You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats happening with the guarenteed prize?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
how come the guarenteed prize pool is going so low? for instance the 00:30, has always been £500, now it's 40% less at £300, yet i have rarely seen less than 50 players, come on sky, i love this site but this cannot go on, anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• edited June 2012

england were playing which usually results in less traffic on the site. sky reduce a lot of their gaurantees when there is a big football game due to this so they arent forking out a lot of overlay. this may explain it for tonight i would guess the gtd's will return to normal tomorrow. the main event gtd was reduced to 3k this evening as well so there was a few tourneys down on their usual

• edited June 2012
    England matches probably have an effect on site traffic, but probably not enough to effect the guarantees - Laptops ftw.

However, the same trend will be happening on every Poker site. People want to be outside when it's sunny, and inside in front of the telly with the laptop on, playing Poker, when it's -12°c and snowing outside. The drop in guarantees is standard at this time of year.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: whats happening with the guarenteed prize?:
    england were playing which usually results in less traffic on the site. sky reduce a lot of their gaurantees when there is a big football game due to this so they arent forking out a lot of overlay. this may explain it for tonight i would guess the gtd's will return to normal tomorrow. the main event gtd was reduced to 3k this evening as well so there was a few tourneys down on their usual
    Posted by TINTIN
    ok i get that but surely sky either make this common knowledge, or stick to the usual guarentees? and, what about loyalty to the same players who play regardless?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: whats happening with the guarenteed prize?:
    In Response to Re: whats happening with the guarenteed prize? : ok i get that but surely sky either make this common knowledge, or stick to the usual guarentees? and, what about loyalty to the same players who play regardless?
    Posted by nicknat118
    Poker sites are about making money generally, so they will adjust GTD tournaments as needed if traffic is to low. Can't expect them not to just because you want a chance at a bigger pot with less players in it. Just the way it goes, and not like sky is alone in poker sites for doing it.