You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GOALS GOALS GOALS question

Can we please have a consistent closing time before kick-off for these competitions?
Just tried to enter, only to find the comp closed  with over 2 hours to kick-off.

For the last game, someone entered  a few seconds before Kick-off.

If we knew when we had to post by, say 1 hour befor KO, then surely that would be fairer to everyone.

An explanation would be nice please SKY.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Hi

Please remember that these are fun FREE to enter competitions.
    Also, these are usually put up nearly a week in advance of a match when it's the Premier League season, so there is plenty of time to get your entry in.
    Obviously with the Euro's it was a few days in advance but still plenty of time to enter.

We usually close the thread around 30/60 mins before kick off, but if it's an evening kick off, it will be closed a few hours before.
    For a couple of the Euro competitions we left the threads open by accident.

The reason we close them is because we had instances where people went back in and edited their initial posts. We have to close the thread and copy the entries so that we know the original predictions.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: GOALS GOALS GOALS question:
    Hi Please remember that these are fun FREE to enter competitions. Also, these are usually put up nearly a week in advance of a match when it's the Premier League season, so there is plenty of time to get your entry in. Obviously with the Euro's it was a few days in advance but still plenty of time to enter. We usually close the thread around 30/60 mins before kick off, but if it's an evening kick off, it will be closed a few hours before. For a couple of the Euro competitions we left the threads open by accident. The reason we close them is because we had instances where people went back in and edited their initial posts. We have to close the thread and copy the entries so that we know the original predictions. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
     Hi Lee
     thank you for replying.
    I fully appreciate that these are free to enter and you don't have to run them.
    I apologise if my post sounded like I was complaining.
    I just wanted to understand the reasons for the different cut-off times for future reference.
    Now that you have kindly explained. I am more than happy.

Thanks again for your full reply.

I'm off to the tables now.

Please feel free to close this thread.

• edited June 2012
    are yous doing a free comp for the euro finals ??

• edited June 2012
    Isky are yous doing a comp for the euro final ???