You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This has really frustrated me. Have I done anything wrong?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I'm not moaning about this beat - although it is very annoying just want people to see if they would have played this any differently? This was very early on so gave this guy a bit of credibility and assumed maybe two premium cards or a mid pair. After the river I was pretty confident they were holding anything from 77-1010. Obviously one the Ace comes i've slowed down but even still after the previous calls couldn't put this player on an ace, thinking why would they be calling on that board with a possible ak/aq/aj etc.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepalefaceSmall blind 25.0025.002000.00dodger16Big blind 50.0075.001950.00 Your hole cardsKK   BUFCRaise 150.00225.001850.00pikeybooFold    NAce21Fold    *Call 150.00375.001850.00palefaceFold    dodger16Fold    Flop  446   BUFCBet 150.00525.001700.00*Call 150.00675.001700.00Turn  3   BUFCBet 400.001075.001300.00*Call 400.001475.001300.00River  A   BUFCBet 300.001775.001000.00*Call 300.002075.001000.00BUFCShowKK   *Show2A   *WinTwo Pairs, Aces and 4s2075.00 3075.00

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Bet more on flop, and more on turn. No point wasting you big hands getting small pots when the fish are still in, and facing more on turn he more likely to have folded. As played your lucky he was a fish as otherwise he would have seen that you hated the ace betting less than you did on the turn and I'd have shoved on ya in his spot....

Yeah he should have folded, but fact is weak players often won't fold an ace to one bet on the flop, and then they pick up a gutshot and they see that as good too. They don't consider that its very unlikely to happen, they just call thinking it might well happen etc.
  • edited June 2012
    bet bigger on each street i mean 3/4 pot bet on flop turn river sounds harsh but your weak betting is a mistake u got unlucky but your bets were weak u priced tho opponent in 
  • edited June 2012

I like your sizing. 

I'd maybe go slighhhhhtly bigger on the flop, just to make the river shove abit easier, but it's fine imo.

I think I'd still shove the river, but again your bet size is ok given that the ace will scare alot of his range too. He shud v rarely/never have an ace here though so I'd go ahead as planned and try to get a 3rd street of value.

3/4 of the pot on this flop with these stacks and this board is mental btw, why so big?
  • edited June 2012
    I prob open smaller pre, maybe 130, but thats just my habit now, not a criticism.

Forgetting sizing on flop - which if leading I would also go slightly bigger, being 240ish - question for me is whether or not to bet flop.  Would depend on our general c-bet % and what we think table image we have, but I may just check this one back.  Hard to get called by much and if our c-bet % is low we turn our hand range faceup.  But as long as we have cultivated right image its a joyous c-bet :p

Turn: as played bet size is fine.  If we did let the card come off for free we have to bet now, even if its just to make oppo wig out and do something dumb. 

River: just a sigh.  If we have reads saying he might ship a bluff here I might check to snap call.  Weird double barrel floats get there, but its just a gross card obv.  Not sure bout the blocker/value line.  Just sigh.

I mean its hard to have a c/f mentality believing he has just stationed you with A'high, when a tonne of 1pr and weaker OP's are in his range...just sigh lol.

UL
  • edited June 2012
    Cheers for all the advice people.