You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good fold bad fold

Sub Text: I called with this earlish mainly looking to hit striaght or flush if I hit a Ace I was always going to bet it but let go to any strong resistance! The player was someone I have played many times and knew normally I have trouble being a believer and is all-in was cashing in on the chances of me calling with a flush draw but I had him on a bigger Ace from the start and could not convince myself of anything different after is all-in despite the 2 of them on the table!
After I also thought he might have hit a F/H with a Pocket pair but never thought of it at the time to be honest! But still if he had it Jacks over Aces he may have played a good bit slower!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BenSherman Small blind   50.00 50.00 5100.00
1onetime1 Big blind   100.00 150.00 4060.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

laird11 Fold        
Boxster Raise   300.00 450.00 5725.00
Donut64 Call   300.00 750.00 7484.25
jonezy Fold        
DanBarker Fold        
kaymac Fold        
DELTA Fold        
BenSherman Fold        
1onetime1 Call   200.00 950.00 3860.00
Flop

• A
  • J
  • A

1onetime1 Check        
Boxster Check        
Donut64 Bet   475.00 1425.00 7009.25
1onetime1 Fold        
Boxster All-in   5725.00 7150.00 0.00
Donut64 Fold        
Boxster Muck        
Boxster Win   1900.00   1900.00
Boxster Return   5250.00 0.00 7150.00

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I think it's a call here. I can't believe he plays it like this if he's got a big Ace
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Good fold bad fold:
    I think it's a call here. I can't believe he plays it like this if he's got a big Ace
    Posted by Lambert180

But he as seen me make some week calls recently, but this time the alarm bells were going off in my head, plus I have been caught out a few times in similar circumstances so it put doubt in my mind and decided to play it safe!

• edited June 2012
    What did you want to happen when you bet the flop? If you didn't want to get the chips in you should be checking behind. I'd actually say that's what you should be doing anyway because normally the only way you get your chips in on this multi-way flop is if your hand is absolutely crushed. This is a classic reverse implied odds situation.

It's pretty rare that anyone is going to check-raise on just a Jack or on a flush draw on this paired board, especially when it's an Ace-paired board. Frankly it's a bit of a weird check-raise anyway but I'd think the most likely hands are going to be a middling Ace or possibly JJ. We can't beat any of those.

To be honest, it should be a snap-fold pre-flop. A4 in early position, facing a raise from UTG+1 on a nine-handed table. Just don't play this hand. Even if you're only playing it for the chance of a flush, you're simply not deep enough. It's not as though you can reload and you're not going to hit the flush very often.
  • edited June 2012
    You're never going to be good here to a check raise all in. If's possible its a flush draw, but seem very unlikely given early postion raise. I'd say AJ, JJ or AQ or AK. Doubt ever has much else if you call. To be honest I fold your hand preflop to early postion raise. So often just spewing chips from this early a postion and to a raise.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Good fold bad fold:
    Posted by Lambert180
    i believe exact same lol, if he had higher ace he wouldnt of plaed like that