You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

For those who follow hugh taylor hes tipped up a 50/1 shot u can still get 33/1 i had couple quid e/

edited June 2012 in Betting Chat

QARAABA is one of my favourite horses in training and will be very familiar to regular readers of this column, having won twice when selected here, and after looking better than ever last time, I'm keen to be with her once again in the Wolferton Handicap (4.25) . This is a red-hot race, and Gatewood, in particular, is sure to be hard to beat if handling the ground after shaping as if well ahead of his mark despite the narrow margin of his win at Epsom last time. However, Qaraaba appeared to prove herself just as effective on soft ground as on a quick surface when bolting up at Doncaster last time, her rider easing her past Dragonera - who was runner-up in a Listed race at Warwick next time on similar ground - as if the race were merely an exercise canter. The time was much the best of the day even after being adjusted for class, despite the fact that she barely came off the bridle at any stage, and she looks well worth a try in a good-class handicap, appealing as the type to be suited by this kind of test.

In the Buckingham Palace Stakes (5.35) , with plenty of pace amongst the low-drawn runners, it's a simple decision to keep the faith with IMPERIAL DJAY, another who will be very familiar to regular readers, having won when selected in this column on his last two starts; he's clearly very well suited by Chester, as his two recent wins illustrate, but just as pertinently he has shaped as if in the form of his life recently, value for much more than the bare winning distance on both occasions. With Bronze Prince, The Rectifier and possibly Advanced likely to ensure a true gallop amongst the low numbers, the race might be set up for a late finisher on the far side. LIGHTNING CLOUDis a horse I highlighted as a likely Buckingham Palace Stakes (5.35) candidate on the Form Factor programme after his last run, when he was first home on the unfavoured centre group in the Victoria Cup. The 11 horses that raced on the far side provided the first four home and the sixth, and although he beat the 12 horses that raced on his part of the track, Lightning Cloud is able to race off the same mark of 95 (though Amy Ryan has now lost her 3lb claim) having finished only fifth overall. He had also raced far apart from the winner (his stable mate Captain Ramius) on his previous course and distance start when finishing second, and won his only other start at Ascot.

At first glance, INTENSE PINK probably seems a complete no-hoper in the Coronation Stakes (3.45) , and it's clearly possible she'll simply be outclassed. However, there are a few fillies in the field without much form on soft ground, and Intense Pink, as well as three very ordinary efforts, has one run on very soft ground at Pontefract that was a remarkable effort. It came in a 6f maiden on a very wet day in April when the ground turned extremely testing, and on that one piece of form I don't think she's anything like the no-hoper her odds here suggest; she absolutely skipped across the testing ground, winning by 14 lengths. Moreover, her time was 1.19 seconds (or over 7 lengths) quicker than that recorded by the 95-rated older horse Seal Rock earlier on the card, with the classy mudlark Mirza second; this despite Intense Pink taking a wider course (which had proved unsuccessful in the earlier sprint handicap) and also being heavily eased during the closing stages. It's fair to say that my own time figures for that race paint a more flattering portrait of that performance than those of other commercial providers; however, I do feel it's possible Intense Pink may be one of those horses that is quite ordinary on decent ground, but a totally different proposition on testing ground, and with more rain still forecast in the Ascot area she looks worth an each-way flyer for sure.