You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bvb in sat facing huge raise.

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Yo clinic, it's been a while.

This is a sattellite, to tonights main event.

How do you play this?

My notes on the opponent are exactly....

5pm sat, 25/50, 3x button w/TT, cbet A high board, checked turn, paid off small river V bet.
limps small pairs

I'm not too bothered about the sattellite dynamic tbh, as I don't play many, so maybe assume this is a normal MTT?

Am I being too stubborn here by re-jamming?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxxSmall blind  50.00 50.00 1540.00
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  100.00 150.00 1780.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

DavePasta Fold     
ace0101 Fold     
TANDY Fold     
quinny76 Fold     
xxx Raise  450.00

Comments

• edited July 2012
    i think you will get called by any pp or better ace more times than not.
  • edited July 2012
    +1 to the folds.

You've got a great 3-bet shoving stack here, but the value of it is in getting folds most of the time. I think when someone 5x's for 1/4 of their stack they're only very rarely going to be folding for the rest. If that's the case it's tough to see that you're beating his range.

No need to do anything silly. Look for those better 3-betting spots and always look to get your chips in first with fold equity.

I'm guessing we're a fair distance from the bubble here.
  • edited July 2012
    Suspect he wants a fold and has a low PP, but having raised nearly a 1/3 of his stack I'm not sure he folds to easy to a shove, and you are at best going to be flipping and at worst crushed. Not sure I feel te need to take this risk early, though might depend a little on the blind structure.
  • edited July 2012
    Think its presumptious to assume oppo has any kind of hand here at all.

Only real issue is oppo's perception of FE and our willingness to take a likely marginal flip.