You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad Beats

edited November 2009 in Area 51
After reading quite a few posts about bad beats and suffering from a few over the last two weeks, I began to think, there was maybe something in it.

On Saturday, I played in two tournaments. The first one, you guess it I went out with a bad beat.

In the second my I decide to play tight.  At one point due to a bad draw I was down to 500 chips with the bb about 1k.  However, I was able to fight back and finished second. My K2 offsuit being beat by trip 8's.

That was when it hit me. It was a case of me losing to bad beats previously. It was a combination of me chasing hands and people calling because they thought 56 unsuited was a good hand.

That has nothing to do with poor software, that is done to bad play, on my part and on the part of the player who doesn't realise they are beat and supposed to fold or who doesn't care and will call with anything.

At the end of the day, poker is a game of skill and luck. There are bad beats but in the main, I have decided it is mainly due to bad play that costs me my chips nothing sinister and nothing untoward in the software programme.

Footnote:
In my run to second place on Saturday, I gained from seeing other players lose to bad beats from me as I was desperate to double up. So what goes around comes around - eventually.

Comments