You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son

edited July 2012 in The Football Corner

Pirlo any pub in Scotland the rest of your life - you will be bought drinks all night - the only player on the pitch with one very average team and the other nowhere near as good as average.  Taking the p*** with the penalty when England are in the lead as well. LOL

They're going home

They're going home

They're going...........

ENGLAND'S GOING HOME!!!!

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Not Scottish are you Kenny ? You're right about Pirlo though-not bad for an old boy.
    Nearer home,say cheerio to Rangers mate !!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    i'm english and i'm with you all the way here.
    Pirlo was cool and england deserved to lose.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son:
    Not Scottish are you Kenny ? You're right about Pirlo though-not bad for an old boy. Nearer home,say cheerio to Rangers mate !!!!!
    Posted by bazzer61
    Say bye to Rangers with pleasure - hate the old firm - bring shame on Scotland.  One half gone - would be great if Celtic followed!!
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son:
    Pirlo any pub in Scotland the rest of your life - you will be bought drinks all night - the only player on the pitch with one very average team and the other nowhere near as good as average.  Taking the p*** with the penalty when England are in the lead as well. LOL They're going home They're going home They're going........... ENGLAND'S GOING HOME!!!!
    Posted by Kenny_C
    Things are looking uf for you jocks your only 3 ranking points behind Venuzuala now!
  • edited June 2012

In Response to Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son : Things are looking uf for you jocks your only 3 ranking points behind Venuzuala now!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I know mate - a bit grim - not qualified for anything since 1998.  Maybe if we achieved a bit more we wouldn't be so pathetic as to take so much pleasure in England's demise. 

Until such times I think it will continue, and believe me, we love it.  We really do love it!! - the pleasure of watching England go out is plenty compensation.
    Fratelli d'Italia,
    l'Italia s'è desta,
    dell'elmo di Scipio
    s'è cinta la testa.
    Dov'è la Vittoria?
    Le porga la chioma,
    ché schiava di Roma
    Iddio la creò.

Fratelli d'Italia,
    l'Italia s'è desta,
    dell'elmo di Scipio
    s'è cinta la testa.
    Dov'è la Vittoria?
    Le porga la chioma,
    ché schiava di Roma
    Iddio la creò.

Stringiamci a coorte,
    siam pronti alla morte.
    Siam pronti alla morte,
    l'Italia chiamò.
    Stringiamci a coorte,
    siam pronti alla morte.
    Siam pronti alla morte,
    l'Italia chiamò, sì!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son : Say bye to Rangers with pleasure - hate the old firm - bring shame on Scotland.  One half gone - would be great if Celtic followed!!
    Posted by Kenny_C
    As someone who understands football and admitted fan of an old firm club, would you EVER want rid of the old firm, if one club provides 90% of you income what damage would losing both do?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son : As someone who understands football and admitted fan of an old firm club, would you EVER want rid of the old firm, if one club provides 90% of you income what damage would losing both do?
    Posted by The_Don90
    the mafia contribute to the economy
    would you get rid of them ? EVER
    i understand your point but morally the concept is bankrupt
    without principles there is no meaning or value to life
    rangers need to be punished irrespective of whether or not clubs depend on them financially
    because those clubs SHOULDN'T  depend on them
    because rangers proved themselves to be financially irresponsible to the point of self-destruction and offering their creditors nothing less than total disrespect ( job losses )
    can you understand this viewpoint ?
    it's really important, not only in this instance but also in life in general
    dependency, as opposed to self-sustainability,  is fundamentally flawed and rangers misdemeanors highlight this fact.
    that is why Wenger is a genius. The economics degree coupled with massive integrity ?
    think about it.
    it's brm. you wouldn't say that poor brm is good because other players depend on it now would you ?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son : As someone who understands football and admitted fan of an old firm club, would you EVER want rid of the old firm, if one club provides 90% of you income what damage would losing both do?
    Posted by The_Don90
    One club = 90% income??  Proves the point that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot!!
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Andrea Pirlo - Take a bow my son : One club = 90% income??  Proves the point that 95% of statistics are made up on the spot!!
    Posted by Kenny_C

Its a true fact. 

Income for last season for the winner of the SPL was £2.5M

If Rangers where put into division one that would drop to £2.1M 

If Rangers are put into division three it drops to (as is the case) £250K

This fact has came from a relabile soarce who deals with the SFA, SFL and SPL on a regular basis. And one who i trust. 

The reductions are the same across the board for all SPL finnishing posisions. 

Its quite simple as to why aswell. If ur going to lose one of your biggest games of the season, TV will pay less. No tv means sponsors will pay less. 

All that money then adds up. 

I believe 5 SPL clubs have already stated they face Administration within the next 12 months. 

Work it out for yourself. 

Scottish football without the old firm would be on a par with The Irish, Northern Irish and Welsh leagues. No offence to people in those nations but no real major tv coverage and not alot of sponsorship. Quite simply, if you think otherwise then you need to assess why the scottish game has what it has. Then compare that to the English league.

More derbys, bigger teams, more fans = more money. more money = Better players.

My quote to the SPL enjoy your decline.