You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 Turn decision.

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Notes on Villian:
limps alot.
calls from blinds weak alot.
passive with two pair and then house on river.
twice donked turn and call big raise, then donked again on river and folded to raise.
flatted top set on flop.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SMOKEABIGY Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £13.91
xx Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.82
junglebhoy Sit out     
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Swog Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £17.44
godders131 Fold     
EchoVoice Fold     
SMOKEABIGY Fold     
xx Call  £0.20 £0.65 £8.62
Flop

xx Bet  £0.65 £1.30 £7.97
Swog Raise  £2.00 £3.30 £15.44
xx Call  £1.35 £4.65 £6.62
Turn

• Q

xx Bet  £2.33 £6.98 £4.29
Swog
What are your thoughts on the flop? am i okay to raise looking to get it in, given my reads that he is likely to slowplay big hands.
Turn is a standard ship, right?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Yeah ship turn and get ready to doge some bullets!
    Giving your notes on vilian, it is likely he has some sort of draw and by donking wants to dictate the pot size or to try and take it down. As he is passive with big hands, we can rule out sets and 2 pair the majority of the time. Just shove the turn and hope to run good.
    Guessing he it though?
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks for the reply Curt, i was thinking exactly the same thing in play, hence the turn shove.
    I won't be revealing his hole cards just yet, after a little more unbiased advice.
    Are people generally happy with my line here flop and turn?
  • edited June 2012
    id raise 40 p pre i notice when u raise 30 u get alot of junk hands call u be suprised by that extra 10p what people fold or call anyway i like the raise on the flop opponent could easily donk lead on a flush draw or a 6 so like ya raise to make him pay for the turn card when opponent bets on the turn i find this strange normall when u raise the flop alot of times it would get checked to u on the turn this is a strange line for opponent to donk lead again this to me is strength so can now rule out a 6 or flush draw it wouldnt suprise me if he had a set or 56 but it is hard not to go all in on the turn i would prob shove the turn because i think u are beating alot of hands but wouldnt suprise me if opponent had random 2 pair or set 
  • edited June 2012
    Q9hh, shove turn
  • edited June 2012
    i kind of ruled out the set for some reason, i was sure he wouldn't donk lead the set.

i thought it was a random two pair, Qx, flush draw or some kind of combo draw.

Even against 2 pair i have about a 20% chance to outdraw opponent.

btw he held 45o for bottom 2.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: NL10 Turn decision.:
    i kind of ruled out the set for some reason, i was sure he wouldn't donk lead the set. i thought it was a random two pair, Qx, flush draw or some kind of combo draw. Even against 2 pair i have about a 20% chance to outdraw opponent. btw he held 45o for bottom 2.
    Posted by Swog
    I didn't get chance to comment on this post, but I think I'd have put him on two pair as well if he could play, as is a very draw heavy board and so it doesn't surprise me he would lead out to protect his hand. Sometimes, of course, a donk can be from a weak player just randomly leading out, but certainly on draw heavy boards always a little worried about two pair in this sort of spot and a donk bet is not their standard play.
  • edited June 2012
    I wouldn't raise the flop here tbh but as played yeah ship turn or call with intention of calling or checking any river.
  • edited July 2012
    If you are raising flop obv ship turn