You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker software

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Some sites allow software like poker tracker and poker edge etc 

What if any is allowed on sky poker?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Not sure if its a case of them not being allowed to be used or not, but far as I know no 3rd party software is availble for sky poker. Could be cus they don't allow it or the fact sky just isn't big enough for the software companies to have coded them in. Or maybe even their download software isn't compatible. Don't know which of those is the case, but far as I know none work on here.
  • edited June 2012
    @KAM - They're not allowed, someone who played on here made a Sky HUD a while back, wasn't long before Sky made changes to stop it from working.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: poker software:
    @KAM - They're not allowed, someone who played on here made a Sky HUD a while back, wasn't long before Sky made changes to stop it from working.
    Posted by EvilPingu
    Pity really. They don't do much more than you can do with a notebook and a pencil, and only shared databases really would make them a cheat. Personally like mine more for my own hand replaying and also to see a site is dealing A legit and B to expected statistical norms.

Oh well each site to their own, plenty of others that do. I like the community feel on sky, due to the smaller player base, but would like their software to be beter to play cash properly on here. Certainly dislike the lack of auto top up, as that can be an utter bind if you lose a half decent pot and then get dealt a big hand right afterwards.
  • edited June 2012
    Interesting that you say Sky changed the softwear when someone created a patch to allow a HUD. I personally don't like the use of huds and enjoy playing on sky without a hud. I do however wish that sky had a decent way of tracking our own stats. When I played on other sites with a HUD I found it really useful to review my stats and look for leaks this way (am I calling too many 3-bets, do I c-bet the flop too often, etc) I was shocked for example to find out how much I was losing from the blinds with unsuited broadway hands. Basically I was calling out of possition, check-folding, when I missed, check-calling with gutshots and building huge pots with top pair weak kicker. Simply by folding all these hands to a pre-flop raise I saved my self several BBs/100.

On sky there isn't even a way of finding out how many hands you have played. I do it by searching my hand history every hour but if you play more than 500 hands per hour (8 or more tables at once) then you are stuffed because the hand history viewer only shows the last 500 hands. A very simple system of tracking your cash game hands would be greatly appriciated.

Sky seem to have quite a different business modle to most other poker sites though in that they try their best to attract players who are new to the game (running the sky poker school on 865 for example). This is good I supose since the last thing you want is a poker site that is infested with regs grinding the micros, when you have this all the new players lose their money quickly and the regs strugle to make money after the rake. Tried playing 6-max NL10 on stars recently?

Is there no way that sky could allow players to use poker tracker/HEM but prevent the use of the HUD feature?
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for the replies .

I play on pokerstars  also which allow you use "Poker tracker"  " Holdem manager " etc.
    I use poker tracker 3 its good it tells you how many hands in a tournament a guy has played loose/ tight etc.  
    Handy if you are multitablling..so has anyone on sky got ways of how tight/loose you play etc unless they write it down on notes? 

On ipoker you left use the likes of poker edge different thing altogether it can tell you if a players tight/loose money up down etc without even playing against them pokerstars don't allow this . so the only thing your allowed is notes?

AS you can see if you have certain software on certain site your at great advantage over the normal joe bloggs..
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah Kingsproof most sites dont allow ones like Poker Edge as it is effectly a cheat because you have data on players you've never played with, and lot of hands. Data banking is a HUGE advantage lets players make a model on how someone plays. Was a case of someone using similar to cheat on a site and take a lot of money off another pro by having built a model up of how he played and using it to beat him. I guess if a site allows it everyone has access to it, but for me its a cheat when you have data on players you've never played.

The others that collect data on those you've played with are more like the stats you could collect via notes or pen and paper etc, but of course dificult/impossible to do on multiple tables. Not to mention monitoring your own stats on hands played amount won, rake payed and so on without making everything more complicated. So I guess sites that don't use them will be less attractive to serious players, but thats a choice for  people to make.

JuggleGeek: Yeah sky having the poker channel and all that is good and what not, but based on the standard at micros on here compared to say poker stars you do have to wonder how many are watching it. I actually thought the best poker school of all the sites (poker stars is ok) was Fulltilts one. That had video lessons from all their pros along with goals to go and do on the table that earnt you a second pool of player reward points to earn. So say the lesson might be to float a flop in postion with nothing and then take down the pot on the turn still with no hand after being checked to.

It was excellent as the lessons went from the very basics like just raising preflop up to some far more complex lessons and achivements. And in most cases the lesson had 3-4 things you had to achieve at the table and to do it a few times to get it ticked off, which you could actively track while playing. It made playing that little bit more fun doing the challenges. My game was pretty reasonable at the time they did that, but I learned a fair few bits myself from some of the lessons, and like I said was fun.

Still, the sky channel is nice, though sometimes think they waffle far to much at times these days and teach not enough. Sometimes seems they barely look at 4 or 5 hands in an hour show. And shame they don't seem to do what they did back a coupole of years when they followed the tournaments far more closely all night. Not sure why they stopped that, but maybe lack of viewers?? Dunno.
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah Kingsproof most sites dont allow ones like Poker Edge as it is effectly a cheat because you have data on players you've never played with, and lot of hands. Data banking is a HUGE advantage lets players make a model on how someone plays. Was a case of someone using similar to cheat on a site and take a lot of money off another pro by having built a model up of how he played and using it to beat him. I guess if a site allows it everyone has access to it, but for me its a cheat when you have data on players you've never played. The others that collect data on those you've played with are more like the stats you could collect via notes or pen and paper etc, but of course dificult/impossible to do on multiple tables. Not to mention monitoring your own stats on hands played amount won, rake payed and so on without making everything more complicated. So I guess sites that don't use them will be less attractive to serious players, but thats a choice for  people to make. JuggleGeek: Yeah sky having the poker channel and all that is good and what not, but based on the standard at micros on here compared to say poker stars you do have to wonder how many are watching it. I actually thought the best poker school of all the sites (poker stars is ok) was Fulltilts one. That had video lessons from all their pros along with goals to go and do on the table that earnt you a second pool of player reward points to earn. So say the lesson might be to float a flop in postion with nothing and then take down the pot on the turn still with no hand after being checked to. It was excellent as the lessons went from the very basics like just raising preflop up to some far more complex lessons and achivements. And in most cases the lesson had 3-4 things you had to achieve at the table and to do it a few times to get it ticked off, which you could actively track while playing. It made playing that little bit more fun doing the challenges. My game was pretty reasonable at the time they did that, but I learned a fair few bits myself from some of the lessons, and like I said was fun. Still, the sky channel is nice, though sometimes think they waffle far to much at times these days and teach not enough. Sometimes seems they barely look at 4 or 5 hands in an hour show. And shame they don't seem to do what they did back a coupole of years when they followed the tournaments far more closely all night. Not sure why they stopped that, but maybe lack of viewers?? Dunno.
    Posted by KAM99
    Holdem manager and Holdem manager hud works with sky and its not against the rules. Its against the rules to use it with hands you were not involved in, to datamine.

But, if you wanted to use it you have to convert skys HH into the format of pokerstars or another site.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: poker software : Holdem manager and Holdem manager hud works with sky and its not against the rules. Its against the rules to use it with hands you were not involved in, to datamine. But, if you wanted to use it you have to convert skys HH into the format of pokerstars or another site.
    Posted by Spad3s
    But you can't download your HHs from Sky, or have them emailed to you etc. So are you suggesting you retype all your HH manually?
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: poker software : But you can't download your HHs from Sky, or have them emailed to you etc. So are you suggesting you retype all your HH manually?
    Posted by Lambert180

You could retype them manually, or if you knew how you could write something to do it for you.

Or, you could use some of the software thats already out there to do this.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: poker software : Holdem manager and Holdem manager hud works with sky and its not against the rules. Its against the rules to use it with hands you were not involved in, to datamine. But, if you wanted to use it you have to convert skys HH into the format of pokerstars or another site.
    Posted by Spad3s
    Must admit not used holdem manager for a few years, as I use poker tracker elsewhere, though have been thinking about downloading and trying out holdem manager 2 recently to give it a try, as some nice features on it. Though same goes with PT4 when that comes out fully,

Still are you saying you have to import individual sky hands in? Would be pretty tedious to do if thats the case. Still suprised it works, as sky isn't one of their supported sites, or I didn't think so?