gratefully received.
  • edited June 2012
    Raise pre! Bet flop, bet turn, b/f river.