You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rangers becoming a joke!

LOL. Oh so "proud" Rangers trying to be the mighty Shakers (Bury)! Can anyone take them serious again! UTS! If Rangers are dead they should be buried, not Bury! UTS

Comments

• edited June 2012
    "Becoming"?? oops,too late.That horse has bolted m8:)
  • edited July 2012
    An SPL statement read: "At today's General Meeting, SPL clubs today voted overwhelmingly to reject the application from Rangers newco to join the SPL."
    St Johnstone, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibernian, Dundee United and Inverness had already declared their opposition while Motherwell on Tuesday night announced their fans had voted to reject the application. Green needed an 8-4 majority. Oh dear. This strikes me as some sort of  retribution and appears to underline Rangers popularity within the business. A legacy of hatred so to speak.

Oh well rangers fans i hope this helps to cheer you up a bit after a few wee drams and a good cry ( i have a sneaking feeling that you are also big fans of impressionist art so this vid is a double whammy. Full screen ! )  http://youtu.be/VzA6Gl5CYYU

Victory for the forces of light are seldom.
    Everyone in the UK can wake up to a brighter dawn tomorrow.
    Let's forget about rangers forever now and all move on in a much happier and harmonious direction !
  • edited July 2012
    Dont get the decision at all the other clubs vote against the team that generates the most revenue for them.
    Turkeys voting for christmas if you ask me.
  • edited July 2012
    after a period of mourning amongst the  devastated, grief-stricken and angry gers fans, well-meaning fellow scots may need to shepherd this sickly flock towards the healing process and beyond. ( Ross County ? )
    where is the grand bard Bandini ?  his country needs his compassion and insight !
  • edited July 2012

hope they enjoy their trips to Peterhead

• ACAACA
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Rangers becoming a joke!:
    Dont get the decision at all the other clubs vote against the team that generates the most revenue for them. Turkeys voting for christmas if you ask me.
    Posted by BADBOY985

WOW, I have no clue on Iranian politics hence i dont comment

u have no clue of scottish football and for a portsmouth fan it is truly rich (admin,dmin, admin)

wake u m8
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Rangers becoming a joke! : WOW, I have no clue on Iranian politics hence i dont comment u have no clue of scottish football and for a portsmouth fan it is truly rich (admin,dmin, admin) wake u m8
    Posted by ACA
    I know scottish football has been a 2 horse race since fergie went south
    its gonna be an absolute thriller for the next 3 seasons, can just hear jeff stelling excitedly anouncing if Kilmarnock score again they move to within just 26 points of celtic.
    The other clubs have made an opportunist decision so one of the can get the second chamions league place.
    In answer to your other question Ahmadinejad decides whats gonna be done everyone does it or tends to meet with an unfortunate acident.
    Please feel free to ask about any other things you dont understand.
  • edited July 2012
    Dont get the decision at all the other clubs vote against the team that generates the most revenue for them. Turkeys voting for christmas if you ask me.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Well first of all,the other clubs didn't vote"against"rangers,they voted"for"
    justice.(shouldn't even have been a vote imo).
    Rangers over the years have broken every rule in the book,and some that
    aren't and now the chickens have come home to roost.
    If this was any other club that were liquidated then came back as a new
    club they would slart in the bottom rung of scottish football no discussion,if they were
    lucky(there are other clubs waiting to join the scottish leagues btw).
    They will be back in the top league within three years(maybe) but for
    justice and the integrity of the game this was the only outcome possible.
    Even some rangers fans see this,Although most of them(the knuckledraggers) want to go to the
    third division as some perverse financial punishment to the spl clubs who voted
    against them(as if they are the ones who broke the rules).hoohum

I'm sure the story aint over yet tho...........

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Rangers becoming a joke! : Well first of all,the other clubs didn't vote"against"rangers,they voted"for" justice.(shouldn't even have been a vote imo). Rangers over the years have broken every rule in the book,and some that aren't and now the chickens have come home to roost. If this was any other club that were liquidated then came back as a new club they would slart in the bottom rung of scottish football no discussion,if they were lucky(there are other clubs waiting to join the scottish leagues btw). They will be back in the top league within three years(maybe) but for justice and the integrity of the game this was the only outcome possible. Even some rangers fans see this,Although most of them(the knuckledraggers) want to go to the third division as some perverse financial punishment to the spl clubs who voted against them(as if they are the ones who broke the rules).hoohum I'm sure the story aint over yet tho...........
    Posted by igimc
    I see your point and feel that the punishment is just.
    But for a league that stuggles to attract crowds and revenue and only really has 2 major assets to assist  (celtic and rangers) it is a risky decision.
    Are you not worried that the standard will drop further as celtic will be so far ahead of the rest in terms of team and assets they will be able to coast to the title for the next 3 years playing weaker sides in the league and fully focusing on europe?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Rangers becoming a joke! : Well first of all,the other clubs didn't vote"against"rangers,they voted"for" justice.(shouldn't even have been a vote imo). Rangers over the years have broken every rule in the book,and some that aren't and now the chickens have come home to roost. If this was any other club that were liquidated then came back as a new club they would slart in the bottom rung of scottish football no discussion,if they were lucky(there are other clubs waiting to join the scottish leagues btw). They will be back in the top league within three years(maybe) but for justice and the integrity of the game this was the only outcome possible. Even some rangers fans see this,Although most of them(the knuckledraggers) want to go to the third division as some perverse financial punishment to the spl clubs who voted against them(as if they are the ones who broke the rules).hoohum I'm sure the story aint over yet tho...........
    Posted by igimc
    Spot on with all your points igimc.  2 things I'm sick of listening to on this:

1. as you mentioned - the knuckledraggers saying we want to start in the 3rd division, not because it's the right thing to do but so some of these teams who were kicking them when they were down (not sure who they are exactly) but it fits the old s c u m protoype being more fun to hate someone else than to love their own team.

2. people who have probably never watched a Scottish game outside an old s c u m derby passing their "expert" opinion and some of them also talking about kicking Rangers when they were down.

Believe me these teams would love to have brought Rangers back into the SPL but did not veto them out of spite - I don't think spite is a high enough motive to put your own club in potential jeopardy (which financially this decision undoubtedly does - my own club Kilmarnock probably the most at risk).  Clearly the clubs did think, however that morals and sporting integrity were a good enough motive.  Scottish football have come out of this with their head held high in terms of decisions reached (tho some of the underhand tactics to force the lower league clubs to allow Rangers into div 1 if the are true are not on and well done to them for not bowing to the pressure). 

So lets have an end please to this nonsense that it was a chance for everyone else to kick Rangers when they were down - that was nothing to do with it.  The people taking that line are the Rangers fans who love to hate and people with little knowledge of Scottish Football.

Rangers went into liquidation, i.e. the company ceased to exist.  Could football really allow what league a team plays in be decided on financial clout?  If so lets just scrap promotion and relegation and put the top 12 teams with the biggest crowds into the SPL next season and the top 20 English clubs with the biggest crowds into the English Premier League.

A new club, which is what Rangers essentially are should have to earn the right to play in the top league through football ability not by their status.  Also in terms of integrity, how do you think Hearts would feel about Rangers playing in their league, paying higher wages than them for better players allowing them to finish above Hearts despite the fact the former Rangers never paid them for the last player they bought from them and were just allowed to write off that debt with no sanctions?
  • edited July 2012
    flower of scotland
    rangers......... sag mir wo die blumen sind ?

http://youtu.be/NyGhA0u_-Ww
  • edited July 2012
    Ive just seen this thread and as a Rangers fan i felt i should post a constructive responce.

I believe i speak for most Rangers fans with this voice aswell, aswell as a large part of the club. We are accepting and happy with the desision for us to be in the third division. We now want this issue dead and burried and just to be able to play football once again. We wanted to start from a fresh slate with no burdens about being "that team who never got punnished" we did a crime, and although it was through the actions of the individuals, our club gained or lost as a result. As a fan until HMRC came knocking i certaintly knew nothing about these shady goings on during the Murray era, although Craig Whyte always did seem suspisious.

The money on the SPL has been massivley effected by this desision and i have proof that its a 90% reduction in income for the SPL clubs for the 2012/13 season. However they made their desisions purley based on sporting integrety more than correctly.

Basically what im saying is i think this situation has become a massive joke now, and like everyone looking at us and trying to have digs, we're sick of it.

Update now.

It was announced Yesterday that the SFA, SFL and SPL have not given us our place in the Third Division as we expected. We have not been granted a footballing licence either. We have our fixture list however. :S. The reasoning we believe for this is that 5 SPL clubs have now said the 90% reduction in income will force them to follow us into Administration. To be fair 90% loss of income is quite abit.

The second reason is that the SFA want us to take on the transfer embargo we went to court to get removed. Basically the SFA are trying to bully us into signing only under 18s for a year.

As far as im aware, Charles Green (Chief Executive) has stated that he will refuse any offer into the SPL or SPL2 and will not accept a transfer embargo of that nature.

TBh again as a fan i just want this over and done with. Its already dragged on long enough and is clearly a joke. I know we've requested compesation for some players now with English and Swiss clubs. However i believe that matter is one of importance but the league situation we all thought was sorted out.

In my honest opinion, the correct desision was made now lets just get on with it.