You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This is getting ridiculous!

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I can take beats but now its happen like 50% of the time!
Last 2 heads up SnGs I've played...

I raise button with Js Jc, I get reraised, I re reraise and get called with half my stack left...
Flop is 10s 6s 3h.
He shoves I instantly call. he has Kh 3s.
Turn is Kc and River is 2h.

Im BB with 5c 5d, villain min raises, I re raise and he calls.
Flop is 5s 9c 6c.
I bet 1/2 pot he re raises to pot and I shove. He has Ac 8d.
Turn is 7c and River is 2c.

This is happening way way too much for my liking... I mean come on!! 
This is probably just a small percentage of the beats I've took over about 100 heads up SnGs and I'm still massively in profit which is shocking but now I'm on tilt.
I know badbeats are a massive part of poker but its happening time after time!!

Comments

• edited June 2012
  • edited June 2012
    Ryback,

Ive moved this into the poker Clinic so you can get some feedback on the hands

MOD_JockBMW
  • edited June 2012
    you want these calls. over time your laffing & the money will roll in. take it on the chin & follow him every table hes on youl do well to be on it
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to This is getting ridiculous!:
    I can take beats but now its happen like 50% of the time! Last 2 heads up SnGs I've played... #1 I raise button with Js Jc, I get reraised, I re reraise and get called with half my stack left... Flop is 10s 6s 3h. He shoves I instantly call. he has Kh 3s. Turn is Kc and River is 2h. #2 Im BB with 5c 5d, villain min raises, I re raise and he calls. Flop is 5s 9c 6c. I bet 1/2 pot he re raises to pot and I shove. He has Ac 8d. Turn is 7c and River is 2c. This is happening way way too much for my liking... I mean come on!!  This is probably just a small percentage of the beats I've took over about 100 heads up SnGs and I'm still massively in profit which is shocking but now I'm on tilt. I know badbeats are a massive part of poker but its happening time after time!!
    Posted by Ryback
    That's terrabad Ry! I feel ya pain. In fact i'm so annoyed I'm searching for ya on the tables.... ;-))

• edited June 2012
    2nd one pretty standard
  • edited June 2012
    Amazing that you can be massively in profit and be getting sicked 50% of the time. The other 50% you must be absolutely crushing it .
  • edited June 2012
    Hmm, you are massively in profit and this is happening to you 50% of the time.. I'm going to go out on a limb with my own statistic and suggest that that both halfs of this statement are 100% bull****

I'm sure the two hands were real (probably), but the rest of your statement is just crazy. Yes you will ahve hands that play out and give you badbeats, or standard ones that you think are badbeats, but the part about it happening 50% of the time is in your mind.
  • edited June 2012
    variance, embrace it, love it, share it )
  • edited June 2012
    i don't play many HU SnG but from what i hear the varience is huge so this would seem pretty standard. From what i understand of HU draws become a larger part of the game shoving with a draw or a made pair on the villians part doesnt seem like a bad move if the money is in the pot for the taking and blinds are high enough to warrent the risk. Yes you had villain crushed in both cases but that doesnt mean it is impossible for him to improve
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to This is getting ridiculous!:
    I can take beats but now its happen like 50% of the time! Last 2 heads up SnGs I've played... #1 I raise button with Js Jc, I get reraised, I re reraise and get called with half my stack left... Flop is 10s 6s 3h. He shoves I instantly call. he has Kh 3s. Turn is Kc and River is 2h. #2 Im BB with 5c 5d, villain min raises, I re raise and he calls. Flop is 5s 9c 6c. I bet 1/2 pot he re raises to pot and I shove. He has Ac 8d. Turn is 7c and River is 2c. This is happening way way too much for my liking... I mean come on!!  This is probably just a small percentage of the beats I've took over about 100 heads up SnGs and I'm still massively in profit which is shocking but now I'm on tilt. I know badbeats are a massive part of poker but its happening time after time!!
    Posted by Ryback
    lost my empathy @ this point. 
  • edited June 2012

WAIT. There are bad beats in poker?!

• edited June 2012
    if i lose its not fair i cant lose im the best at heads up i mean if i do lose they must get lucky wake up n smell the coffee its heads up