You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

suspicous looking 5bet time to fold?

edited June 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Player seems pretty solid. Capable of flaoting and attempting a steal post flop but pre seems to be standard given the smallish size of the 5bet can we put villian on aces here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
FASTASFCUK Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £3.71
UP Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £40.85
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

jams88 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £21.52
duonross Raise   £1.10 £1.55 £18.69
topchip Fold        
benc Fold        
FASTASFCUK Fold        
UP Fold        
jams88 Raise   £3.20 £4.75 £18.32
duonross Raise   £6.80 £11.55 £11.89

Comments

• edited June 2012
    all in if he has aces nh next hand please cant fold here could easily have qq jj ak here in this spot im shipping all day long 
  • edited June 2012
    You are 200BB deep, but I still don't think I can ever fold KK here.

Are you not turning your hand into a bluff by 4betting with the intention of folding to a 5bet?
  • edited June 2012
    Villian capable of having AK here for example, thinking its the nuts.
  • edited June 2012
    It's a shove with KK. If you run into aces you could catch the K but if not it's just a cooler and we move on.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: suspicous looking 5bet time to fold?:
    You are 200BB deep, but I still don't think I can ever fold KK here. Are you not turning your hand into a bluff by 4betting with the intention of folding to a 5bet?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Im 4betting and calling a shove but the 5bet looks so strong this deep. Ran kk into aa twice yesterday and qq into kk twice all pre 100bbs and shrug it off but 200bb deep this screams stregth does it not?
  • edited June 2012
    There is an argument for folding, not because it's a 5bet, but because of our position, and our opponent's position.

- You've raised from UTG, where your range is going to be tightest.
    - He's 3bet an UTG open which he knows is quite a tight range, and there's also 4 players left to act, so his 3bet range is much narrower than it would be otherwise.
    - You've then 4bet a much narrower 3bet range, which means you're representing something really strong.
    - He's 5bet you despite knowing that you've 4bet and you probably have a premium hand here, so he needs to have something which plays well against a range which consists mostly, if not exclusively of premium hands. The only hands which do this are AA/KK. We have two kings so it's unlikely our opponent has the other two.

The question we should ask ourselves is, given position, is our opponent ever going to 5bet and stack off with QQ or AK?

In later position, I think we have to get it in and if we're against Aces, then so be it. However, as it's UTG and UTG +1, once we've been 5bet, Kings don't feel quite so great all of a sudden. It feels horrible folding Kings pre, and people have said this is a cooler, but really, is it? I think that we can possibly get away from this if we want to. It's tough, but I think it is foldable sometimes.

EDIT: As we're 200bb deep, was this a Master Cash table? If so, you can get the hand ID and stick it in the Live show thread, Sky experts will be able to analyse your hand in the Poker Clinic show between 8pm and 9pm tonight.
  • edited June 2012
    It was a mastercash so may do that and see what they say if i can catch a repeat of it sometime.
    I think i had your reasoning but at the same time had the thought never fold kk in cash running running round and round in my mind and ended up calling fairly certain i was behind should have listened to my instincts on this one as i think this is one of the few times i should have been able to get away from kk pre
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    FASTASFCUK Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £3.71
    UP Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £40.85
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

jams88 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £21.52
    duonross Raise   £1.10 £1.55 £18.69
    topchip Fold        
    benc Fold        
    FASTASFCUK Fold        
    UP Fold