You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another overpair situation

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Do we feel happy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sam9090 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £2.61
Zealsey Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.24
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

bolton30 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £10.14
jimimurphy Call   £0.04 £0.14 £3.41
rancid Raise   £0.24 £0.38 £9.00
r1vak1la Fold        
sam9090 Fold        
Zealsey Fold        
bolton30 Call   £0.20 £0.58 £9.94
jimimurphy Fold        
Flop

bolton30 Check        
rancid Bet   £0.44 £1.02 £8.56
bolton30 Raise   £1.00 £2.02 £8.94
rancid Call   £0.56 £2.58 £8.00
Turn

bolton30 Bet   £1.60 £4.18 £7.34
rancid Call   £1.60 £5.78 £6.40
River

bolton30 Bet   £3.20 £8.98 £4.14
rancid

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Reads?

Like it so far, call now
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Another overpair situation:
    Reads? Like it so far, call now
    Posted by grantorino
    If I had reads I would post ) You see what I see, playing 9 tables so no idea what this oppo been playing and more importantly what oppo limp/calls UTG with :S
  • edited July 2012
    I think you have to pay it off, he can prob play like this with a pocker pair.

Wouldnt be too delighted though, that min reraise on flop is usually strong I think.

Strange amount of limping going on in these two hands.
  • edited July 2012
    i woulda reraised on the flop but im bad at 4nl lol 
  • edited July 2012
    I think you have to pay it off, he can prob play like this with a pocker pair. Wouldnt be too delighted though, that min reraise on flop is usually strong I think. Strange amount of limping going on in these two hands.
    Posted by Spad3s
    It's 4NL, this is the 'modus operandi' of 99% of players at this level.

What ya doing playing 4NL rancid?
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Another overpair situation : It's 4NL, this is the 'modus operandi' of 99% of players at this level. What ya doing playing 4NL rancid?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Downswing last few weeks so just dropping down to avoid more losses, June started great but ended really badly :(

So now I am playing roulette, anyone got any good systems - doing even money red/blk right now :)
    if lose double bet and if win return to initial bet = slight win
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Another overpair situation : Downswing last few weeks so just dropping down to avoid more losses, June started great but ended really badly :( So now I am playing roulette, anyone got any good systems - doing even money red/blk right now :) if lose double bet and if win return to initial bet = slight win
    Posted by rancid
    Ahhh. The Martingale System. You'll go broke eventually.
    As for the hand I fold to the bet on the turn. In my experience at NL4 players will sometime min-raise you on the flop with a pair or draw if you c-bet on a flop like this, They will then slow down a lot on the turn when you call them on the flop. His bet on the turn being a proper size sugests that he is betting for value with a big hand. This and the limp-call pre flop sugests a flopped set or at least a 6. You don't have to win every time you have a premium pair at NL4. Just get maximum value when you know you are ahead and give up in marginal situations. It's only cost you 31BBs by the turn. If you make the wrong judgement here it could cost you the lot.
  • edited July 2012
    In response to your roulette situation you can do that double your bet and then return to original online but play on like 10 diff roulette tables on diff sites as they are not as random as they are meant to be :) so start on sky bet put on 50p say then if that isnt right do the next on a diff one and so on and so on!!
    Regarding the hand your prob behind so fold but as soo many people will say it's NL4 you have to call then i wouldn't hate the call!!
  • edited July 2012
    there is no decision on the river. You have to call once you call turn and flop. You should fold flop with no reads though. Take a note that he raised your cbet. You should call in future if you notice him overvaluing hands but tbh i cant see it being too much of a mistake folding here unless your opponent is pretty aggressive, and most of the time they arent.