You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sports Personality of the year

2»

Comments

• edited August 2012
    If wiggo doesnt win sports personality then im emigrating to another country.
    I mean winning his 5th gold medal as well as Tour de France. As for his speech was
    absolute ENGLISH humour. "Just about to draw the Raffle now".

He is a personality. Like Mark Cavendish was a personality.
    Murray = Miserable. Ben Ainslie = Miserable

And Sir Chris Hoy said that Brad Wiggins Tour de France win was the
    greatest SPORTING achievement in British History.
    Case closed.

Overseas Personality of the Year
    What price is Usain Bolt. That guy is a legend
  • edited August 2012
    spanner smanner they could stage (and i mean STAGE) the world cup final the day before the SPOTY and andy murray could renounce all his Scottish heritage and play up front for England and over head kick in the winner from a Rooney cross v Brazil and Wiggo would still win in it. Now if it he'd won Wimbledon that could be very different. But US Open??? Nae chance get real
  • edited August 2012

Don't discount Mo Farah or Rory McIlroy after winning the USPGA

Not gonna be an easy choice this year at all...........
  • edited August 2012
    i had murray in the top 3 previously but now ive even had a rethink that Mo Farah could displace him it will be tight but the key word is personality and it has to be a straight contest v the lovely Ennis and Wiggo to win with the latter a pretty hot favourite. The tour de france, the most Olympic medals in History for GB and the whacky sideburns should all help to clinch it
  • edited August 2012
    Whoever wins it aint it great that there are so many deserving candidates unlike other years when the likes of Rusedski,Giggs and Zara Philips won it?
                                                                                                                                                                    ps I think Wiggins is a cert
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Sports Personality of the year:
    Whoever wins it aint it great that there are so many deserving candidates unlike other years when the likes of Rusedski,Giggs and Zara Philips won it?                                                                                                                                                                 ps I think Wiggins is a cert
    Posted by jackda
    I,ve just laid my bet on Mo Farah off now as the odds havent really changed apart from Jessica Ennis drifting slightly.
    Its definately between these two now with not many big events left and although they both deserve it I think Wiggins will edge it - Getting that gold within a cpl of weeks of winning the The Tour de France has never been done before and he,s still got the Tour of Britain to go which should attract huge crowds and plenty of support for him
  • edited September 2012
    After Andy Murrays US open win the odds have changed slightly again.

For the first time you can better than evens on Bradley Wiggins. Its definately between these 3 now imo, but still think Wiggins will win, esp if he wins the Tour of Britain
    Market Activity Bradley Wiggins
    £-3.00
    2.3 £107 2.32 £124 2.34 £24 2.38 £600 2.4 £30 2.42 £3
    Market Activity Andy Murray
    £-3.00
    3.95 £202 4 £753 4.1 £263 4.2 £2 4.3 £48 4.4 £241
    Market Activity Mo Farah
    £12.00
    4.5 £50 4.6 £1,554 4.7 £200 4.8 £156 4.9 £656 5 £81

• edited December 2012
    Still think wiggins is a good price at 1/2 or 1.5 - nailed on
    Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    BBC Sports Personality 2012
    Bradley WigginsWinner 1.51£12.00£6.12
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    Was getting a bit worried when Mo farah wasn,t in the top 3 - Just wish i,d lumped more on it as it would have been a farce had he not won it

Anyone else lump on it?
  • edited December 2012
    shocking farah didnt make top 3 he won 2 gold ennis 1 gold work it out ?
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Sports Personality of the year:
    shocking farah didnt make top 3 he won 2 gold ennis 1 gold work it out ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Ennis did smash it by making x amount of pb,s, . )Which was all she could really do

I,d have had her 3rd behind Farah and Wiggins yet in another year all 3 could have won it

Plus - unlike other years (giggs springs to mind) Wiggins does actually have a personality as well

Ps - There was good documenatry on him a few weeks back where they started filming it nearly a year before the Olympics and Tour de France
  • edited December 2012
    ennis was the poster girl before during and after the olympics and was always likely to beat farah in the vote even with his daft signature mobot catching on, i was a little suprised farah wasnt in top 3 but you cant argue much with murrays acheivements this year, he would have strolled it in any non olympic year.

i backed the forecast as the show started at 6/4 just to hold my interest thru out the show. when placing this bet skybet tweeted that they had wiggins at 8/13 for it but i was on the market within seconds and they still had him at 1/2. duff info as i reckoned 8/13 was massive and i would have lumped a bit on at that price