You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why are there so many bad beats on this site

I have been playing poker for a while now on a few sites and just cant see why there are so many sick beats on sky poker. does anyone else feel like this or is it just me? I understannd variance and all but.....

Comments

• edited June 2012
    It's just you .....   There is exactly the same percentage of beats as any other site.
  • edited June 2012
    And how long you played on sky? Certainly this is your first post, so I assume not long? Fact is that I've played multiple sites for over 6 years, and if you think sick beats are just on sky then well you've not played that much.

Every site I've played on has its share of people on forums some where saying how its rigged, or they've been doom switched, or etc etc etc. Not to mention half the "bad beats" you see them then post are not bad beats but very, very standard outdraws that had a fairly good statistical chance of happening. Poker has its element of luck, and so if it can happen it will happen at some point, and the higher the chances the more often it will.

So unless you have 50,000-100,000 hands as a sample to show as evidence that something is statistically happening incorrectly I'm betting you are like most people that don't relise the human mind remembers badbeats far more than all the times their hand holds up. Very little or no benefit for a site to run unfairly against XXX person as they gain nothing really from it.
  • edited June 2012
  • edited June 2012
    It happens at the Sky Poker live Tour too.

Over the Blackpool wkd, I saw J8 beat KK and AA in a 3 way all in by rivering a straight!

Also saw some coolers like a royal flush against the nut house and set over set.

It's just poker innit! Live or online, here or other sites, tis all the same...
  • edited June 2012
    Your right lots of bad beats on here but i found a cure i simply don't play as much as i use to.

But in defence of sky i watched the live SPT Blackpool this what i saw A7 against 10 10

Flop A 10 7 The guy with 10s shoves A7 calls cant remember turn but did not help anyone, River A. guy with A7 wins AAA77 Now thats a bad beat and was live play not something you would expect to see in a live comp.

just keep grinding away and try to play your hands different. Raise is the key on here but not early on in a game just call all the way across if it cheep enough, then see where you are.

Good luck
  • edited June 2012
    Which donk got J8 in vs AA & KK???

:)
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: why are there so many bad beats on this site:
    Which donk got J8 in vs AA & KK??? :)
    Posted by goldnballz
    errrr.....

I blame Fredsgirl for encouraging me to try every flavour of sambuca and coffee flavour liqueur in the world... :)

Also it was a chance to bust solack! 
  • edited June 2012
    The more people perpetuate the notion  that there are more bad beats on any site the more there will be because more people will make speculative calls!
  • edited June 2012
    For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction!
    You've just got to hope that very soon you are the player that hits the miracle beat!
  • edited June 2012
    For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction! You've just got to hope that very soon you are the player that hits the miracle beat!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Exactly.

How can people not realise that for every time a bad beat gets received, someone has just given you that bad beat, and in the future it may be you giving as appose to receiving.

Some people see it as a bad thing, but the thing is, the better you get, the more bad beats you're gonna receive and the less often you'll give them out, because you'll be getting it in good more often than a bad player.
  • edited June 2012
    It happens at the Sky Poker live Tour too. Over the Blackpool wkd, I saw J8 beat KK and AA in a 3 way all in by rivering a straight! Also saw some coolers like a royal flush against the nut house and set over set. It's just poker innit! Live or online, here or other sites, tis all the same...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    RNG at Blackpool was totally rigged, I had AA beat by 88 and QQ
  • edited June 2012
    Your right lots of bad beats on here but i found a cure i simply don't play as much as i use to. But in defence of sky i watched the live SPT Blackpool this what i saw A7 against 10 10 Flop A 10 7 The guy with 10s shoves A7 calls cant remember turn but did not help anyone, River A. guy with A7 wins AAA77 Now thats a bad beat and was live play not something you would expect to see in a live comp. just keep grinding away and try to play your hands different. Raise is the key on here but not early on in a game just call all the way across if it cheep enough, then see where you are. Good luck
    Posted by rawhand
    Think i can see why you get your fair share of 'bad beats'....

Am i the only person who gets beaten with the best hand 8/9/10 times a day, EVERY day, yet still makes money?
  • edited June 2012
    Boring thread.