You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ROCK - PAPER - SCISSORS

edited July 2012 in Area 51

Something annoys me about the game 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'.

Now, I can understand how rock beats scissors, and how scissors beats paper.. but how the hell does paper beat rock? What does it do? Wrap itself around the rock and leave it immobile? Why can't it do that to scissors? In fact, its a stupid game, why can't it do that to people? Why aren't students being suffocated by their book as they take notes during a class? I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anything, a rock would tear paper up in 2 seconds.

When I play rock, paper, scissors I always pick rock, then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper, I use my already clenched fist to punch them in the face, and then say, "Oh, sorry, I thought your paper would protect you, stupid idiot."

Enjoy your game................

Comments

• edited June 2012
    In Response to ROCK - PAPER - SCISSORS:
    Something annoys me about the game 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'. Now, I can understand how rock beats scissors, and how scissors beats paper.. but how the hell does paper beat rock? What does it do? Wrap itself around the rock and leave it immobile? Why can't it do that to scissors? In fact, its a stupid game, why can't it do that to people? Why aren't students being suffocated by their book as they take notes during a class? I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anything, a rock would tear paper up in 2 seconds. When I play rock, paper, scissors I always pick rock, then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper, I use my already clenched fist to punch them in the face, and then say, "Oh, sorry, I thought your paper would protect you, stupid idiot." Enjoy your game................
    Posted by MyZo

And whoever said "The pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never watched Zorro.

He would never have fought off the Mexicans with a biro!!
  • edited June 2012

Highlighter pens are the future. Mark my words.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: ROCK - PAPER - SCISSORS:
     And whoever said "The pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never watched Zorro. He would never have fought off the Mexicans with a biro!!
    Posted by kaymac

Firstly, what happens when Zorro creator Johnston McCulley says, " the pen is mightier than the sword ? "
    Secondly,  the biro was invented in 1935. This does not bode well for your claims as Zorro was a fictional nobleman living in California during the Spanish colonial era. This era finished politically towards the end of 1822, a full 113 years prior to invention of aforementioned biro.
    Thirdly, the character of Zorro was created in 1919, a full 16 years before the invention of the biro. By the end of 1931 McCulley had ceased writing Zorro material altogether, still 4 years short of the invention of the biro.
    If McCulley had have written about Zorro fighting Mexicans with a biro instead of a sword then the literary genre would necessarily have to be regarded as Science Fiction rather than the Historical Fantasy genre that we find it flatly ensconced in.
    Strangely, you appear to have gone to greater lengths proving that the pen is mightier than the sword by actually disputing the possibility. I believe you have presented us with a false allegory.
    This is good however because it leads us inexorably to the inevitable conclusion that the pen IS mightier than the sword. Fact.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: ROCK - PAPER - SCISSORS :  And whoever said "The pen is mightier than the sword" obviously never watched Zorro. He would never have fought off the Mexicans with a biro!! Posted by kaymac Firstly, what happens when Zorro creator Johnston McCulley says, " the pen is mightier than the sword ? " Secondly,  the biro was invented in 1935. This does not bode well for your claims as Zorro was a fictional nobleman living in California during the Spanish colonial era. This era finished politically towards the end of 1822, a full 113 years prior to invention of aforementioned biro. Thirdly, the character of Zorro was created in 1919, a full 16 years before the invention of the biro. By the end of 1931 McCulley had ceased writing Zorro material altogether, still 4 years short of the invention of the biro. If McCulley had have written about Zorro fighting Mexicans with a biro instead of a sword then the literary genre would necessarily have to be regarded as Science Fiction rather than the Historical Fantasy genre that we find it flatly ensconced in. Strangely, you appear to have gone to greater lengths proving that the pen is mightier than the sword by actually disputing the possibility. I believe you have presented us with a false allegory. This is good however because it leads us inexorably to the inevitable conclusion that the pen IS mightier than the sword. Fact.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    You prove my point conclusively as I stated in my second sentence "He would never have fought off the Mexicans with a biro!!" Mainly because the biro wasn't available at the time..... I think

But thanks for playing!!
  • edited July 2012
    you are now attempting to deceive me despite, and in full knowledge of, the fact that my logic and historical knowledge have helped you come to terms with the error of your ways.
    this ingratitude and chicanery is lamentable and further promotes your status in my judgement as an ' enemy of reason '.
  • edited July 2012
    you are now attempting to deceive me despite, and in full knowledge of, the fact that my logic and historical knowledge have helped you come to terms with the error of your ways. this ingratitude and chicanery is lamentable and further promotes your status in my judgement as an ' enemy of reason '.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS

Deception is not a trait that I am associated with. Noone is doubting your undoubted knowledge, however I have no doubt that you will doubt my undoubted dubiety of whether what you say is doubtful?

Never have I shown any ingratitude and I can assure you my chicanes are unlamentable, and my status in your judgement is unchanged

I have many enemies, reason unknown.
  • edited July 2012
    you are now attempting to deceive me despite, and in full knowledge of, the fact that my logic and historical knowledge have helped you come to terms with the error of your ways. this ingratitude and chicanery is lamentable and further promotes your status in my judgement as an ' enemy of reason '.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS

Therefore making him a slave to superstition and the type of person who can cause people to change their opinions and on a large scale, whereas most can only alter option by force and generally through threats and or violence. Kaymac, I like the way that when it comes to governance of human beings you believe that our thoughts and our thinking will always outweigh violence. You sir are a pen among men.

May I also juxtapose the alternative theory that your weapon of choice is also smaller and more manoeuvrable. You could also fill the ink tube with poison and stab someone with it for example, in the neck. It is better for sneaking up on someone, or for use in small spaces.

Do not view your doubters as “Enemies”, consider their actions merely as a sign of covetousness.

Take these words and hold them close to your heart:

Isaiah 54:14

"In righteousness you will be established; You will be far from oppression, for you will not fear; And from terror, for it will not come near you.

I suffer for my beliefs every day. It is hard to be considered equal when you follow the path I do but I am a devout follower of Frisbeetarianism and will continue to be until I leave this mortal coil. Should you not know what it is, Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. You are welcome to join me at a meeting should you ever feel like exploring some of lifes “Other” options.

Stay strong Kaymac….  Please Stay Strong!

• edited July 2012
    Highlighter pens are the future. Mark my words.
    Posted by MyZo
    How do I now clean the ink off my screen
  • edited July 2012
    just going off topic or am i going back on,anyway,just been watching The Code on Eden its a mathematical type of programme very interesting, apparently there is a sort of world series of R/P/S and its 10k for the winner and its a very psychological game lots of mind games.
  • edited July 2012
    just going off topic or am i going back on,anyway,just been watching The Code on Eden its a mathematical type of programme very interesting, apparently there is a sort of world series of R/P/S and its 10k for the winner and its a very psychological game lots of mind games.
    Posted by stokefc
    Jamie Burland (BBP Poker Player who was on the Sky "Cash Game" shows) is part of the 2011 UK Rock, Paper and Scissors Championship winning team...... How random is that?

I fancy my chances if he is a fan of "Paper"
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to ROCK - PAPER - SCISSORS:
    Something annoys me about the game 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'. Now, I can understand how rock beats scissors, and how scissors beats paper.. but how the hell does paper beat rock? What does it do? Wrap itself around the rock and leave it immobile? Why can't it do that to scissors? In fact, its a stupid game, why can't it do that to people? Why aren't students being suffocated by their book as they take notes during a class? I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anything, a rock would tear paper up in 2 seconds. When I play rock, paper, scissors I always pick rock, then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper, I use my already clenched fist to punch them in the face, and then say, "Oh, sorry, I thought your paper would protect you, stupid idiot." Enjoy your game................
    Posted by MyZo
    Chalk or pencil?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: ROCK - PAPER - SCISSORS : Jamie Burland (BBP Poker Player who was on the Sky "Cash Game" shows) is part of the 2011 UK Rock, Paper and Scissors Championship winning team...... How random is that? I fancy my chances if he is a fan of "Paper"
    Posted by MyZo

My rock would blunt your scissors.................
  • edited July 2012
    My rock would blunt your scissors.................
    Posted by kaymac

in your head
    i guess ' people' like you always win, way up there though
    in the big country
    but thanks for playing
    bring some ammo next time if you like to have fun
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: ROCK - PAPER - SCISSORS : My rock would blunt your scissors................. Posted by kaymac in your head i guess ' people' like you always win, way up there though in the big country but thanks for playing bring some ammo next time if you like to have fun
    Posted by BLACK_MASS

and who are you to talk about "people" like me?
  • edited July 2012
    we both know that is rhetorical.

because i am kind though, i offer you this ......  http://youtu.be/XgFtQPgHyek
    can you understand the humour here ?
    if yes, can you do it without bitterness ?
    i think you and logdon are a match made in 'heaven'
    literal equals
    enough now
    the end.
  • edited July 2012
    we both know that is rhetorical. because i am kind though, i offer you this ......  http://youtu.be/XgFtQPgHyek can you understand the humour here ? if yes, can you do it without bitterness ? i think you and logdon are a match made in 'heaven' literal equals enough now the end.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS

Your obsession with logdon is getting concerning