You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

interesting hand? from lucky 7 tourney last night

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
ryle2010 Small blind   100.00 100.00 8403.00
petethepla Big blind   200.00 300.00 3615.00
Your hole cards
bugaloo Raise   466.00 766.00 6532.00
Goosen Fold        
rustyy123 Fold        
tyler88 Fold        
ryle2010 Call   366.00 1132.00 8037.00
petethepla Fold        
Flop
ryle2010 Check        
bugaloo Bet   532.00 1664.00 6000.00
ryle2010 Call   532.00 2196.00 7505.00
Turn
ryle2010 Check        
bugaloo Check        
River
ryle2010 Bet   200.00 2396.00 7305.00
bugaloo Raise   1666.00 4062.00 4334.00
ryle2010 Call   1466.00 5528.00 5839.00

Comments

• edited June 2012
      i have taken the holding out and the results out to possibly make this a bit more interesting.

bit of background i have been fairly active on this table since the start of the tournament (but generally have had decent holdings but majority of pots have not gone to showdown)

villian seems to be getting a bit fed up and had overshoved my turn bet on a similar hand in the five minutes previous and had generally been playing a lot of hands.

pre flop i think is standard as is the flop cont bet, i have not bet the turn due to the previous hand and to exercise a bit of pot control (when he checks behind i am quite confident i may be ahead) the river joke lead from him is the interesting bet in the hand, my raise at the time i thought was a decent size but looking at it this morning i am not so sure as its hard to see what i am representing.

thoughts on the hand and what are possible holdings could be appreciated and i will post tonight the results.

thanks

• edited June 2012
      wheres your cards lol
    • edited June 2012
      thought i would leave them out at least for now
    • edited June 2012
      Assume you took out the hands to try and make us work out both your ranges.

Ok, well based on you only assuming your ahead due to his check and fact you don't bet turn I have to assume you have a hand like AK, maybe AQ, as if you had a big PP i'm not sure why you'd check the turn if you say villian has been playing a lot of hands. As for villian I think he has a 6 but doesn't know what to bet on the river without looking obvious. Either that or he has an 8 and thinks 2 pair is ok with you not betting turn, but as he calls you I would have to assume its a six or he is mental or thinks you bluff a lot, which I wouldn't blame him for considering you check turn and then suddenly want to reraise when another 6 appears.. wouldn't buy it myself.

Whatever the case not sure this is a good style of posting for clinic. Should post your hand always and not leave it out, as its about advice on how you play your hands, not please guess our hands and win a prize. :)
    • edited June 2012
      kam thanks for your reply

with respect the whole reason for leaving the hands were to get people discussing "ranges" myself and opponent could have here

i have no interest in people guessing the hands really more general comments on the line taken
    • edited June 2012
      In Response to Re: interesting hand? from lucky 7 tourney last night:
      kam thanks for your reply with respect the whole reason for leaving the hands were to get people discussing "ranges" myself and opponent could have here i have no interest in people guessing the hands really more general comments on the line taken
      Posted by bugaloo
      We can't really comment on your line while guessing your hand. And to be honest not sure I get why you feel we need to range you and villian?? Ranging his hand is one thing, but why do you feel we need to range you as well? And certainly we can't really be expected to range your hand and comment on your line, as that is pretty silly to expect us to range and judge a line based on what could be any number of hands.

If you want comment on your line at all, then the only thing we can really comment on without knowing your hand is the river, and there your line is not great, as really it makes little sense after you check the turn. Short of having a repping a six, which isn't that likely what hands are we to believe you do this with? If an overpair why would you check the turn, and likewise for a set. For me if I was villian and I had an eight or even a PP I think I'd be tempted to call as I'd feel it far more likely you are bluffing right now than actually having a hand due to the turn.

Not to mention if you really check the turn for pot control then you were worried you were behind possibly? So if so and the river hasn't changed anything you are check raising as what? A bluff? Or raising for value truely thinking you have the best hand? I guess either could be true with his weak lead on river, but either way I'm not sure what you'd expect to be representing here given the check on the turn other than maybe trying to trap or something with an overpair. All in all doesn't make much sense to me.
    • edited June 2012
      " If you want comment on your line at all, then the only thing we can really comment on without knowing your hand is the river"

this is what i stated in the op 

the flop and turn are standard plays 
    • edited June 2012
      my brain hurts