You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

best comeback ever

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
watched toonarch tonight he was down to 5 chips in the open he came back to get 4th. he was ul to go out he had 1010. leader won with 77. fantastic comeback wd.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    In Response to best comeback ever:
    watched toonarch tonight he was down to 5 chips in the open he came back to get 4th. he was ul to go out he had 1010. leader won with 77. fantastic comeback wd.
    Posted by anjie1970
    5 chips Angie?!! Lol. How many double-ups did he need just to afford the next round of blinds? That's absolutely amazing. There's hope for us all... ;)
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: best comeback ever:
    In Response to best comeback ever : 5 chips Angie?!! Lol. How many double-ups did he need just to afford the next round of blinds? That's absolutely amazing. There's hope for us all... ;)
    Posted by RichOrford

it was amazing he doubled up to 20 chips then 100 chips then 300  then 900. next hand  he was on 2400. i wrote in well done . i knocked of then an hour later i had a look he was on 12000 chips, so that was it i had 2 watch his game. he was up to 161.000 chips. never seen out like it.
  • edited June 2009
    I was working on last night's show, and yes it was an amazing comeback. Looks like there's hope for Rich Orford to recover some of his Play-the-Presenter bankroll yet!
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to best comeback ever:
    Posted by anjie1970
    I once registered for a MTT, went out for a few pints and forgot all about it. I got back when there were 12 players left and I had 40 chips. I doubled up just once; some players killed each other off; I sneaked into the money then fell asleep with my face on the keyboard! Woke up next morning with 8th place in the bag.

Top class poker play!

• edited June 2009
    In Response to best comeback ever : I once registered for a MTT, went out for a few pints and forgot all about it. I got back when there were 12 players left and I had 40 chips. I doubled up just once; some players killed each other off; I sneaked into the money then fell asleep with my face on the keyboard! Woke up next morning with 8th place in the bag. Top class poker play!
    Posted by BigBluster

LOL!

Not seen that technique mentioned in any poker literature - might try it! :-)

• edited June 2009
    In Response to best comeback ever : I once registered for a MTT, went out for a few pints and forgot all about it. I got back when there were 12 players left and I had 40 chips. I doubled up just once; some players killed each other off; I sneaked into the money then fell asleep with my face on the keyboard! Woke up next morning with 8th place in the bag. Top class poker play!
    Posted by BigBluster
    lol nice 1.
  • edited June 2009
    I once won a tourney from 300 chips (average was about 20k) but to get 4th from 5 chips is phenomenal.
  • edited June 2009
    I once won a tourney from 300 chips (average was about 20k) but to get 4th from 5 chips is phenomenal.
    Posted by elsadog
    i won £11 sit and go from 90 chips i was well pleased , but never 5 chips
  • edited June 2009
    i won a £20 heads up game from 15 chips on here a while back.
    Easily my greatest
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: best comeback ever :   it was amazing he doubled up to 20 chips then 100 chips then 300  then 900. next hand  he was on 2400. i wrote in well done . i knocked of then an hour later i had a look he was on 12000 chips, so that was it i had 2 watch his game. he was up to 161.000 chips. never seen out like it.
    Posted by anjie1970
    hi anjie thanks for your support the other night, it was the mentalist game of poker ive ever played in, had connection problems all night aswell. went all in 3 times on final table and it didnt register my bet. thanks again be lucky.
  • edited July 2009
    Went down to 25 chips when 3-handed in a scary sit'n'go, blinds were 150/300 at the time if I remember correctly. Went all-in and won 9 consecutive hands, ended up winning it. That's my best.

Proof that the 'Chip & a Chair' Philosophy can still ring true!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: best comeback ever : hi anjie thanks for your support the other night, it was the mentalist game of poker ive ever played in, had connection problems all night aswell. went all in 3 times on final table and it didnt register my bet. thanks again be lucky.
    Posted by toonarch12
    your welcome was really hoping you would win, but hey 4th is pretty good. wd again ill be watching 4 u. x