You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL, JJ facing cold 4bet shove

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
No reads, what should I do here?

(Stack has disappeared off the right hand side of the screen, villain started with £6.04

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
EvilPinguSmall blind £0.05£0.05£16.29
VillainBig blind £0.10£0.15£5.94
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Robbo67Fold    
mattlessFold    
BTNRaise £0.30£0.45£11.08
EvilPinguRaise £0.85£1.30£15.44
VillainAll-in £5.94£7.24£0.00
BTNFold    
EvilPingu???

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Call.

Hes not full stack so hes fishy. Prob plays like this with ak, aq, qq any pocket pair as well as some random stuff.
    Might have aa or kk, but I think a lot of players will just minraise or slowplay.

You are way ahead against his hand group.
  • edited June 2012

Yeah just stick the lot in here. He's gonna show up with AA, KK and QQ here sometimes but most of the time your gonna see low to mid PP, AK, AQ, AJ, A10 as well as some random hands.

• edited June 2012
    Thanks for the replies :) I was 99% sure it was a call, just wanted to double check.

I called, villain turned over 88 and I held. 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: 10NL, JJ facing cold 4bet shove:
    Yeah just stick the lot in here. He's gonna show up with AA, KK and QQ here sometimes but most of the time your gonna see low to mid PP, AK, AQ, AJ, A10 as well as some random hands.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    This, at nl10 i often find this move is an underpair more often than an over
  • edited June 2012
    depends, if oppo been splashing about short stacking then it's a call
    if oppo never played a hand then it's a fold

or just w/e for 60bb )
  • edited June 2012
    Yeah normally this short of shove is Ax or a medium PP, as often short stackers don't like playing post flop so they shove and either win pre or flip for the pot. Sad poker, but its their way. See it far more often on other sites.